• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,742 Member
    Options
    d45e0ptkjifq.jpeg
    Old pic of kirby after the accident
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Terry- missing you! (((Hugs))) post whenever you can!

<3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug- congratulations to you and your niece! <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Went to the water class. The plan for tomorrow is to do Kathy Smith’s Lift Weights to Lose Weight DVD

Heather – I know you’ll autograph your friend’s copy of your book

Penny – that’s horrible what that guy said! I’d be pretty upset, too

Allie – a few years ago the person across the hall from us at the condo had a dog that was a real yapper. Then she got this bark collar. It gave the dog a “shock” when the dog barked. When we went down the last 2 times, the dog didn’t bark (or at least not much)

Sharon from Winnipeg – there’s no time like the present to join. And of course you can join even tho you live in Canada. We have some gals from England, Australia, even one gal from the North Pole. I know I’m forgetting some other areas. So jump right in

Pip – keeping Kirby in my thoughts. Hope everything goes well for him. Sounds like you’re getting some really good advice.

Wendy – I have a question for you. I know that you want to keep the bees so that they produce the honey. But do you know of anything that they’re attracted to that then kills them off? We have a few by the pool and I’d love to get rid of them.

One of the check valves exploded when we went to open the pool so Vince got a new one. We put that one on today and found that when it exploded, it also put cracks in some of the pipes. So….there are a few other parts we need before we can even start to open the pool. Looks like it’ll be a while more before we get it open. Waaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Rye – Skit is gorgeous. Congrats on your anniversary

Karen from VA – how exciting!!! Congratulations

Dana – glad to see you again. We need to see you more often

Oh, worked on getting some of the algae off the walls of the pool so that when we can start up the pump, it can get it. I did find that in trying to get the brush down lower in the pool, I could do a squat and that helped!

Terry in VT – you sure have had and will have a lot on your plate. Hope the MRI goes well for you

Ladycopnhy – welcome. Be sure to bookmark this page

Katie – congrats on a larger family

Went to ceramics tonight. Newcomer bowling tomorrow night.

Michele in NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Barbie, I need your quote - about waiting for things you really want vs having it now.... I can't quite remember how it goes

Kim in N. California
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Dana: I am so happy to see you again! I'm sorry about your losses. :cry:

Karen: Congratulations on your new grandson! :heart:

Becca: I'm sorry your medical records didn't keep up with you. I hope they get things sorted out asap. (((HUGS)))

Felicia: My mom was a Zoloft fan. It helped her. I hope it helps your son, too. :star:

(((Sue in WA))) I am so happy that you're doing okay. I hope your DD loves her trip to Ireland, but ends up thinking, "There's no place like home . . ." :wink:

Heather: :bigsmile:

Ladycopnh: Welcome to a great group of supportive women. Post often and get to know people. :smiley:

Suebdew: Add my prayers to others for Connor.(((HUGS)))

New Grandmas, & Seasoned Grandmas: CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Our house painters got quite a bit done today, but they still have things to finish on our place--and there are several more places to go for them. We're #3 of 14.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"It is not selfish to be happy. It is your highest purpose. Your joy is the greatest contribution you can make to life on the planet. A heart at peace with its owner blesses everyone it touches." ~ Alan Cohen
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Newbies – welcome

Sue – sending good thoughts!!!

Machka – one step at a time! He is making great progress

Lisa – Like the furniture, nice you and son are living so close. I have a savers near me and except for bathing suits and undergarments, I have bought all my clothes and most of my shoes there for 8 years. The deals are amazing!

Katla – If we get to live in a Rebecca-commune, then I get to stand next to you for Barbie’s dance class as I can usually do left and right, but can not keep time! A bit tone deaf so have no ability to hear the beat in music.

Penny – here’s a grr from California to add in – I hate “its all about $$”

Karen – Great news about Phoenix!

KatieBug - Great news of another grand baby!

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Went to the water class. The plan for tomorrow is to do Kathy Smith’s Lift Weights to Lose Weight DVD

Wendy – I have a question for you. I know that you want to keep the bees so that they produce the honey. But do you know of anything that they’re attracted to that then kills them off? We have a few by the pool and I’d love to get rid of them.

Michele in NC

Are they bees or wasps? If they are wasps you can buy wasp traps and set out. We have baited wasp traps around our bee areas to reduce the wasps because they rob our bees' honey supplies and kill them out.

Bees do go to water supplies as they use a lot of water to make honey. Bees that are flying to and from water are not out to sting anyone so if someone is stung it's an accident from stepping on it barefooted or putting one's arm down on it usually. Bees are killed by insecticides. I'm not really sure how I would keep them away from a pool, if I had a pool. That's a tricky one.

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,375 Member
    Options
    Kim - I love that quote too. :D

Congratulations Dr Katie. <3

Woke up very early at the hotel but I must have got six hours sleep. I'm not paying a fortune :o
    for breakfast so I've brought a protein bar and my friend has a banana at her apartment. There is tea in the room.
    My son keeps trying to phone me with arrangements for next week so I will have to phone him in a bit.
    Other than that it's going well so far and my difficult friend has read my book and wants to talk about her childhood all the time :laugh:
    Love you lots, Heather UK XXXXXX
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,375 Member
    Options
    Karen - Beautiful! <3<3<3<3<3 Big boy! :D

Heather UK xxxxxxx