Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    I am working on a thing for work that I need to circulate by the end of the day and it's driving me bonkers and I feel like I need to either raid the candy dish or go out and run and chase the honking demons outside my office window. But instead I'm just sucking back coffee and glaring at my phone haha. And ignoring the report. I'm more stressed about the report (because it goes to a fairly broad list of people including my boss and our new regional director) than I am about my upcoming performance evaluation this afternoon.

Planning on 5km tonight after work and after taking care of errands. I hope it's still above freezing. Ice this morning after yesterday's melt was wicked. Also hoping not to run into any geese.

I have nothing to do at the moment... You want, I could knock that report out. :wink: then you could run for me. :lol:

Are you familiar with laboratory quality management systems? If so we may have a deal... hahaha...

Yes ma'am. I just finished our Tier III precision reports, coworker had the accuracy side.

ETA I'm just mopping up water from a busted DI line... Waiting for lunch.

I'm going to a class in San Antonio week of the 23rd to learn the new system LV7, by baytech? We use NWA currently. And a homemade (Laus) statistical program endorsed by corporate. Then mush it all into a PDF report.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I am working on a thing for work that I need to circulate by the end of the day and it's driving me bonkers and I feel like I need to either raid the candy dish or go out and run and chase the honking demons outside my office window. But instead I'm just sucking back coffee and glaring at my phone haha. And ignoring the report. I'm more stressed about the report (because it goes to a fairly broad list of people including my boss and our new regional director) than I am about my upcoming performance evaluation this afternoon.

Planning on 5km tonight after work and after taking care of errands. I hope it's still above freezing. Ice this morning after yesterday's melt was wicked. Also hoping not to run into any geese.

I have nothing to do at the moment... You want, I could knock that report out. :wink: then you could run for me. :lol:

Are you familiar with laboratory quality management systems? If so we may have a deal... hahaha...

Seriously? What do you do? I am an analytical chemist and also our laboratory's quality manager. Would this have anything to do with ISO 17025?
  • Elise4270
    edited April 2018
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »

Seriously? What do you do? I am an analytical chemist and also our laboratory's quality manager. Would this have anything to do with ISO 17025?

Whaaa? There 3 of us? I'm just a lowly refinery chemist with QC duties, no fancy title.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Ok.

I'm 10.57 weeks post op. It says on my PT orders that at 12 weeks I can start a return to sports/work/running.

Last visit at 6 weeks, I was doing better than expected...

So I'm thinking today is a good day to try to run a bit. Cuz it's practically 12 weeks.

Distance suggestions? 1mile? I think I can pr that mile... Like, 5 min/mile. Haha!

If I can do the 1 mile, can I try for 3?

Maybe I should wait until I'm cleared officially?

What would a runner do?

Haven't read ahead yet, but I'd tell you what my podiatrist said when I was in a boot for a stress fracture: "When you get back to running, start with a quarter mile." If you're Candian or European, you can translate that to an easy 400m. So that's what I did the first day I ran after rehabbing from that stress fracture.

Then the next day I did some run 2 minute, walk 2 minute intervals.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options

ISO 17025 'Quality Systems Coordinator' for a commercial environmental testing lab. If you google my real name you will potentially pull up our Scope haha. Job description meets the definition of Quality Manager. I'm leading our annual Management Review tomorrow and want to circulate the agenda ahead of time so we can just focus on goals & actions.

We are also currently in the middle of transitioning to the 2017 standard (assessment is the week of June 4).

I'm leading 2 more Management Reviews for the other locations under my responsibility in the next 3 weeks as well so I'm pretty busy...
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

Whaaa? There 3 of us? I'm just a lowly refinery chemist with QC duties, no fancy title.

How funny. I work for a packaging company doing product stewardship testing. Never a dull moment round here.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options

Haha awesome. I work in Oilberta so we do get downstream refinery-related work...
  • MobyCarp
    Options
    So, next chapter in way too much info about Eponine's health...

No running yesterday or today. Had planned on running yesterday, but my anxiety had a tight grip on me. I spent the day sewing (I'm designing a quilt pattern and I want it as done as possible before my surgery Wednesday). Around 1 am, teething toddler wakes up because his Motrin has worn off. My husband takes him downstairs for his next dose and a snack. I feel a trickle of something, head to the bathroom, it's like a crime scene. Call my sister (the ob-gyn), get in the shower to clean up, and get ready to go to the ER. Luckily my mom was visiting so she could babysit while I had CT scans the following morning, so she stayed with the teething toddler while my husband drove me to the hospital.

Short version - I got lots of blood work done, ultrasounds and my CT scans. My bleeding slowed and I got sent home. My oncologist called, it's technically the C-word. She saw nodes in my lungs, I think the word is metastasized. We'll skip the surgery on Wednesday and just go straight to a single agent chemo. Most people tolerate it really well (no weight loss, no hair loss) and the C-word responds very well. I start tomorrow afternoon.

I spent most of the day today sleeping. I'm not sure how I'll be feeling/when I'll get to run again. But at least I don't need to recover from another surgery.

@eponine1984 - Words fail me. Do what you need to do to get better. You'll know when it's time to run again; don't worry about it before its time.
  • Elise4270
    edited April 2018
    Options
    We rock..haha! (I still need something to do)...

Thanks @MobyCarp ! I'll remember to start small
  • MobyCarp
    Options
    alc649 wrote: »
    Got my first running battle wound this morning. It wasnt a good run. I had to go to the bathroom twice..and i had to walk some because i had to go to the bathroom so bad..decided to cut it short but run the rest of the way home...then i fell. It was rough..i was almost in tears, thought about calling hubby to come get me but then he woldve had to wake the kids up and bring them. So i sucked it up..and just started running home. Ya know this run really sucked but it was kind of awesome too..because after this one i know without a doubt i am a runner. Because i kept going. I mightve cut the run short because i was out of time (hubby has to leave to go to work at 6) but i ran the rest of the way home. Ill never forget this one. Didnt get my distance..was supposed to get 3 miles only got 1.78. So ill be back out on the pavement tonight.

@alc649 - sorry you had a bad run, but you are starting to learn that the REAL strength of a runner is their WILLPOWER. Distance running is a mental game more than anything else. It is mental fortitude that gets the greats among us like @JessicaMcB and @MNLittleFinn and @mobycarp and many others in this thread through what they go through to be what they are.

So hats off to you, well done!

@alc649 - @PastorVincent credits me with more toughness than I have. The last time I fell down while running, that was the end of my run. I just walked back to my car. You're way tougher than I am.
  • alc649
    alc649 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent You're running a 100 mile race? Is it a ragnar, or are you doing it all by yourself!? that's crazy. I'd love to do a ragnar someday.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent You're running a 100 mile race? Is it a ragnar, or are you doing it all by yourself!? that's crazy. I'd love to do a ragnar someday.

No I am not. @MNLittleFinn is. I am not in that caliber!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    OH MAN did y'all see this??

Michael Kunyuga was just a few feet from the finish line when he collapsed with a runner right on his heels.
    https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a19731343/kenyan-runner-crawls-to-finish
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options

@pastorvincent isn't....yet....... but @MNLittleFinn is.....next weekend I believe. And @7lenny7 is doing a mere 50 mile in the same race.

I take my hat off to the lot of them.....
  • alc649
    Options
    My gosh Thats crazy! But cool..i wanna do it someday
  • alc649
    Options
    Kudos to you guys!
  • alc649
    Options
    @MobyCarp man were all awesome. I had to run to get home in time for hubby to leave for work..and i was just ready to be done. Lol
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I am getting punchy over here. I just forwarded to my boss (at the job where I just gave notice) some spam I got on how to hire new people. :lol:

I think I really need to get out of these meetings and run!

Ohhh I need that! I am doing interviews later this week. It can help me weed out the bad apples. ;)