• cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    7 mile not so easy not so hard

exercise.png
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Walked 1.76 miles yesterday. I'd only planned for a mile, but DH text saying he'd join me, so I wandered waiting for him.

Overall I'm glad I didn't go run. I'll bring up my hamstring concerns Monday to the surgeon. What are the odds it'll need to be addressed? I'm never going to get back to running at this rate.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984 sending all the positive thoughts your way! And I'd agree with the others, maybe restart the HM plan and just take it by feel.

@kgirlhart thank you so much for the donation to my Wildlife Conservation Society run fundraiser! You rock!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Above freezing and sloppy out there today. I expect it will continue like that for the next couple of weeks but it looks like spring is basically here. Finally.

And it's snowing 5-10cm forecast, already have at least 5 on the ground.
    Monday I was in Shorts and Tshirt, today Full on winter gear. :s
    I guess that means hit the Ski Hill tonight for some end of season laps if they are open.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,490 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984 my continued prayers. That 85-90% success rate sounds awesome! As far as returning to running, my suggestion is to just go out and run. Don't worry about a plan or a pace or a distance, just run for joy. Maybe find a really nice loop and run it easy and see how far you get before you're spent. For one, I find runs like that completely rejuvenating. Second, a couple of times doing that and you'll know where you should enter those training plans.

@elise4270 what is this negativity I sense?!? No, I get it, it sucks tremendously and you've done a fantastic job with your attitude. You WILL be running again.

@Duck_Puddle you mentioned you had run a Minnesota race, I think, but you're in CT? Do you have connections to MN?

@garygse your "taper" makes me chuckle, lol! I know you are technically tapering, but from huge miles compared to your race, and it's such a short taper. Have a great race!

@kgirlhart those temps!!! Give me snow and ice over 90's any day!

@polskagirl01 you can do it. Sign up.

@KatieJane83 welcome back!

@fitoverfortymom I'm looking forward to hearing about how your race goes!! A Moab race sounds awesome!

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Yay! @skippygirlsmom ! Gald you're doing healing up and running a bit!
    @elise4270 what is this negativity I sense?!? No, I get it, it sucks tremendously and you've done a fantastic job with your attitude. You WILL be running again.

@7lenny7 not really negativity, meer disbelief that I have yet another issue to sort out. The doc did say I was "a mess". I figured he mentioned my mental/emotional state. Haha!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Last night Kody & I ran 7 miles and it was exactly what I need. I ran flat pavement, kept up a great pace, and felt invigorated at the end. After showering and eating I started watching Youtube videos of previous Zumbro races and it got me fired up again. Now I think my head is in a good place.

Sounds like you're ready to rock out on the course!

My para put on Eye of the Tiger on the speakers this morning... I was all like, now I need to run... Almost made me want to have music for the weekend. And now I have chariots fire theme playing
  • bride001
    bride001 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    garygse wrote: »
    Today I started my taper in earnest for this weekend's Texas Big Star half marathon. I'll probably be running similar distances tomorrow and Thursday morning before having a complete rest day on Friday. So far, the weather's predicted to be nice and cool in the low 50s, with a little bit of wind and very low humidity (thanks to a storm that's expected to roll through on Friday). I'm seriously hoping the prediction stays that way!

02 - 15.39
    03 - 13.55
    04 - 15.21
    05 - 13.38
    06 - 31.56
    09 - 15.28
    10 - 8.5

Total: 112.87 / 280 miles

Good luck at this weekend's Texas Big Star Half. That storm that is rolling through in Texas on Friday, maybe here (Louisiana) just in time for my 5K on Saturday.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Above freezing and sloppy out there today. I expect it will continue like that for the next couple of weeks but it looks like spring is basically here. Finally.

And it's snowing 5-10cm forecast, already have at least 5 on the ground.
    Monday I was in Shorts and Tshirt, today Full on winter gear. :s
    I guess that means hit the Ski Hill tonight for some end of season laps if they are open.

Not quite that bad here - just a dusting of snow (it's already stopped) and only -2C at the moment. I'm planning a short lap around the block tonight cause I've had All The Hunger. Clearly the solution is to run more.
  • bride001
    bride001 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - Sorry about your injury. It seems like the church and town need to come to a conclusion sooner rather than later so no one else gets hurt.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,975 Member
    Options
    April Goal: 110 miles

4/1: 6.2 miles
    4/3: 4.6 miles
    4/4: 4.0 miles (intervals)
    4/5: 4.2 miles
    4/8: 11.5 miles
    4/10: 4.3 miles (tempo?)
    4/11: 5.1 miles

39.9/110 miles completed

I did my run this morning before work. I got 5.1 miles in. It was pretty good, but I was kind of slow. And I just got slower the longer I ran. I'm not really sure if it was because I was tired. I am not really a morning person so I don't have a ton of energy first thing. It was also my first truly fasted run so that may have had something to do with it. I don't usually eat right before I run, but when I run in the afternoon I have had breakfast and lunch. And on Sunday's I usually have had at least a cup of coffee and maybe some crackers or fruit. I just didn't really have time to eat a little something and then give it time to settle before I started out and I didn't want to drink coffee and then run right away. I also did my yoga as soon as I got home this morning. I thought it was a pretty good way to stretch. I may try having a little something to eat before I run tomorrow and then maybe just a little stretching and do the yoga at lunch.

@eponine1984 I'm glad you are feeling better. I agree with those who said just continue with the HM training you are doing and play it by ear. Since you aren't actually training for a HM at this time, you can repeat weeks or cut back on any runs if you feel you need to.

@skippygirlsmom I'm glad you are feeling better too! I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering how the ribs were. Glad you are starting to run but taking it easy.

@Elise4270 Hang in there! You'll be running again!

@KatieJane83 You're welcome! I was glad you re-posted the link.

exercise.png
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @Duck_Puddle you mentioned you had run a Minnesota race, I think, but you're in CT? Do you have connections to MN?

I am in CT and I did the Bemidji Blue Ox 26k (around lake Bemidji in MN) last fall. One of my MFP pals is in MN (well-several are) and she signed up for it. I saw some pics that looked amazing, so I signed up too. I’m a little impulsive like that (my coach LOVES that about me) and I tend to try and do at least one travel race a year.

It was a gorgeous course and I loved the race and want to do it again-but without my detour because I got lost by the Ox. I’ve run in a lot of beautiful places (heck-I ran around the rim of the Grand Canyon at sunrise a few weeks ago) and the Bemidji course still stands out. Plus the race lines up in the hotel parking lot. I even said that I wanted Bemidji to be my first marathon because it’s such a beautiful course (and the hotel thing). But here I am signed up for Wineglass (in NY - also with MFP pals). I guess I just don’t know how to do races in CT.

• zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Wen2Run wrote: »
    Total - 27.5miles
    Target - 40 miles
    To Complete - 12.5 miles

1/4 - Rest
    2/4 - Rest
    3/4 - Rest
    4/4 - 4.1 miles
    5/4 - 4.9 miles
    6/4 - 4 miles
    7/4 - 3.1 miles. First park run with my daughter
    7/4 - 5.22 miles. Evening run.
    8/4 - 2.01 miles
    9/4 - Rest
    10/4 - 4.21 miles

Miles nicely ticking along at the moment. The hardest thing is that I am doing low heart rate training, which means my average pace is at least 4 minutes a mile slower than I would normally run! Means even 4 miles is a long run in terms of time!

Keep up the good work all.

Can I ask what the purpose is? I've seen people mentioning staying in certain heartrate zones, but I'm not entirely sure why.