WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2018

Options

Replies

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Penny, I think the "tagged" polar bear looks awesome! and much friendlier than I bet the real ones are!
    Rebecca, that certainly is a tree! Your sisters artwork is gorgeous! If I'm ever headed for Yakima (doubtful at this point....) I will definitely get more info from you as to where it's for sale and check it out!
    Sue from Western Kentucky, Welcome!
    Page from NY, Welcome to you also. There should be a reply box at the end of the page that you can type into. Unfortunately MFP doesn't allow you to comment directly to each post. When you do start a comment in the box, you have to be careful to not change pages or you will lose your post. Can get somewhat annoying. Some people use notebook to keep track, I sometimes open MFP twice, split my screen (only on my desktop!) and then use one to read and the other to comment.
    It's a beautiful day here in paradise! Sure can get used to the sunshine quickly! Hope everyone is having a great day!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island where the sun is shining!!!
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island where the sun is shining!!! , the orb is here as well, with his heat on an everything!!
    Rebecca all nudisty in my hot
    Sunroom where I florish, but my rose plant is dying!
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :) Good afternoon!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,652 Member
    Options
    P
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Evie: Thanks for the recommendation for a Bosch dishwasher. I'll make note of it. I am a terrible skinflint and will get the very last use possible out of the current dishwasher before we replace it. :embarassed:

SusieQ: Welcome!

Doctor Heather: I agree with this completely:
    My prescription for a healthy life - eat lots of lovely healthy food and move a lot. Simple.The best thing you can do ]for your brain is to exercise vigorously. The best diet is the one you can stick to. Eating is not a penance or a chore. Food is a celebration of life.
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

My day has been a mixed blessing. Trip number 1 to the stable was a fact-finding mission. I discovered what I need to know. The feeders will be there for an extended time starting at about 3pm. That is now my target time to ride. I won't have to drag DH along, and won't have to annoy the owner with babysitting my rides. Win, win! I'll be heading back there in just a few minutes. :star:

Now I'm off to the stable in an irritated state of mind because of the conflict with the neighbor. I caught my busybody neighbor pruning my camelia bush after I've told her repeatedly to leave it alone. :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

I have to let the irritation go and focus on being present & in a good mood before I arrive at the stable.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,652 Member
    Options
    Oooooo
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I am going to be be 50 in November,don't know why I am scared of turning 50 but its happing.I am still over 300pounds my heaviest was 328.since January I have lost 16 pounds.I am trying to get 5000 steps a day in and I walk my dog so that helps.My eating is not that great I am a emotional eater.i love my sweets.I don't drink sodas very seldom do I ever have one don't crave for one.i live in Western Kentucky.my name is Sue

Susie turning 50 hurt my feelings so bad! 40 didn't and 60 didn't. But then my 50's were just great years. Embrace it and keep saying 50 is the new 30!
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Kay- (((Hugs))) and prayers for you and your family <3