WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2018

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    (((((((((hugs))))))))))) Kay. Sending you prayers this week.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey island, WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,622 Member
    Options
    Ppppp
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Did ½ hr on the recumbant bike and then the stretch and flex DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do some hula hoop, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

Mary – the biggest problem with a picture of the pool with the ceramics around it is that it’s so hard to get a good picture that shows them all

Rye – all during the summer you’ll probably hear me talking about going in the pool. Mother Nature has been so weird this year. We usually open the pool in March, this year we couldn’t until May. Well, we started in late April but then had that problem with the check valve which delayed the opening. The water is still cleaning out some, but it’s much, much better. I do watch it and am in the pool only an hour or so during the day. I should own stock in Coppertone….lol

Penny – happy birthday to your husband. Yes, cake (especially the frosting) right out of the freezer tastes good

Heather – happy anniversary and birthday to Max. Good for you booking that trip

Zkj – anyone is welcome in the pool! Actually, Vince likes playing “mad scientist” and taking care of the pool. Scientist because he really likes making sure the ph, the chlorine, the salt and stuff is balanced. So I let him.

Felicia – Bryan lives (last I knew) on the island of LaReunion which if you’ve never heard of it is in the Indian Ocean near Madagascar. It’s part of France.

Lectored at the church today. I’m really not crazy about Mass on Sun, I’d rather go on Sat. night. But I was filling in for this one gal.

Terry - Cool boot!

Evelyn – We have a bosch dishwasher, too, and love it, especially the quietness

Page – welcome!

Penny – love that bear

Becca – your sister’s work is beautiful!

Youngster Sue – welcome! Great weight loss, and good for you counting your steps

Kay – (((HUG)))

Michele in NC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓⚓
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,147 Member
    Options
    Katla - sorry to hear about the difficulties with your neighbor! I'm curious as to what she said when you confronted her! Such bizarre behavior for someone to prune a neighbor's plant. I hope you and DH get things worked out <3

Mary from Arizona
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I can’t believe it. I had s somewhat long post and now it’s gone!
    Try again tomorrow!
    Dana <3
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Janet OKC, I'm so glad I didn't have a mouthful of anything when I read your cartoon! I can so relate! lol
    Katla, I can't believe the nerve of your neighbour pruning your camellia! Does it overhang into her yard? and if so, is that the part she's pruning? Or does she think she's doing you a favour, that she knows better than you what it needs? In any case, she really does need a hobby, in another part of town... (thanks Lanette, you said it perfectly!) Oh, and I too am somewhat stingy when it comes to spending money. Our old dishwasher actually quit working properly two years before I even considered replacing it! Then I did dishes by hand for a few months (much to our children's annoyance cause they had to help!), then I finally bit the bullet and got the new one. It was kind of worth it as I certainly appreciated it then! lol
    Barbie, glad you got some weeds pulled! Every bit counts!

So, today has been a decent day, food wise, not the greatest, but within the scope of what I can live with. And I brushed my teeth shortly after dinner, so didn't wander around the kitchen looking for food that I didn't need! Even had a shower early, might actually get to bed at a reasonable hour. Hopefully I will sleep too....
    Hubby had a nice surprise when I got home from work today, he has been talking about what he wants to do in the backyard and today he spent a few hours roughing it out! It looks really good! Need a few more rocks, but I know where I can get those (we had a wall of rock come down at work, a lot of it is still there and the boss is more than fine with me taking some of it away), then we need to get some gravel in to fill up the bare spots. Too shady for grass, so going with gravel and planters. Just need to figure out how to get the gravel back there, no way for a truck to get there, so will probably have to get a sling truck to do it. Could be costly.... but will be worth it (I hope!)
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,295 Member
    Options
    Katla - I'm very nosy, so tell me to back off, but what exactly is your DH worried about re your health? <3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I am going to be be 50 in November,don't know why I am scared of turning 50 but its happing.I am still over 300pounds my heaviest was 328.since January I have lost 16 pounds.I am trying to get 5000 steps a day in and I walk my dog so that helps.My eating is not that great I am a emotional eater.i love my sweets.I don't drink sodas very seldom do I ever have one don't crave for one.i live in Western Kentucky.my name is Sue

Good morning everyone! Sue, I just want to tell you that I'm 56 and my 50's have been the best decade of my life so far. You can do this one step at a time. It's a lifestyle change, so there's no deadline.