WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2018

Options

Replies

• allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Lagopus wrote: »
    I'm a goose. My husband's in Nepal for two weeks. Before he left he told me he would check in every day by text or email or his snazzmatazz GPS tracker.
    So is modern communication technology a curse or a blessing?
    /Penny, undecided at the t07190.gif

I was in Nepal on the Everest Base Camp trek in April 2015 when the earthquake hit. I'm shocked he can text everyday because once I got above Namche Bazaar, I only had intermittent connectivity, then nothing for like 24 hours after the quake. Which trek is he on? What an incredibly beautiful terrain in the Himalayas. I hope you post some of his photos!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,182 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

Winter has finally raised its head in Perth us, it has been blowy and raining for the past 2 days. Not heavy rain but enough to make it annoying.

Hugs to those who need them

Love Heather' s prescription - one to love by

Trish from OZ

Strong wind over here in Tassie!

We're supposed to get a major system coming through toward the end of the week.

M in Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :) Morning!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,094 Member
    Options
    Barbie when you dig them up dip them in a bleach solution before you plant them to prevent Iris borer. If any of the rhizomes are not firm or have holes in them discard. They also do not like to be planted very deep. How long have they been in the shade? Sometimes when a flowering plant has been in the shade too long they do not bloom as well. It might take a year or so in good sun to revive them. You have nothing to lose by transplanting them. I have lost perennials to the shade in our garden. I wish I had thought to dig them up and give them away sooner. I agree Iris is such a great addition to any garden.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Penny - forgot to mention, that Polar Bear rocks!

Terry - love that bling on your boot. Very classy and folks at work will be jealous, just wait! B)

Where's Lisa? Miss hearing about her adventures!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :)Margaret,Thanks for all the good info about the iris. The funny thing about the iris next door is that several of them are budding. I won't question her motivation for getting rid of them, just be grateful for a fabulous gift.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    A prayer for Kay & her daughter.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
    6sl1a6y85p66.jpeg
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    I don't believe I did this:

I just bought a new (still in the shrink wrap) DVD (Debbie Sieber's Shape It Up). The problem? I already own it.

If someone wants it for the price of the postage, just let me know.

Michele in NC