WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2018

Options

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Tuesday! A bit sore today; though not as sore as yesterday. I spent six hours total in my yard over the weekend, and I am feeling them all! lol I tried to NOT do much yesterday with the kids, but they wanted a walk so off we went. They were a bit upset that I took them the opposite way they wanted to walk, but I chose the more level path due to the fact that my ankles and knee were twinging from mowing the lawn and all of the squatting, kneeling etc. They still had fun. They always do. We made "discovery jars" as we walked. I gave each of the kids a clean plastic jar (like a peanutbutter jar, with label removed) and they filled it with nature "discoveries", like moss, pinecones, acorns, rocks, dandelions, fairy plants, etc. We found some morel mushrooms along the bikepath! Whoot! They didn't want any, so I got them all! They were small ones, so I am thinking in another week or so there should be some good sized mushrooms in the area. Some rain would help them along.
    Dana, Janet, Lisa, Penny- After a couple of drives through Missouri and Arkansas last year, I was very impressed with the area. Absolutely beautiful country! I saw more of Missouri; only because when we were going through Arkansas we were driving in rain/storms most of the time. But I LOVE the hills, forests, and mountainous region we went through. I remember being just amazed at the sheer force that it must have taken to build roads through that rocky/mountainous terrain!
    REbecca- Is Suki owned by a family in Asia? Those types of bridges are popular in that part of the world. They seem to be into putting a scare factor into their hiking trails.
    Cheri and Beth- lol That graph! My kids always call/text me back; it's my husband! I don't worry that he is dead or injured. I know he is just being a non-social poop and ignoring my calls/texts. As I have said many times before; he was not spanked enough as a child! >:)
    Pip- Your tree and pink snow! <3 Happy birthday Floyd! How did the ride go for Kirby?
    Penny- Love the polar bear mural! I bet it was pretty untagged; but it is very cool after the fact, also. Might have been fun to see a untagged mama bear and a couple of tagged cubs behind her!
    Barbie- Lucky you! Free flowers! I have often seen iris and daffodil growing wild on the sides of the road around here. I always wonder if I could just go and pull them up and replant them in my yard...I probably should/could. The road commission is getting very vigorous with mowing the shoulders of the road. That makes me mad because they are mowing down a lot of wild flowers and milk weed (which cuts down our monarch population immensely). Happy planting!

Hugs to all of the rest! Machka, as always, a special tight hug for you and your DH! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,688 Member
    Options
    ride went well w/kirby KJLamore, says a lot easier going up hill. was about a 25mi round trip
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Yyuuy
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,517 Member
    Options
    Remodeling contractor coming this morning to give ballparks and guidance. Goals for kitchen remodel: propane for Aunt Elsie's stove, vent hood that exhausts to outside, new kitchen and laundry room cabinets with shelves I can reach, roll out shelves and corner lazy susan in base cabinets, replace peninsula with baking center, remove/repair any mold in floor under sink, new double (undermount?) sink and (quartz?) countertops, (vinyl plank?) flooring in dining room/kitchen/laundry with baseboards, repair/replace windowsills, paint, light fixtures. Get rid of electric stove, dishwasher, keep fridge. Explore future possibilities of replacing drivewayside deck/changing slider to new "front" door, replacing and extending oceanside deck to along MBR, with roofed/sheltered area for hot tub, changing MBR window to be french doors out to tub area, changing current "front" door to let in more light, re-pipe house for bathroom facelifts. That's the wish list. The reality is we may need a new roof which will take priority and mean we can't afford to update anything, not even in phases, until we refinance, if we can.

KJ I really want to be one of your daycare kids. What are fairy plants? Morels, what a discovery!
    Heather have I thanked you lately for the AF beer inspiration? So far my favorite (and least caloric) is Kaliber from Guinness, but both Clausthalers from TJ's are good too. Not a fan of the AF St. Pauli Girl, nor the O'Douls. Haven't tried the AF wine yet. If you'd told me last month I'd be AF 6 days out of 7 and happy about it, I'd still be laughing!

Enjoy the day, lovelies!
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.

Monday
    Daily: steps+261. meditate, protein, rx, supplements,log/100%
    Weekly: (new week starts tomorrow/Tues)
    Tumble walk 4 times: 4
    AF days 6
    SWSY 2 times: 0
    T'ai Chi 2 times: 2
    line dance 2 times: 2
    Monthly: Hang up or purge the art 0
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    :)
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Osteoporosis and weight?

I was just thinking, if you lose bone density, that affects your lean mass weight, doesn’t it?

I was wondering because my mother, who had osteoporosis (she was taller than I when I left for college and considerably shorter than I in my college graduation pictures - but I didn’t get any taller) weighed at the end of her life about exactly what I do now.

But she was wearing size 14 clothing that I have been giving away. I’m wearing size six or eight. Her body shape was similar (extremely small waist, hips, thighs and later in life stomach where the fat seemed to settle) but I was alway shocked at how little she actually weighed when she was quite well padded (to be polite).

Could bone density be part of the lower scale weight to ‘overweight’ appearance?

Rye
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Machka9 - Continued progress for DH is very encouraging.

Michelle - I picked up some Protein Premier (ready made), thinking it was 'vanilla'; poured it in a glass once it got cold and it was caramel. I like caramel; just a little disappointed since I wanted to find something more similar that I have gotten from my Nutrionalist. Yesterday, went to GNC and found some that really tasted the same. Got 4 4-packages (vanilla, strawberry, banana cream, and orange cream. Got 2 protein bars which he said was their best seller. Maybe I will get a chance to eat one (or 1/2 one - they are bigger than the ones I got from Nutrionalist. They are about 4 ounces more; but, with the same calories and more protein. I did not want to buy the powder because any time I try to 'mix or blend it' it always has a gritted taste to me.

By the way - what exactly is the 'green room'' you are always talking about?

Where did you get your hula hoop? One bought at any store will be too light and small to ever stay up on an adult. I made mine out of 5 feet of 3/4th inch diameter black sprinkler tubing with one double ended (male) connection, and duct tape to cover. I put about 1/2 cup of water down into the tube, connect the ends together, then wrap it in duct tape. I use the bright colored or patterned duct tape. You should wrap it twice. Don't worry that the duct tape is wrinkled, that is just the way it will be. It'll be hard to keep up at first; but, with practice you will be able to do it with pretty good results. Warning: It WILL bruise your sides ... don't be surprised. Lay it flat when you are finished with it so it won't get lopsided.

We're having warm weather and dry! We're hoping that they can cut the trees before we lose too many more. I need to get my butt up and finish straightening the house.

Chow!
    Lenora
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    megblair1 wrote: »
    Hi my friends. Today's my birthday. DH has already called, and guess what??? DD#1 actually texted me to say happy birthday so that made my day. DD#2 has DH's debit card and she ordered me flowers; she doesn't realize it shows up on the bank account right away lol. So I'm waiting for them :joy: Have a great day. Meg from Omaha who is still 39.

Meg - Happy Birthday! Sounds like it's off to a great start! HUGS <3<3

Lanette
    Sunny SW WA State
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    MEG ~ Have a very happy birthday! You certainly deserve the very best!