WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2018

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,591 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Pip- great job! You have always been an inspiration to everyone on here! :)

I never wait to update especially when I am eating a keto diet and working at losing weight. For one thing, on this diet I can almost guarantee that the scale is going to continue to head downward. I weigh myself every day and I like to see how different foods affect the scale weight. I also update the gains as well as the losses.

<3

awwww thanks!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »
    Ok Mary, do you rest 1min between each set of kettlebell swings. That’s something I’ve been confused about. (Just thinking things through and planning for when my foot is better.)

Congratulations to all you losers out there!!!

Terry in VT

They are one minute intervals which includes the set of exercise with in the minute. For example when the timer goes off to start the set at the beginning of the one minute time period. I do my swings which take me about 15 seconds then I have approximately 45 seconds rest time before the timer will go off to start the next one minute interval. If you have any other questions just ask.

Michele - this article may explain why you weigh more after eating protein with carbs at night time. Mainly what I understand is that it takes longer for your body to digest proteins that's why our body weight can fluctuate upwards to 6 pounds per day as well drop. That doesn't mean you will gain weight by eating proteins. And that is just if you are in the carb burning mode.

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/digests-first-protein-carbohydrates-fat-10384.html

@2aycocks very handsome young man. I'm so sorry for your loss. <3

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Rebecca: I love "One day it just clicks." Thank you for posting it. :flowerforyou:

(((2aycocks))) I hope things are better soon. :flowerforyou:

Sue in WA: I took the new shingles shot earlier this week. It is the first of two. The next one will need to be done in July. My arm is still a bit sore, but not too bad. I've taken yoga classes and been active which helped lessen the discomfort. I think it is important for both me and for DH for me to have the vaccination because he cannot take it due to his autoimmune problems. It evidently prevents other sicknesses too, but I don't know what they are. I hope preventing myself from getting shingles will help to keep him a little safer. Both of us had chickenpox as children so we are both at risk for shingles. :ohwell:

I'm hoping to get out and have some fun tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. We had to take DH's car into Les Schwab for a new battery and ignition. We replaced his battery just a few weeks ago. The new one went bad and took the ignition with it. I'm hoping it will be done early because Arrow needs to get out of his paddock and be bossed around. I'm the woman to do the job.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Lost last nights post :s Congrats to Beth on losing (and colonoscopy)

This solo festival is well run, very smooth sailing. The hotel is brand new and comfortable and I’ve even got time to use treadmill this a.m. before 6 hours of judging and 3 hour drive back home.

Dealing with sister drama (angry emails are flying) but taking the high road (for now).

NYKAREN
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

The elusive decade has been spotted. It was followed by a .8, but I don’t care! I haven’t seen that decade represented in at least 30+ years.

Now I will celebrate with a cranberry wine slushie tomorrow night at patio therapy and return to a healthier decade for my height.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, Heather. Krya på dig!
    /Penny
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Ginger, Happy Anniversary!

Mary, thanks for the kettlebell info. We are having a wellness fair at work on the 23rd and one of the workshops is on kettlebells. I really can’t participate but I plan on attending to watch and learn.

Heather, hope you feel better soon.

Okie, congratulations on reaching your goal.

DH and I have a busy day. Starts by loading up the car and heading to the dump. Then off to see if we can find a new lawn mower. The one we have is supposed to be self propelled but feels like a push one to me. It’s good exercise but I really need something that’s easier to use. We also want to look for tile for the bathroom. Hope we can find one we both like.

Have a great day ladies. Terry
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    Hi people!

It is almost the middle of May and I am starting over. After a 11 month long hiatus, 40 lb weight gain and a bout of depression I am back on track. Most of the blame I can lay on the Great Hormone Change. A couple of things worked together to shoot me into action- the realization I weigh more than my 27 year old son and the fact that I have come close to hitting my husband's goal weight. We will both be at 180 soon, of course it is happy news for him since he is coming down from 315 lbs, for me not so happy. I don't know if the depression is over, I never experienced it before and I think that is why it took me so long to identify it. BUT, finally being in control feels so much better than feeling out of control that I am going to roll with it and call it a road to winning.

I may also need a puppy. :)

A puppy is nice but won’t be as supportive and understanding as this group. Lol. Welcome !
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,591 Member
    Options
    Jkjjj
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I'm sorry you're not feeling the best. I hope it resolves itself ASAP. :flowerforyou:

ohgeeque: Welcome to a great group. Stop by often for support and conversation. :smiley:

Lisa: CONGRATULATIONS! You're making good progress despite the demands of travel. WTG!!!

DH's car is in the shop because of an epic battery failure. We had the folks at Les Schwab change the alternator a few weeks ago. It failed and ruined the new battery in the process. They are standing behind the problem and are hoping to be able to get the car back to us today. The sooner we get the car back, the better. All this affects when I can go out to the stable and work with Arrow. His owner has told me that she's not really interested in riding any more, and I'm his exercise "girl."

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,506 Member
    Options
    Heard something bump in the bathroom. Went to the door and asked "Heard a thump, honey, are you ok?" "Yeah! Was just changing the toilet paper, is that all right with you?"
    Breath. Low, calm, soft-answer-turneth-away-wrath voice "of course, just checking, didn't mean to insult you." Silence.
    Now I'm annoyed, so retreated to the office, dustmopped some spiderwebs, wiped down back of the door preparatory to hanging a poster. Went into kitchen for another dustrag and Joe asked "So how did it go with the firemen last night? Are they concerned about wildfires this summer?" What? Joe NEVER asks about any of my away-from-home activities and rarely initiates conversation. We chatted a bit but skirted a long term disagreement. He believes that there is nothing we can do to ensure our home survives a forest fire so we should do absolutely nothing. I think that while it's likely our doublewide would be on the "can't save" list, we could improve its chances by installing a metal roof, limbing up trees and clearing brush to the edges of our little knoll.
    Back to the office before chat devolves to argument. Just as I was getting down on the floor to meditate, I heard TV switch from "Outer Limits" to "Journeys in Japan". Not just a peace offering but an invitation to sit with him for awhile. What? I'm too busy, too focused on my priorities? Yup. So postponed meditation in favor of enjoying time to be with Joe before he left on errands. There's hope for me learning yet! :)

Mary you're right, game cameras for in woods surrounding our home, and also the driveway where I saw the mountain lion. I need a "game cameras for dummies" link, do you know one?
    Rye as I understand them (not much) game cameras can be set up to automatically take pictures when wildlife strolls by. Not sure if still or video, how to light, or how to get images (wireless to pc or???). I am so with you when it comes to fish and seafood. Yuck.
    Rebecca the spit/X method never worked for me, guess it needed the baby aspirin. Thanks!

Only through pg 28 of 36 but need to dress to shoes. T'ai Chi friend and I are going to the Master Gardeners' plant sale in Gold Beach. Will try to remember that anything I buy, I'll have to DIG in ;) and keep it down to a hanging cherry tomato and some beet seeds :)

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.

Wednesday
    Daily: steps+1099. meditate, protein, rx, supplements,log/100%
    Weekly: (new week starts Tues)
    Tumble walk 4 times: 0
    AF days 1
    SWSY 2 times: 0
    T'ai Chi 2 times: 1
    line dance 2 times: 1
    Monthly: Hang up or purge the art 0

Thursday
    Daily: steps+492. meditate, protein, rx, supplements,log/100%
    AF days 2
    T'ai Chi 2 times: 1
    line dance 2 times: 2
    Monthly: Hang up or purge the art 1 !!!

Friday
    Daily: steps-84 :( meditate, protein, rx, supplements,log/100%
    AF days 3
    T'ai Chi 2 times: 2
    line dance 2 times: 2
    Monthly: Hang up or purge the art 0
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Ginger ~ Happy Anniversary

To All You Losers ~ LOL ~ This is meant in the best way. Congrats on the lbs. disappearing! :)

Bathing Suits ~ I hate myself in a bathing suit. Mostly because most of my overweight has landed in my mid section. I keep trying tankini's but the bra's are always so tight it hurts. 'nuff said!

Carol in GA