Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,722 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Machka in OZ))) I hope you'll find a way to get needed rest. You've been under an enormous load for a long time. :heart:

I was worried about a long-term friend after talking to his wife last week, so I called. He was on his boat at the docks having a grand old time & said she didn't understand and was worried about nothing. If I'd been there in person I'd have been tempted to kick him for his lack of understanding & sympathy for his wife. She is way too thin and doesn't look well, herself. :grumble:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Katla , Keep an eye on your friend. The fact that warning bells went off on your head is a sign you must listen to. We have intuitions for a reason. You are a good friend!
    So your parsley plants are sowing the neighborhood eh? Haahaa! Your marina is your herb garden!
    Hugs from Whidbey!
    Love, Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Well, this morning awoke with soreness! Neck, eyeballs, nose, it's a sinus cold. Season change! Did not feel like going to the gym. Made myself eggs and toast, and resting. Husband went and got me medicine. I suffered thru the last sinus cold, because I'd rather buy food than medicine. Husband just wants me better, and not whining, so he went and got me medicine this morning. Not sure if it was done out of kindness or frustration!
    Cheers all!
    Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    I, too, am hoping for a sequel to This Little Pig.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    :)
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful horse, Wendy.

I had a quiet weekend. Hubby and youngest son were in California for an adventure, so it was just the two older boys with me. At one point, they were both gone and I was home completely alone for a couple hours. That never happens and was amazing. Hubby and youngest got home early this morning but after I had left for work, so I will see them tonight.

Oldest hasn't heard back yet on the job prospect. We are still hopeful.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Becca: Thanks for your kind words about my friend. She was at yoga this morning and seemed just fine. Yay!!! On another topic, I'll bet your DH savors the opportunity to take care of you once in a while, and getting your medicine is a practical way to help. :flowerforyou:

Wendy: Esmerelda is beautiful. :star:

I've been to yoga and the grocery store today. DH is having a quiet day and I think he isn't feeling the best. I hope that improves as the day goes along.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Hello all: Hope your Monday is going well. I have been up and done some yard work this morning. Also talked to my BF for a long time. She has been on vacation for the last two weeks in Florida so we have not talked for a while. I have found that if I get up and get busy with something it helps me not eat until 11:00. Had a good weekend with the DGD. She sang in choir with me yesterday.

Wendy - Esmerelda is beautiful. She looks a lot like my DD's first lesson horse. What color was she when she was young? My gray gelding was registered as a sorrel with three white socks and a star and snip when he was born but was dapple grey when I bought him and white by the time he was 10.

Lanette - I like having DD doing the IF with me. I really am a breakfast person and it helps if we are both putting it off until 11:00. We are both doing our eating between 11 and 7. She says the hardest thing for her is not eating when she takes her meds at night. Not eating after dinner does not bother me. I have been doing that for a long time.

Okie - Happy Anniversary!

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Ooo
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    The survey seemed to go ok. He only took an hour and said it was a "simple" job.

With DH at the cricket I was able to catch up on a couple of recordings of programmes he doesn't like. My Asian soup was delicious. :D

Tomorrow we are off to London to see DH's younger daughter for lunch. It's an expensive and time consuming lunch, four hours journey for just over an hour together, but we don't see her often. She is always going somewhere, or doing something. Still single at 44, she makes sure she fills up her life and is addicted to travelling abroad and Salsa dancing. She came down for one night after Christmas. Still, I am fond of her and happy to make the effort. <3

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Trish from OZ
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    utf3qto6dymx.jpeg
    My sister's latest creation. Birds eggs!
    a160r6ms2w4f.jpeg
    She is so artistic!
    Rebecca

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Carol - I take that as a massive compliment! :) There may never be one, however... It's possible that Flak Anders married her fire chief and they ambled off into the sunset together. We may never know. :smiley:

Not fair, Lisa! You mentioned it was a "series" and I've been waiting!! ;)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    915g3dvfpxfe.jpg