WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2018

Options

Replies

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Y'all definitely know the way to make a writer happy. :blush: No promises though! :)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Hope all had a good day (however you define "good")!

A little sun 500824ms6eoy3c9b.gif this morning then some passing 590935ankbyj1xx4.gif showers.

Cheri
    in the "less than 2 weeks till we move" kinda mood
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Katla – My uncle used to own a VW Dealership and when a car came in for service and stayed overnight; when everybody left, he’d go put $$$ in an area that ‘if’ they did their job, they’d find it. Then before the customer left, he’d go check the car to make sure it was gone. Kept his mechanics happy and working hard.
    I had a VW Beetle when I went to school and Louis had a Karma Ghia when we married. Loved that car; but, when the babies started coming it was practical at all. I think he regretted selling it. But, there isn’t a VW dealership anywhere near us. Used to have a Mazda dealership that was also a VW Dealership. We owned a Mazda for a pretty long time, then we took it back up to Macon to sell it because there were no dealerships that had mechanics that could fix it and they couldn’t get parts (or so they’d say – wanting you to trade it in).

Machka – I feel the same way the other ladies feel, hoping that things will be, at least, pretty close to what it was before all the issues. It happens; but, it takes a lot of PT and OT and patience.

Karen – I think Camilla is a half-@$$-ed ‘wanna-be’ royal and doesn’t like it when Prince Charles does anything with another woman even if it is his ‘daughter-in-law’. She’s never happy and has a ‘sour-puss’ look on her face at all times. I think she was put out when he took Meghan’s mother’s hand and walked away. I’ve said this before, Harry and Meghan were ‘definitely in love’ … you don’t have that ‘sparkle in your eyes’ the way those two do and not be ‘head over heels in love’. My DYS and DDnL#2 were and still are that way. She even calls him her “Prince William”.

A HS friend of mine has either a granddaughter or a niece who has been taken to Colorado for being able to get CBD or CBD/THC oil – she was almost in a vegetative state, having seizures non-stop and now she is sitting up on her own. Totally different than she has been for the past 5 years.

What do your dogs take it for?

Rye – Cute kitty!

Rebecca – Kitty Shock!

Heather – Love the violas in the cracks. We call them ‘Johnny Jump Ups’ because they usually ‘jump up’ in the woods near the creek.

Wendy - Esmerelda is a beautiful horse

Lenora
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hi y’all!
    Happy anniversary and happy birthday to all of you!

Wendy I love your pretty little Arab! Arabs have such cute “dished” faces. I once had horses. While I was growing up and when I was married to my kids dad. I frequently drive by some horses in a pasture. I would love to stop and ask the owners if I can pet them. There are two miniature donkeys in another pasture. I think one is in foal. If it is I can’t wait to see it!

I scrubbed the garage door today. A two car garage door. Then the front of the house under the kitchen nook window. Moss was starting to grow there. What a job! I got my exercise for the day. DH scrubbed for a minute but was just going around in circles. I had to do it over. Arrr!! He did better hosing down the soap and squirting the dogs! That’s my DH!!

CBD oil you don’t have to have a medical marijuana card to purchase CBD oil. It’s legal in all 50 states. Here’s a screen shot of what I buy:

rav36wxj4w63.png

Terpines are flavors if you are wondering. Also vaping CBD is not smoking. The vape pen heats the oil to the point of vaporizing it.
    If you go to their website you can look at their lab results from an independent lab. The amount of THC is less than .01%. I have been happy with them and they quickly mail out to you.

Stay on track dear friends! If you mess up just get back up and don’t look back; don’t whine about yesterday, look forward to the new you!

Have a great evening!
    Dana in Arkansas
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,096 Member
    Options
    Wendy What a beauty!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rita: I hope you enjoy your new adventure and new park. :heart:

Allie: You were so wise to dump Tom. I hope you get a fair share of his pension. :flowerforyou:

Lenora: DH is very happy with the work they did on his Passat. It wasn't free, buty any means, but the car is working better than ever. :bigsmile:

Pip: Happy early birthday. The gloves look great! :smiley:

Michele: I love your ceramics. They are cute and colorful. :flowerforyou:

Wendy: Arabian horses have the prettiest heads. Your girl is gorgeous! :heart:

I had a lovely day today doing basic errands and spending a bit of time with DH. He is doing so much better than he was just a few weeks ago. It is amazing how much change there has been for the better since he began the FODMAP diet. He's stopped eating things that he didn't even know were making him sick, and he is feeling better. :heart:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    I emailed my attorney last night, and she wants to talk to me which means money but like I said Tom didn't disclose that he had a pension, so in doing so the penalty for that is I would get 50% .. should have disclosed that huh?
    today I am waiting on hearing from insurance people have to get homeowners ,car and life insurance together...
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Michele ~ Cute little gnome!

Wendy ~ Beautiful Esmeralda

Pip ~ Happy early birthday!

Kelly ~ That hat is something else. I really didn't like all the hats the ladies were wearing to the wedding. At least Megan's mom's hat was a size that suited her.

Getting ready to go vote for a new governor for Georgia!

Carol
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Michele: I'm so sorry to hear that Vince hurt his back at bowling. I hope it heals quickly. :star:

Kelly: Did someone photoshop that "hat" onto Camilla? I have serious trouble believing for a minute that she would wear an appetizer tray on her head at her stepson's wedding. :noway:

I ache everywhere this morning. I'm not sure why, though. I didn't do any heavy gardening yesterday. I did have a lovely yoga class, but yoga doesn't make me sore. It is a puzzle. I'm thinking a bit of exercise will fix it. Maybe I'll talk DH into a walk today.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,722 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did 5 minutes of the hulahoop, held my plank for 3 minutes, then took the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Firm Basics DVD (a new one)

Lacey – I’m so sorry to hear that something bad happened to someone you know. Know that we are always here ready to listen

Okie – happy anniversary you newlywed. Congrats on hitting your goal. Look on the bright side of your bitten lip. That will probably make it harder to eat!

Vince hurt his back at bowling today. Sometimes I think that man is falling apart….lol

Exercised, stopped at the Salvation Army, stopped at one outlet store to see if they had my sandwich rounds which they didn’t so I went to Aldi, got a few things, stopped at Habitat for Humanity to be nice to this one gal, went bowling, home for dinner, then I went to ceramics then mahjongg. The gal who usually has it was quite upset because one of the other gals had laryngitis and some sort of cough. Honestly, if it were me, I probably would have just skipped going. It’s only a game, it’s not the end of the world if you don’t go. But that’s me. Supposed to volunteer at the Green Room tomorrow. It’s only tickets for benefactors so it’s usually very quiet. When I get home I need to make this truffle pie for one of the ladies at ceramics since it’s her birthday Wednesday. I also want to make a pudding pie for Vince. That’s something he hasn’t had in a while.

Allie – I hope you gets lots of that pension that Tom kept “hidden”.

Pip – lovely gloves. How early a birthday present are they?

Michele in NC
    0s9xsn9qpvwu.jpg
    nuazqittzqgp.jpg

Bday will b the 25th, I’ll b 59
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Started my morning with my husband coming home having had his Tim Horton's coffee cup collapse on him while driving to work. He has a light burn on his abdomen and his car was covered in coffee... he must have flung it when the scalding coffee hit his skin. While he changed his clothes I took a wet vac to the interior ... what a mess.

Stye ... I can't remember who is dealing with a stye on her eyelid. I am under treatment for a stye. You are right... warm compresses ... eyelid wipes (available at the drugstore) or baby shampoo used to clean the area near your eyelash follicles ... and an over the counter antibiotic ointment like bacitracin are recommended. If you are in a lot of pain or you vision is impaired ... see a doctor who will then order oral antibiotics as well. I have done everything and still have a slight raised area. Was sent to an eye surgeon who said to continue with everything but the oral antibiotics ...she said it would "melt away" eventually ... surgery not warranted.

Eating has been a roller-coaster ... one day up and one day down. I am reacting to circumstances and need to reign my eating patterns in quickly. Mary ... I have started the kettle bell exercises. I'm concerned about my form so have been going very slowly and have modified the squats due to bursitis in my knees acting up (using a raised chair that I "bump with my rump" instead of going all the way down). You wrote that I would think I had not done anything the first and second day! LOL! I could barely walk the next morning!! That's a pretty powerful exercise routine!

Beth
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Good morning all! Happy Tuesday! I am down a pound! Yea! I began planking a couple of weeks ago and am now up to a minute and a half hold. I got up and got myself to the pool yesterday morning. Felt really good after a weekend of paint prep and cleaning. I have my ceiling taped off below the trim, ready to paint; but I won't be able to paint my ceiling until this rain passes. (It has been raining for four days straight). Fingers crossed it will happen tomorrow night (temps will be too low tonight to open the house up for ventilation.)
    Wendy- Esmerelda! She is a beauty! So glad she had you, who saw the beauty and the potential in her age and demeanor! Yea!
    Pip-Nice gloves! Happy birthday bike ride!
    Lisa- Congrats on your book being published! If your fans on this site are right, you need to get busy on a sequel to This Little Pig!
    Dana- Thanks for the CBD info!
    Michele- cute little "mushroom man"! When I was a child, I remember my mom telling me stories of faeries, brownies and gnomes and I would spend hours wandering through the woods behind our house looking for them. I am sure some of the little creatures looked just like your little ceramic creation!
    Becca- I love the egg art! Speckled eggs always remind me of those spiced jelly beans that are speckled.
    Allie- Shame on Tom! Trying to hide his $$! I hope you get your 50%.
    Heather- Not sure if I mentioned; but my DYS got me your book for mother's day! I have begun reading it, but it is slow going due to all of the painting, and prep that needs to get done. Just have to say, you write beautifully! So clear and descriptive from a small child's point of view/memory of how things are/were. I love the mind and soul of little Heather and my heart just aches for her and the "bad" that she experiences. I will write a review as soon as I can finish the book. All of my love to you, my friend, and the little you inside! <3

So...after two weeks of "royal wedding" build up, then a weekend of news coverage on the "day itself"; I was a little put out yesterday to sit down with my coffee, after a relaxing swim, to turn on the news and find they are STILL talking about this wedding! Gah! Just stop, PLEASE! Anyway, I got a good belly laugh from the following photo that a friend posted on Facebook. Enjoy! trpj3zlr2xo7.jpg

ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

BWAAAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Michele: I'm so sorry to hear that Vince hurt his back at bowling. I hope it heals quickly. :star:

Kelly: Did someone photoshop that "hat" onto Camilla? I have serious trouble believing for a minute that she would wear an appetizer tray on her head at her stepson's wedding. :noway:

I ache everywhere this morning. I'm not sure why, though. I didn't do any heavy gardening yesterday. I did have a lovely yoga class, but yoga doesn't make me sore. It is a puzzle. I'm thinking a bit of exercise will fix it. Maybe I'll talk DH into a walk today.

LOLOLOLOL!!! Katla, no, her real hat looked like pink ceiling insulation.

Karen in Virginia, laughing laughing laughing
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,722 Member
    Options
    yesterdays stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym w/20-25# backpack- 7est min, 115mhr, 12.1amph. 1.5mi= 50c
    apple watch- 65c
    0 RUNNER- 30min, 110ahr, 121mhr, lvl7-7-9, 9.18min mi, 13h, 109c, 43l, 3.23mi= 196c
    fl exer- 10min, 5sets of 10ea, pushups, situps, all 4's elbow to knee, on butt-knees to chest, 111mhr= 54c
    apple watch- 23c
    bike ride gym 2 dome w/20-25# backpack- 5.04min, 104ahr, 129mhr, 17.7amph, 1.4mi= 44c
    apple watch- 46c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn sta w/20-25# backpack- 13.05min, 14amph, 126ahr, 158mhr, (nothing like chasing someone to make you faster) 3mi= 145c
    apple watch- 120c
    walk sta 2 wk w/20-25# backpack- 7.55min, 110mhr, 139ahr, 3.8ap, .5mi= 54c
    apple watch- 56c
    walk wk 2 sumn sta- 7min, 4.0ap, 108mhr, .4mi= 41c
    apple watch- 46c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 17.37min, 8.9amph, 141mhr, 2.6mi= 166c
    apple watch- 154c

total cal 750