WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2018

Options

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

Mouth is getting better (YEAH!). Weight is going down (boo!). I will concentrate on gaining a few pounds this weekend while we are in my hometown briefly. I see at least 2 days with ice cream involved! Woo hoo!!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,813 Member
    Options
    Love violas. They do well here until it gets too hot! I planted more of them this year. They do self seed. I had alyssum self seed in our rock last year. Fun!

Been busy trying to get our side our the back fence stained. We took out a couple of trees and now I can get to it better. It had not been stained for twelve years. It needs it. It has taken longer then I thought. I can only do a little at a time because it is hard on my wrist. I am using a paint brush and not a spray.

Weekend very busy. We went to a friend's concert on Friday, out to dinner with DS, and an over 50 gathering yesterday. I made fruit kabobs. I used pineapple, cantaloupe, and organic strawberries. The non organic are so big and tasteless now I wanted strawberries that taste like strawberries. They did go quickly.

:heart:
    Margaret

I'm going to have to try this, I don't like the strawberries I get anymore either.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    The only thing big tasteless strawberries are grand for is using an injector of chocolate and filling those puppies with chocolate! Or booze strawberry flavored jello! Or daiquiri mix! Ok I'll stop now!
    Silly Rebecca
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hi friends. I have been really overwhelmed the last several days by just the most mundane things. I can't get anything accomplished and end up just sitting there, looking around, wondering what to do all the while everything is piling up around me. I'm sure it will pass but in the meantime, it's frustrating.

I have lost a little weight, but I am not updating my tracker here until I am back to where I was. I can't believe that was in 2014. UGH. I guess that's what happens when you lose accountability.

It's raining like crazy here with lots of thunder and lightening. No real severe stuff, but boy do we need the moisture.

The stories about strawberries...the dog we had before Benny Beagle would eat them all right off the plants. We couldn't figure out what was getting to them until one day she came in from the yard with strawberry goo literally oozing off her lips! That dog's name was NOChelseyBadDog for good reason.

OK I'm going to try to get something done since I actually showed up at work today! :) I've been playing hooky. Actually right now nothing is going on and most people aren't here anyway.

Take care all, Meg from dark Omaha
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,813 Member
    Options
    The only thing big tasteless strawberries are grand for is using an injector of chocolate and filling those puppies with chocolate! Or booze strawberry flavored jello! Or daiquiri mix! Ok I'll stop now!
    Silly Rebecca

I make strawberry shortcake with them, but I like your boozy ideas.
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,369 Member
    Options
    We are back from London. :D DH was really delighted to see his daughter and we enjoyed our pizza lunch. They even had Seedlip as an AF offering with a sprig of fresh mint. I'm copying that at home! :D At the train station we managed to pick up a few supplies to make DH's picnic lunch a bit more interesting tomorrow for his cricket. Pork pie and custard tarts!!!!

We had Avgolemono for dinner, made with the best chicken stock I have ever made - 3 carcases in the IP for 105 mins at pressure. The stuff of heaven!

Feeling very tired now. Amazing how tiring just sitting in a train for three hours can be! Worth it though.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    I had a horrible dream last night, if any of you can figure out its meaning, I'm open to it. In the dream I was driving a large coach bus, it was empty when I got off the bus and it continued to drive off, then crashed with a large explosion---riveted awake....What can that mean.......nothing good I think. Anyway, have fun with the analysis, I may just need some serious help.....

NYKaren
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Heather - I have been doing the poo test, but with my brother having terminal colon cancer they want me in for a baseline NOW…

“This is my patio with the self seeded violas struggling through the cracks. I'm sure you can all make up your own metaphors! ” made me think bloom where you’re planted!

Ladies thanks for all the support, I am not happy about fasting, but I can do anything once….

Lacey – take care

Allie – glad you found support in the form of an egret… And a bit of Tom’s “hidden pension” will help your finances- every little bit helps

Margaret - good luck on your fence, a brush is more time consuming, but a sprayer wastes a lot of paint/stain

Royal Wedding – I missed it all; but the lunch meat hat is absolutely the funniest thing this morning!

So I’ve read the posts from Heather about marketing, and really looked at my budget – and fully realized what a $$ hit a week of vacation and 3 sick-ish days took on me, and have decided that I need to ramp up my embroidery business… So I am making a commitment to marketing, I have a few ideas, but know I need to leverage the least expensive options first, and facebook is one of those (not my favorite platform) I do have a business facebook page, so my goal is a post/pictures every week… I’m sure I can do this.

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi Sisters, I had an awesome day yesterday, running on the beach with my dogs and then spending time with my students and horses. Lady is coming along sweetly. We are ready to take her down to the beach for the next step in her lessons. Thanks for the kind remarks about the lovely Esmerelda. I am blessed by her presence every day.

I have been doing lots of reading and research on diet, health and hormones, (obsessively!) trying to figure out exactly what to eat, what to supplement with and how to get out of my bad habits and break my addiction to sugar. I am learning so much but still lots more eye opening yet to happen. It is a fascinating journey! My goal is to reduce all inflammation in my body and to balance my hormones to a youthful healthy level. I want Food To Be My Medicine. I am looking forward to retirement day and I hope to grow a lot more of my own food in our garden, fresh and organic (lots of horse manure added!)

Today I have already worked out with weights, now I am heading out the door to walk dogs and feed the furr family, then I will be heading in for a full day at the office. Gotta dash, love ya all and keep your chin up! <3 Wendy
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,970 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    I had a horrible dream last night, if any of you can figure out its meaning, I'm open to it. In the dream I was driving a large coach bus, it was empty when I got off the bus and it continued to drive off, then crashed with a large explosion---riveted awake....What can that mean.......nothing good I think. Anyway, have fun with the analysis, I may just need some serious help.....

NYKaren

It means, you my friend, are in the driver's seat of your own life! When you don't conscientiously realize that, *kitten* happens! The explosion was just a metaphor for things can get out of control! You're welcome! Haahaa!
    Love
    Rebecca

it also can mean you just need to learn how to drive better :0/
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Awe Pip! <3
    Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Felicia: Your DH handled the situation with your son and his friend brilliantly. :flowerforyou:

Heather: What is Seedlip? :huh:

NYKaren: I love Rebecca's reply to you. :bigsmile:

Kim: I didn't realize that your brother has colon cancer. Of course they want to do the baseline test to determine if you are at risk. I hope your come out clear and healthy. :heart: I hope your business posts to facebook get you many orders. :star:

<3<3<3
    Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,991 Member
    Options
    <3Dr.katie, we are here to listen. It's not a downer to share the things that are troubling you. I am fortunate to have a friend to walk with in the mornings and we share our "worries" with each other and it helps. Having to go back to the doctor to have something checked is scary even if you're sure it's OK. I am sending hugs to you and the reminder I give myself to stay in the moment and not write any stories with a bad ending.

<3 Barbie