WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2018

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Margaret I vote for cooking the spelt in a pressure cooker! I love my Instant Pot for preparing grains, seeds, legumes, & beans. I wish I was more carb tolerant. I adore all kinds of grainy and beany foods.

Karen in Virginia
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Going yo yoga this morning to get the kinks out. Sat too long in hospital but he needed us close whenever he needed something. He is DGS. He came home yesterday afternoon and so far doing really good.
    Lisa- did you get the shingles shot at VA? We also have a clinic at JRB Carswell where we can get injections but I don’t know if the have the new vaccine.
    SueBDew in TX
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    B)>:)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,709 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gif
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Sue & Janetr Sending healthy belly thoughts to your loved ones.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Rebecca ~ So cute. I have never seen a real owl.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    Terry spelt is an ancient wheat grain that originate 8000 years ago. It is a whole grain that is non processed.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hello!

Record heat this week and we are moving! Gah....

Cheri
    with 4 more sleeps in the rental house!!!!
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Maybe your granddaughter could go to a place like Michael's or maybe Hobby Lobby and buy some rolled canvas; regular canvas would be a 'light yellowish color'; the treated canvas would be white; but, I would think she'd need to hand-wash the treated; just to make sure it wasn't put into the washer by accident. I'm not sure what it might do to the inside of a washer or to other clothes if added. Although it is water soluble - treated with Gesso. But, the effect would be pretty close. Especially if it washed out the solution that it is treated with. I'd wash it because the canvas is cotton and she would not want it to shrink after she made it. She also might consider ironing it before hanging it out to dry in the sun. She could probably bleach the regular canvas; but, I would think it would be mottled if she did. She'd have to feel what they felt like. Just a thought.

Lenora
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,709 Member
    Options
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,809 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Allie – when my father passed, Vince couldn’t understand why I needed to bury his ashes asap, right after I got them. I tried to explain to Vince that I needed closure and if he wasn’t coming with me, then I’d go alone. He did come with me, but he couldn’t understand why I needed to do it so soon, after all, to him “they’re only ashes”. His mother was creamated and if I didn’t have her ashes shipped to his family in MO, we’d STILL have them (she’s only been dead over 10 years). I’m sure by now his family has buried her ashes with his father – which is what she wanted.

Michele in NC

We buried my Dad's ashes right away after we received them, my Brother and a friend had to dig the grave because they had just stopped digging for the Winter. My Brother told the cemetery folks, My sister has to travel back to Alberta and I'm not making her come back in a few months to do it. They allowed it since the friend that helped him was the caretaker of another cemetery in the area. I agree that it helped with the closure.
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Well ladies it has been awhile since I have posted. Time is just flying by or something. I have read update and we are a busy group and growing.
    I have really been trying to do better and when I read about what some of you are dealing with I feel ---
    I ended with pneumonia last month and still have the cough. When was at the doctor we talked about changing my depression meds as I was just not having any engery or care about much. Also I asked about stopping the tramadol as been ready nasty stuff about that kind of med and I had been on it over 5 years. I want to tell you the week I went off that and changed my depression meds I thought I was going to die and really hoping I would. I don't care what they tell you that is nasty stuff. So feeling better and hope that I am on the right track this time.

Allie--I just love the patio and looks like the place to relax and have friends over to enjoy. The more I read about what you are going through with your dad's place and the reverse mortage company makes me want to stay away from that deal. They make it sound so good.
    Jantr--You should be so proud of your ODD and all that she has done.
    Katla- We sort of have the same plans when we pass. First one is in charge of the ashes until the other one goes. Then ashes to be mixed together and DOS is in charge of getting us to the ocean. We are working on our wills and trying to get things done so less problems for them. With a mixed of his and hers it needs to be spelled out.
    Heather--When my Aunt passed her daughter sent everyone in her address book a copy of the obit from the newspaper and I though that was a nice way to make sure all her friends knew.
    Karen- Thanks for saying you missed me, just what I needed to hear.
    Lisa--congrates on the big grant. The new place you are looking at does seem like a dream come true. Hope it works out for both of you.
    Meg--This weather is crazy. We were in Omaha this past Sunday for our grand daughter that graduated from Millard on Saturday. We rode the motorcycle down and by the time we got there (150 miles) I knew it was not the best idea. It was 106 degrees. We did stop and get drinks and even some ice cream and used lots of sun screen. Riding home was better as was cooling off, down to 88. Keeping you and DH in our prayers.
    Machka--Been reading about your DH and sounds like he is moving forward slowly. Keeping both of you in our prayers. The doctors say my friend that had the 2 strokes right after Christmas has gotten about as good as she is going to get. So they are looking at assisted living apartments for her. When I am talking to her all the sudden she is just goes blank and says she can't remember. I admit it is better then at first, but I find it so depressing. Not sure how much she remembers but for first day she has known me and called me by name. My DH every time is someone different. I just keep telling myself there are so many things about the mind no one know and in the end God is in control.
    Gone on long enough. Thanks for being here and being my friends. Blessings, Vicki GI, NE

Welcome back. Sorry to hear you have been struggling. I've been suffering with depression these past few months too, so know what you are going through. Glad you are feeling better.
    Terry
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Rebecca ~ So cute. I have never seen a real owl.

Me neither! The vet place I called said to put a towel over him and pick him up like a dog! Um that's a definite no! He looks good though, but I am trying to get a volunteer to take a look at him. This is out of my comfort realm!
    Rebecca
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,809 Member
    Options
    Katla - I just love your husband's idea. I haven't decided what I want done when I pass yet. My Dad was the first death I have ever dealt with that was cremated instead of just buried. I have found it difficult. In my head I know that "they are not there" when I go to the grave, but it feels like they are. With my Dad I don't get that feeling. Hopefully, I can reach a decision before that time comes and I don't leave it for others to have to decide.

Lisa - I love the painting, what medium do you use?

Kelly - What an awesome family you must have. I always wanted to be in one of those families that could find their humour in times of difficulty.

Ryenday - I loved your dress. My eldest daughter wanted to have a simple dress and was bound and determined not to wear white. She didn't want the big poofy dress. We ended up buying her a prom dress it was white with a silvery overlay. She loved it, and I loved the price. My youngest daughter is getting married next summer and we are going full on traditional. She has found her dress and it was the first one she tried on.rkw9bhhccskb.jpg

Rebecca- That is a cute little pet you have inherited. I personally would be terrified of it though LOL

Today has been a very frustrating day so far. In April I found out an account I hadn't used in a while had been hacked and I was in the hole to the bank for over 4K. I immediately put in a fraud complaint. They contacted me last Friday via email and told me to contact them. I didn't see the email until the weekend and forgot to call yesterday. I also had received notification on Friday that my tax return was going to be deposited that day. It still hadn't shown up in my account this morning so I called the CRA and low and behold they had deposited in my old account that has the fraud investigation. I had provided them with new banking information both on my return and in my online account. I called the bank with the fraud to figure out what is going on and they still haven't got it all cleared and will not allow me access to my tax refund until it is complete. So now I have to wait yet another 3-5 business days to try to get it sorted out. I'm just hoping that they find out what happened and don't try to say it was something I did.

On a positive note, it's another beautiful day and I think I'll get my walk in again tonight before the rain we are supposed to get starts.

Tracey in Edmonton