Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Janetr - Your GS isn't marrying a Allie's Tracey is he??? How small a world is it?

Kim in N. California
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,807 Member
    Options
    JanetR- same day my friend.... they are getting married at local park on the river...and it's a picnic wedding,do she has panera doing sandwiches,my brother and Sister in-law are doing tuna Mac salad and fruit salad and we will buy potato salad...she will also have just pieces of fresh fruit to munch on,have a bunch of lawn games and my wedding present to them is an ice cream truck... brother and sister in law are doing the set up in the morning,my daughter getting ready here.wedding at 2.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Barbie: Congratulations on all your hard work and the satisfaction that comes with a clean house and well-groomed dogs. :flowerforyou:

Allie: I have little experience with coloring my hair, but I think Terry has a good idea with the temporary color. If you like it, you can do it again and if you're not crazy about it you won't be stuck with something that doesn't feel right. :smiley:

Michelle: We expect to have the first person's ashes kept in a safe location and then both sets of ashes to be taken together to scatter in our special place. My aunt and uncle's kids put their dad's ashes in a mausoleum vault for several years. When their mom passed away, they mixed his and her ashes and had them dropped from a small airplane into their favorite river. My Aunt and Uncle both loved that river. :heart:

Lisa: Good wishes for the offer you've made on the house. You have a great attitude. Being at peace with the outcome is wonderful. :flowerforyou:

Becca: Your little owl is a charmer. I love seeing his picture. :bigsmile:

We looked at an RV the other day and are thinking about buying it. We'll see it again tomorrow. It is not even close to a new vehicle but is in great shape and has amazingly low miles for its age. It was very lightly used. Wish us luck and wisdom enough to walk away if we need to, or step up and buy if it is right for us.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Rebecca Such a cute little owlet!

Vicki GI Wonderful to see your post!

Cheri Do you have those cooling bandanas to put around your neck? And a YETI or similar container that will keep your drink cold for hours? That would help. xoxo

Karen in Virginia
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Rye,
    I have taken many a camera/photography class and never had aperture explained so I understood it; until now! I love you ladies! so much knowledge!!! So why aren't you teaching photography????
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    JanetR- same day my friend.... they are getting married at local park on the river...and it's a picnic wedding,do she has panera doing sandwiches,my brother and Sister in-law are doing tuna Mac salad and fruit salad and we will buy potato salad...she will also have just pieces of fresh fruit to munch on,have a bunch of lawn games and my wedding present to them is an ice cream truck... brother and sister in law are doing the set up in the morning,my daughter getting ready here.wedding at 2.

So much fun!!! Ours is at noon in San Antonio TX. A very informal church wedding with the reception in a private room in a restaurant there. I contributed the wedding cake which will be at the restaurant.

Only this is MY grandson lol He'll turn 25 in August.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Janetr - Your GS isn't marrying a Allie's Tracey is he??? How small a world is it?

Kim in N. California

Lol wouldn't that be funny? No he's getting married in San Antonio, he's 24.

Janetr OKC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :star:
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Rye thanks. I have got an iphone 5 at the moment that my daughter gave me when she got a new phone. I don't think it has any of the fancy phone stuff on it. ( I mentioned awhile back that my brand new phone had been stolen along with my purse out of my car. ) But I also have a Sony DSLR 200, but I really don't know how to use it properly. I don't know how to change the F settings on it. It is frustrating because I look at it and think, if only I knew how to use it, I could take the kind of pictures I'd like to take. I am not really a technical person at all but I do have an eye for beauty and I know what I want the picture to look like, just not how to make it turn out that way! Thanks for any help you can give me, <3 Wendy
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    RYE I also never understood aperture settings, great explanation.

The weddings coming up sound great fun, our 53rd anniversary is on June 19th

MACHKA still holding you and DH in my thoughts and of course everyone with problems.

Got on scale this morning and a couple of those pesky water pounds have gone. Doing the 4 week KB workout again, started yesterday a bit sore today but not bad

Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,807 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    didnt sleep well at all, but what can ya do..
    my daughter is 29 and her fiance is 33, they have been together for 11 yrs,Tracy got pregnant at 18, I give him credit for sticking together that long, but he and his family have some serious issues
    I have dyed my hair before this wont be the first time, I have done dark auburn,which back then looked good,, so I don't forsee this being horrible, but will ask about temporary color
    having my cup of tea and then will walk Alfie
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Ugh! Not sure what is up with my sinuses. I started to get stuffy/sore throat while I was painting over the weekend. Now I am feeling full on sinus pressure (sore throat is gone). Mucus is clear (sorry if tmi), but I seem to alternate between nose running and nose completely blocked. It is 97* out, so I am not sure if this all started from opening the windows and having air (pollen) circulating or if it is from closing the house up when it gets too hot and turning the air on... Supposed to rain today, so maybe that will help.
    Rye-I am no photographer and the lingo is one of the things that stumped me about it. Until now. That was brilliant! You really should teach a class!
    Allie- When I read your recent post that had a couple lines about your hair color, then having tea and walking Alfie; I thought it said you were going to ..."asking Alfie." lol Asking Alfie about your hair color! :p Please do so, his opinion is the one that really matters! I like the rose brown color. I bet it will look pretty on you.

fuzzy brain. signing off. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Rye you are so clever to explain aperture that way, with the photos of kitty eyes. My dad gave me his old camera when I was 10 and explained it all to me...if only he had talked about cat’s eyes for that part. I eventually got it, but this would have been an Aha! moment. Brilliant! The best photos I have ever taken were with that now obsolete manual camera. xo
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,358 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Hope the house works out for you both, Lisa. <3

We had to drive through thunderstorms and floods to get there, but the wedding went fine. We were both extremely glad we had the courage to leave before the evening shindig. We were both exhausted. We loved seeing DH's relations and catching up on stuff, but there's a limit to how much you can really talk with a beat box and a saxophonist in an echoey hall. Not a good choice, methinks. The lunch was quite late, as we expected, so we were glad we had eaten our cheese rolls in the car park beforehand. Luckily the proffered fizzy pink stuff they handed round was horrible, so I wasn't remotely tempted. My AF wine was fine with the meal.
    It was all ok. But I was talked out with polite chit chat and didn't get to talk with anyone I really wanted to talk to.
    I'm generally not a fan of white weddings - it all seems like a terrible waste of money, but the bride looked lovely and I was happy for them. The speeches were terrible - no one could use a microphone properly.
    So, we did our duty and came away before the dancing. Phew!
    Ladies, the bride and groom.
    bdrq8t4jbo1z.png

It is the groom's second marriage and he has a daughter, a bridesmaid, by his first wife, a Filipino nurse. This mad (she really is) woman 'kidnapped' their daughter and removed her to the Philippines. He had to mount a rescue posse of him, his mother and his sister to go over there and get her back. The mother is still an absolute pain, but the new couple now have a boy between them to complete the family. The bride was amazing while the groom was struggling with all this (he was physically abused by the mad wife) and has stuck by him and his daughter. So we are happy for them. <3:D
    DH is very fond of his nephew, but we rarely see him. He used to see him every week at football.

Quiet day today. Might have a bath after my run. Tomorrow we are off again to Hove.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Allie ~ I think dying your hair is a great idea and you will look so much younger. I have been dying my hair since college. It used to be light ash brown but now it is lightest ash blonde and I love the way the white blends in with the blonde.

Lisa ~ Fingers crossed for you on getting the house.

Heather ~ Lovely young couple.

Rebecca ~ How much fun you must be having watching the little owlet. Hope he gets his wings soon so you won't be worried.

Rita ~ They were showing a dust cloud on GMA this morning and I think it would be scary. Glad you are going further north.

Michele ~ How do you safely mail a cake so it doesn't fall apart?

This afternoon, I will be going to my son's house to keep the two grands until Mom gets out of school. She is having to take a defibrillator class today as they will be getting a new student in August who has a severe heart condition.

Carol in GA