Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
    Katla have fun rv’ing
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Weirdest sky on first night here. Moon was behind clouds lighting them up.

img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/cy/5fyu1vlkmoyh.jpeg[/img]
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rita. That is brilliant. Oh so smart of Wal-Mart. (Do you like my littly rhyme?)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Wedding days - Mine was nine years ago next month, and I was incredibly stressed--not least because I made my own wedding cake. Was stressed and oblivious to the point that I inadvertently hurt my absolute favorite niece because I didn't show appropriate appreciation of her handmade gift, which was T-shirts for all the bridesmaids and me, with our titles (bride, bridesmaid, etc.) painted across them in big letters.

Please note, I have ZERO memory of this--my niece's mom, my sister, told me much, much later. I've since repaired the relationship with an abject apology, but honestly have quite a bit of sympathy for stressed-out brides and grooms as a result. They know not what the heck is going on around them, or at least I didn't. Every relationship is different of course, but ever since my own, I tiptoe carefully around all those about to get married.

Lisa in AR
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Rita we need that in Texas! Cannot even find free shade in these parking lots.

Karen cute!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Rita those useful parking lot shadings are fantastic! Thanks for sharing them and I too wish we had those in Texas parking lots.

(Texas parking lots were even the morbidly obese, infirm and injured are willing to park at the far edge of the parking lot and walk if it means they can get park the car in a partially shaded spot!) Lol
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »

Barbie
    - going to explore the park is terrific, thank you for the photos. And your comments about how light it's getting.... we have black out curtains but it seems that the light starts seeping in around them at 3:30 or earlier. The bedroom is on the NW corner of the house so they really help at night.

I'm quite a way south from both of you, but I know what you mean about the light in the morning. By 5 am, it is light out. I kind of like it because it wakes me up early and it is a lot easier getting the boys up for school than in December when we don't see the sun until after 8 am. I hate sending my kid out to the bus in the dark.

I remember running around outside as a kid at 10 pm and it just being dusk. I loved that! Crazy PNW -- but not as crazy as the North Pole! <3

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Regarding store-bought and home-made baked goods.

No argument that home-made is better, but I know a lot of schools and organizations don't allow home-made baked goods because of the liability. Having seen other some people's kitchens, I agree with that policy. :astonished:

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    :)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,888 Member
    Options
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Allie - love it! Cute hairstyle too! Did you end up with semi-permanent color?

Lanette
    SW WA State thinking about coloring her hair again....