WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2018

Options

Replies

• ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Allie, when I colored my hair, that was the color I always wanted but never quite managed to get. I think it looks great, and I like the haircut too!

Rye (who honestly has been thinking a lot about trying to add colored streaks to her hair like highlights)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Love it Allie!

Okie
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,807 Member
    Options
    permanent, she said wouldnt look right with temp color,,,
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Allie - love your hair. I once wore my hair in a similar color and style. I've let the color go natural but the style is still similar. Yesterday I was in Walmart shopping and I seriously thought about getting a temporary color - something wild like blue or purple - honestly just to tease Mama (91). I've tried to talk her into doing something wild with hair color just for fun.

--Ginger in Texas
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Allie ~ Love the hair. You need to add some lipstick and cheek color so your face isn't drained out.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,807 Member
    Options
    ahhh on to make up ay?
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    evie1958 wrote: »
    Thank you ladies for your comments regarding the treatment we received at our son's wedding. Haven't talked to him yet about any of it, thinking of sending an email, I'm not good in person, I tend to get emotional and cry. That makes it difficult to remember what I want to say.
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island

Evelyn ... don't send an email. Emails are for conveying information. They are horrible for communicating feelings. No matter how talented you are at writing, emails cannot convey what you need to say personally. Your son needs to LOOK at you and SEE what words can never express.

Beth
  • Bethebestmeforme
    Bethebestmeforme Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Are you doing a June challenge :smiley: would love to join in!
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Cookiesm1 ... Watch for a link later today to the new thread for June.

Allie ... I love the color! It suits you!

Cheri ... I remember when you moved to Texas! Has it been two years already?? Stay cool!

Snowflake ... I cry at everything from Weddings to Folger Coffee Commercials! :D

Beth
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Allie - I love that color, and have attempted to get it more than once, but end up wandering around somewhere in the strawberry blonde range--not a good look for olive-toned skin.

Evelyn - I have to agree - while we're good here about adding emoticons, and kind of come into the process expecting everyone to be positive and uplifting, anything with emotional baggage is best said in person so your voice, your face, your gestures can carry the weight of the emotion. E-mails are so easy to misinterpret, and to overblow the negatives. I know what you mean, though, I cry too when I'm angry or upset, which just ends up ticking me off even further, and crying harder. :neutral: No fun. If you write an e-mail, you're pretty much writing it to make yourself feel better, rather than trying to make a change in someone else's behavior, if that makes sense.

Just stopping in quick while I'm waiting to get started on a teleconference kickoff meeting for an October event. Should be interesting, and I've already sent out all the materials. Half the people won't have looked at them, though, a quarter of them won't be able to look at them 'cause they're on home computers, and the others will love them and have no suggestions--if it goes the way it usually goes. :smiley:

For the new ones, Barbie will post a link later on this evening that will lead you to the June thread. We start clean and fresh each month. You can start by posting your goals for the month of June there, take a breath and dive right in! Look forward to seeing everyone there...

Lisa in Arkansas

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    OK you ready? I dont know if I am, I want honest opinions from all.. so far the people who have seen the hair say it was made for me and it looks fantastic.. because I haven't had my hair colored in so long ,im just sorta still in shock....sorry for the squint not great at selfies lol
    +++++++

I love it.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    B)