WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2018

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    It's crazy that as I lie on the couch on my left side no problems, lie on my back no problem. The moment I turn my head to the right though, the world spins! It takes my breath away! There really isn't any one cure to vertigo, the exercises helped me before, but this time not having any effects.
    Rebecca
    A taco bell stuffed, vertigo'ed slug on
    Whidbey island
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :) I colored my hair once in college and once as an adult to please a worthless boyfriend. I wore make up for awhile to please another worthless boyfriend. Now I do what I want (no make up, natural hair color) and I'm infinitely happier.

:) It has been my experience that telling someone else that they hurt my feelings, never made me feel better and never got them to change their behaviour. Thus, among my happiness commandments are "Don't take things personally' and "Act the way you want to feel". My husband says "My life is none of my business." He says that he has no control over any one else's actions only over his own reactions.

:) I taught the intermediate line dance class this morning. I'm not as skilled at teaching these dances as the regular teacher but I did well enough that we all had fun dancing and filled the two and half hours with good dances.

:) Tonight is opening night for the semi-pro baseball team that plays locally. Jake and I are going with some friends. The temperature will be about 50 degrees so we'll dress with lots of layers and probably stay for only half the game.

:) Be looking for the new thread later (maybe before I go to the game).

<3 Barbie from chilly beautiful NW Washington
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    :)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Hugs ladies. Waiting for fast food from taco bell. I really haven't eaten for the past couple of days, and when husband was going out, he asked me what I wanted. My brain uttered burrito supreme, and a crunch wrap supreme. Sighs, well I will enjoy it all immensely, and tomorrow is shopping day. I will buy healthy choices. I am down to 237.8 this morning so 13 lbs since moving on the island. It's all good!
    My vertigo is hanging on so I'm on my left side most of the day and during the night. My head feels detached from my body, and my neck is really sore. Still taking my cold medicine.
    Take care all!
    Rebecca

I know what a burrito supreme is, but I have never heard of a chrunch wrap supreme.

I hope you feel better soon. Vertigo is so disconcerting. t9404.gif

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather. Your husband is wonderful with the kids.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.36min, 129mhr, 12.6amph. 1.5mi= 69c
    apple watch- 58c
    SKI MACHINE- 30min, glute program, 120ahr, 140mhr, 1.49mi= 221c
    apple watch- 222c
    various machines- 3 machines, 15.37min, 5sets of 10ea, 4 diff exercises, 104ahr, 127mhr= 101c
    apple watch- 91c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.23min, 123mhr, 16.5amph, 1.4mi= 50c
    apple watch- 47c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn sta- 14.21min, 12.7amph, 116ahr, 140mhr, 3mi= 132c
    apple watch- 122c
    jog sta 2 wk- 4.27min, 147mhr, 138ahr, 8.53min mi, .5mi= 54c
    apple watch- 53c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- rain and windy, 4.20min, 148mhr, 126ahr, 9.15min mi, .4mi= 74c
    apple watch- 67c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- windy, 18.31min, 8.5amph, 118ahr, 153mhr, 2.6mi= 180c
    apple watch- 151c

total cal 881
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Evelyn – The Hoya looks like it has a few blooms on it. It does have a nice ‘sweet’ scent to it.
    The only thing I missed at our dear youngest son’s wedding was at the reception when he and Tami danced and then he danced with Mallory – she was standing on his feet; then he lifted her up.

Haven’t been on Nexium in more than a month. While the acid reflux is there, I do feel less ‘foggy brained’. Got to have my colonoscopy redone a week from Monday and then that Friday, they will go in an repair a hiatal hernia and do the LINX procedure and then I won’t have to take Nexium any longer. I had made an appointment with a MD up in the Gainesville, GA area; but, after talking with my surgeon and Louis asking questions we decided that we would cancel it; I like this surgeon that my GYN referred me to and he is the brother of our sons’ and granddaughters; Pediatrician (before he retired a couple of years ago). Sharp shooter and explains things in detail in layman’s terms. This time I will be prepping 2 days before the colonoscopy. The GERD is because I have Barrette’s Esophagus. The LINX procedure will prevent the acid and bile from coming up in my throat; but, I will still be able to ‘belch’ and ‘vomit’ if I need to.

Janetr OKC – I grew up in a small town and when couples had a ‘hurried’ wedding; people started keeping count. My Mother, in all her wisdom would tell her ‘bridge group’ when they started in on talking about someone having a baby that is full term, not a preemie that ‘people who live in glass houses should NOT throw stones’. Her best friend was one of the worst; and,s sure enough, that glass house got broken. I came home from school and had this overwhelming feeling that I needed to go to my friend’s house (before going home) and found her ‘crying in the kitchen’ and telling me that she and her boyfriend were going to ‘run off and get married’. I told her that they needed to ‘fess up and tell her parents’. They did and she had a small home wedding and the parties and showers that most brides have. I think she and her Mother were happy that I told them ‘not to run off and say they had been married since graduation’. My oldest granddaughter came about 6 months + later than the wedding her step-grandmother gave her parents. She even surprised her by inviting the step-daddy that was very involved in her life (before her own mother died) and she came to live with her Daddy and step-mom.

Michelle – If those little red ants are fire ants – there are way too many in an ant hill to ever get rid of them totally, they did way down. You’d have to kill one of the queens to do that, then one of the princesses would be queen and they’d move about 10 feet over. We use dry ant poison and they take it back inside and that usually gets to them; until it rains so hard that it is flooding, then they work like crazy to build an ant hill up to get the tunnels dug out again. I’ve seen where someone poured molten liquid down inside one and then dug it out. Look like a turned upside down Christmas tree. I would like to get some type of liquid that I could pour into one and see how it turns out (then spray paint it).

Carol – When Margaret and Steve were newly married, he was stationed in Jacksonville, FL for basic and she stayed home and went to Tift. Then she went down there to live and when he got out they moved to Athens and both went to GA. He did so on the GI Bill and I am sure that Daddy paid her way. Daddy, with all 3 of us, told our ‘husbands-to-be’ that he’d give them the same amount a big wedding would cost and put a ladder up against our windows. But, none of them took him up on that – because he was so proud of ‘his girls’.

I told Will that he needed to ask ‘for Tami’s hand’ from her Daddy (to get his approval). He balked at it; but, he did it. I think that his father-in-law thinks of him as a son and not just a son-in-law. Tami was surprised by it. He gave her the ring while they were on a hunting trip; but, then he took it back so that Mallory would be ‘in on the secret’ and ‘they surprised Tami’ with it. I don’t know that story just that it happened.

It’s almost ‘impossible’ to plan a wedding from a distance. As the grooms’ mother the only thing we had to do (or was expected) was to give the rehearsal dinner. They chose the venue and we paid for everybody’s meals. Her parents invited the older sister, her husband, and 2 children and they paid for them. Several hundred dollars; but, it was worth it.

Rita – That’s a good idea; however, down here … they wouldn’t last long. People like to drive through parking lots as if they are the only people there. The Publix Parking lot and the Target parking lot which are next door to one another; but, in no way connected … are the worst planned parking lots I have ever seen.

About the only thing II remember that wasn’t pleasant about my wedding day and being the ‘baby’ of the family was that my Daddy was sneaking out to the car to drink his Vodka. I finally told him that ‘if’ he did NOT stop that I would get my uncle to ‘give me away’ and he could sit in the balcony of the church. He knew that I meant it, too. So he gave it up. But, he cried like a baby when we walked through the swinging doors.

Rye – My husband is having to get used to parking in the disable spot. I have a handicapped sticker because of my seizures which I no longer have any ‘aura’ before them. I’d rather have my seizure 20’ from the door than to be out in the shade where nobody would walk near me. Even though my ‘driving restriction’ if legally over; neither Louis nor Trey will let me drive. I think they have decided that they don’t want me to drive myself anymore.

Snowflake – Having a miscarriage is very hard on the Mama; but, I never realized how hard it is on the Daddy until my son and his wife lost an IVF baby just after they announced it to us. We don’t talk about ‘babies’ or ‘house-hunting’ with them – because we don’t know what they are up to.

Yep, the best thing for a step-mom to do is be polite and stand down. I think I am happy that I only had boys. Don’t think I would be up to planning and putting on a wedding. In my day, the Home Ec teacher was the go-to person to make sure that everyone does what they are supposed to do at the right time. That took some pressure off my Mother, I think.

Janetr OKC – I love all of our granddaughters; but, my first one is my heart. I try not to show it when around the others and hand out hugs and kisses in equal amounts when they are with me. I try to engage each of them in conversations. My step-granddaughter is the only one who will let me brush her long, thick hair. The other 3 are too tender-headed. Since DnL#2 is a cosmetologist, she has made sure that Mallory isn’t tender-headed. It was so much fun to brush her hair. Putting it up, braiding it, and then combing it out again.

Rebecca – When I had vertigo, they sent me to an ENT MD and he sent me to PT. Worked well; but, then it occasionally ‘jumps’ back on me. Neurologist said that when he gets me off the Dilantin and on to a higher dosage of Lamictal he will send me to PT.

Lenora
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    B)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3<3
  • csofled
    Options
    OK you ready? I dont know if I am, I want honest opinions from all.. so far the people who have seen the hair say it was made for me and it looks fantastic.. because I haven't had my hair colored in so long ,im just sorta still in shock....sorry for the squint not great at selfies lol

Just adorable!!!!!
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I like it Allie. My hair went nearly that colour the first time I bleached it. I called myself Michelle then. Two weeks later I bleached it again and I was strawberry blonde, called myself Suzette. Then a third bleach and I went blonde. Now I am gradually letting my brown hair grow back. It's fun to play with colours! <3 Wendy
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,807 Member
    Options
    Well I forgot to call my dear friends this afternoon..I love them..well they are taking a grand canyon trip and selling there house here in Connecticut and permanently moving to Florida...I am devastated for me..will miss them so so much.But they are in there early 70s and probably don't want to have to take care of 2 homes any more
    Waiting for June .. and.thanking our dear Barbie ahead of time.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :) We came home early from the baseball game. Our team was losing and it was really cold. I just posted the new thread for June. Be sure to bookmark it so you can find it again.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10671209/women-ages-50-for-june-2018/p1?new=1
  • csofled
    edited June 2018
    Options
    :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    Hugs ladies. Waiting for fast food from taco bell. I really haven't eaten for the past couple of days, and when husband was going out, he asked me what I wanted. My brain uttered burrito supreme, and a crunch wrap supreme. Sighs, well I will enjoy it all immensely, and tomorrow is shopping day. I will buy healthy choices. I am down to 237.8 this morning so 13 lbs since moving on the island. It's all good!
    My vertigo is hanging on so I'm on my left side most of the day and during the night. My head feels detached from my body, and my neck is really sore. Still taking my cold medicine.
    Take care all!
    Rebecca

That is huge 13 pounds, it hasn't been that long since you moved! Congratulations
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Allie: Great color and it's a fun, youthful cut. Please practice taking more selfies so we we can see you smiling and all made up :heart:

Katla: Are you excited about the new RV? I think it sounds like fun! And, you can bring your dog, which is a great bonus.

Cheri
    : Best of luck with the move. If you get super hot, just look at Barbie's photo of the snow and imagine rolling around it it :wink:

May 2018 goals and report card:
    > meditate everyday. (I use app Insight Timer which tracks my progress) A
    > intermittent fast daily. (no eating between 6 pm and 10 am) B+
    > add 30 minutes of evening movement 5x per week C+ started strong, but slacked off
    > 15 minutes of decluttering 5x per week B I'm only doing the 'easiest' projects. I'm coming face to face with the BIG job of photo decluttering soon.
    > be lighter C Ending the month up 2.2 pounds, but have more definition in arms and thighs...go figure.
    Word for 2018 = Release

Hot, hot, hot here. I've been hitting the pool for deep water exercises or vigorous laps almost every morning and I just love it. Before retiring, I could only swim on weekends, so now I'm really getting into it. Having a MP3 player that works underwater has been a game changer (thanks, Rye).

All this talk about hair has me thinking..... ummm.....

Stay well friends. See you in June. B)

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

I did photo decluttering a few years ago. What a task it was. I sorted all of my pictures into years, then put them all in photo boxes out of albums. I ended up with 12 boxes. Once i had the years sorted (after questioning myself several times on some pictures) I then went through and took any duplicates out and put them in a separate box. Old antique pictures, wallets and 5X7's also have their own boxes. The wallet school pictures I put by families. It took me a good month working a little bit each evening but it was so worth it. I threw out so many landscape and parade pictures. I also threw out pictures of people that I didn't know who they were. Good Luck, you'll thank yourself later for the headache now.

• TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

How is everyone? Saturday here in OZ - Cold crisp morning. I am just hanging in at the moment. Not going to provide excuses - at the moment it is what it is and I just need to get through this month

Catch you all later

Trish from OZ