WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2018

Options

Replies

• megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. This weekend was a scorcher...we broke two heat records and tied two and of course this is when my air conditioner had to go out. UGH. it got fixed at 0745 this morning! I had zero sleep last night. But now it's purring along again.

Vicki, my kids graduated from Millard South.

I am going to be more accountable to you all and get in here more often! Take care, meg who is no longer sweating in Omaha
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Rebecca- regarding your little owlet; a wildlife expert will advise you to do just as you are doing. Leave him be. Owls don't build good nests and lots of times their babies fall out (or get pushed out by siblings). The mama will feed it and care for it wherever it is. Eventually your little guy will use his talons and do a half climb/half flap his way up to a tree limb and out of reach of predators. His mama will continue to care for him while he perches in his own little tree. It is good that you can hear his mama hooting back to his little cries. Is your yard fenced? KJ

We have side fences and gates in front, so he can't wander out to the front street. The back yard has a forest to a walking path. My backyard is tiered so he would have to climb up the crude stone path to get to the forest. He's hunkered down in a corner bush.
    Rebecca
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Back from the wedding. Knackered. Will write tomorrow.

Nice to see you Vicki.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,096 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    [bRebecca [/b]if the parent is there I would leave the owl be. Baby birds do have a transition time where they are out of the nest but not flying yet. It is brief so it limits their exposure to predators. The parent watches and tries to protect them best they can in this period. Those robin parents sure were angry when I approached their young on the ground.Just as you observed the parents will also still feed their young in this period. Sounds like having a protected yard is a good thing.

After reading Kelly's post. Is their a board you could put on the fence so the baby could climb up and out of your yard when it is ready?
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,722 Member
    Options
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Seeing my lil owl balancing on a board climbing, will be a sight to see!
    Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Well Ladies I haven't colored my hair in like 4 yrs..think I'm going for it with Tracys approval..her wedding is in 2 weeks and don't want to upset the apple cart.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Allie - Great idea! What color? You could do red white and blue - I have a friend that did stripes last week, fun!
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Allie, I recommend a temporary color job. That way if you don’t like it it isn’t permanent. When I colored my hair years ago, I always did temporary. It’s also better for your hair. I hope if you do it you’ll post pictures.
    Terry
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    Did a Solid Gold DVD today. The jury is still out about this DVD. I just don’t know if it’s for me. The plan for tomorrow is to do the deep water class.

Katla – I love your idea of your ashes. It would just bother me if one of my parents died early on and it was years before the other died. I’d have to hold onto the first person’s ashes for a long time. I’m just the kind of person who needs closure. I’d probably want to have each person’s ashes shot out when they passed. But that’s just me. Your plan doesn’t sound weird to me at all.

Exercised, put a load of laundry in (even if it is raining), need to go to CVS to pick up a prescription for Vince and mail a cake to Denise for her birthday. She is very materialistic and likes things from a store. I put a note in saying that the cake isn’t perfect since I’m still getting used to my new leveler (which is true) but it was made with love and that’s something you can’t buy in a store. Will it make an impression? Who knows?

Lisa – do you paint (I’m sure I’ll misspell this – hope you can figure out what I mean) trump l’oil? Your take on death made me smile.

G – welcome! It never ceases to amaze me how fast the water aerobics class goes. Of course, part of that is the fact that I don’t wear my glasses in the pool and so I can’t see the clock….lol

Prayers for janetr’s megan and suebdew’s gs

Tracey – how horrible that you now owe so much money!

Katla – that’s great that woman is looking for another place. I wouldn’t mention it, but what about the hurricanes? See, we are so far inland that the last time we had a hurricane was hurricane Hugo, so that tells you how long ago it was.

Allie – what color?????? Don’t leave us in suspense

Went to mahjongg this afternoon. It’s nice to go occasionally.

Michele in NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I'm a natural mousy brunette but I have flecks of grey,sort of saltand pepper...I am looking at Rose Brown...you can Google it.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    allie - Rose Brown is pretty!

Kim in N. California
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Allie - Great idea! What color? You could do red white and blue - I have a friend that did stripes last week, fun!

Allie, what day is the wedding. My grandson is getting married June 16th. :)

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,722 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.18min, 131mhr, 13amph. 1.5mi= 66c
    apple watch- 61c
    LATERAL MACHINE- 30min, fat burn program, 107ahr, 134mhr, 3.74mi= 193c
    apple watch- 195c
    Floor exercises- 11.51min, 3sts of 10ea, 7diff exer. 100ahr, 128mhr, 67c
    apple watch- 72c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 4.53min, 122mhr, 18.2amph, 1.4mi= 42c