WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2018

Options

Replies

• DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    CSSJ09 wrote: »
    Dear All,
    I am back. I was so glad to see posts from people I recognize. I wish that I had never gotten out of the habit of participating every day. I would be in a much better place. This time for good. I decided to just read the latest in this thread rather than trying to catch up on the many months I was away. I was reluctant to share as there was nothing good in my life. It seemed like I would be a big burden on everyone else. My husband died. My little granddaughter's cancer returned with a vengeance after only a brief respite. The next generation, has been alternatively in and out of hospital and disappearing for months on end. In all, a grand mess. So I will read what you fine ladies write every day and draw sustenance from that.
    CJ

This is precisely why you should be here, daily. This is a wonderfully supportive group and I've read some lovely uplifting things. Don't worry about being a burden. Here, that is impossible.
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Morning. Well I dropped off my baby at the airport :'( Her eyes welled up but I held it together until I reached the parking lot. Feeling blessed that’s she is embracing this semester abroad in So Africa. Her world is opening up and that is a good thing.

NYKAREN

Oh how wonderful! She will grow and learn so much!
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    💗💖💟💗💖
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,178 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Morning. Well I dropped off my baby at the airport :'( Her eyes welled up but I held it together until I reached the parking lot. Feeling blessed that’s she is embracing this semester abroad in So Africa. Her world is opening up and that is a good thing.

NYKAREN

I know that on the one hand it is hard to let go (this from the perspective of someone who lives on the other side of the world from her family), but on the other hand, I'm glad to hear she's doing this. I think all young people, if at all possible, should spend an extended time (at least a few months) in another country or countries.

Until you're 30, you can get working holiday visas in many countries quite easily. After 30, however, it becomes much more difficult to spend more than a short holiday somewhere.

And these days, with the global economy, it is a very good idea to have experience in how other countries do things - business practices, customs, etc.. That's a valuable skill for future employment.

M in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Just about to get up and start my day. Catching the 8.36 to London.
    I really want to see my friend so I will just have to put up with the heat. I will take a bottle of water with me for the underground.
    Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette and Heather: I gave two numbers for Vitamin D3 without realizing it. I take 5,000 IU daily. My doctor is happy and my blood work is fine. This is liquid in a capsule. I realize that everyone is different. I have a summer birthday and have been told that those of us with summer birthdays have more trouble with winter depression. It was true for me until I started taking the D3. Depression caused by short days and lowlight levels hasn't come knocking on my door in a few years. :bigsmile:

Katla
  • Machka9
    edited July 2018
    Options
    "Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka: The lyrics below are the ones my mom taught me. I hope you enjoy them.

Today is Sunday,
    Today is Sunday,
    Sunday church,
    Saturday pay day,
    Friday fish,
    Thursday roast beef,
    Wednesday soup,
    Tuesday string beans,
    Monday wash day,
    All you hungry children,
    We wish the same to you.

Have a good evening.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

That was pretty much it!

On the up-side ... we all remained slender growing up, and I don't need much variety in my meals.

On the down-side ... if I ever touch steak again, it will be too soon. Steak was our Sunday meal and I loathe steak. Just about the minute I turned 18, I never had another steak again. And in fact, I don't eat much in the way of meat in general.

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    slept like a rock and have the dishwasher filled again..going to hop in the shower and get ready for work.. not going in until 11,but will go walk dogs and feed DFIL, and pay the dreaded tax bills..
  • Machka9
    Options
    Monday -- Just a bit of a spin to start the work week. Plus a PR on a sprint.

Distance: 12.50 km
    Elevation: 65 m
    Moving Time: 30:22
    Elapsed Time 30:22

......................... Avg ............. Max
    Speed.............. 24.7km/h ....... 46.4km/h
    Heart Rate ...... 124bpm ......... 172bpm
    Cadence ......... 82 ................. 148
    Power ............ 82W .............. 234W
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)Katla, I got a Facebook account a few years ago because my friend in California would suggest that I ask Jake to show me to pictures of her dogs that she had posted on Facebook. It made me feel like a child asking my dad for help so I got my own account. As with all Facebook, it snowballed into too many political statements and sad requests to find homes for abandoned animals. Before I closed my account, I e mailed my friend who posted the dog pictures and told her that I wouldn't be on Facebook and would appreciate her texting me an occasional cute picture of her dogs. She has done that.

:)Gamliela, welcome. I hope you will keep coming back. Walking is one of my favorite things to do. I have a pedometer and a walking app on my phone and I love keeping track of my steps.

:* Jake has a doctor's appointment this morning to find out about some odd blood test results. He is nervous. I'm glad I got up early so I can have a really long walk and still get home early enough to be ready to go to the doctor with him.

<3 Barbie
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Barbie ~ I am wondering if perhaps you did not have your privacy settings activated on Facebook. I seldom get any of the type of posts that you mentioned.