Replies

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Heather, I'm so sorry for your DH's loss, and yours. :'(
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Rye - I love it! I too don't make plans for my hubs to catch up with "his" friends. I will mention to him that he might want to set something up if we are going to be in their area, and then it is up to him. I do make 99% of our travel plans, but then again, I only work a couple of days a week so I don't feel it is a hardship on me at all.

Okie
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,096 Member
    Options
    Heather sorry for your DH loss. It is a shock.
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi Sisters, it's rainy, cold and gray here-midwinter. I've been keeping the fire going and making hearty warming meals for myself and hubby. So good to be retired and able to stay at home to do these things.

My roundpen fencing is completed. Now I am going to use it as my gymnasium for the next few months. I will be wheelbarrowing heavy loads of topsoil out of the roundpen and over to my veggie garden. Then I will spread some fine sandy soil (called shellrock here) as the base so the horses will have a dry surface where they won't slip as I train them.
    99zkuezigbnb.jpg

I am heading into town today for the first time in five days, to pick up a prescription and run some errands. I have finally managed to get my doctor to prescribe natural progesterone cream for me. It was a battle! He was totally ignorant for why I actually might need it and then said that it wasn't "on the list" of things he could prescribe. Luckily, I had a bit of knowledge and I told him that my friend's doctor had prescribed it for her and even though it wasn't "on the list" it could be compounded by a pharmacist in town. I told him who my friend's doctor was and he said, "Oh, she's an American Doctor, that explains why" I had to laugh. Obviously he thinks American women are different to New Zealand ones, or something. Anyway, I just thought to myself, maybe he will be more willing to help other women now that he has learned something new about hormones...

Heather, sorry to hear about your husband's friend passing. We went to a funeral this week for our neighbour who died of bowel cancer that spread. He only found out he had it 8 weeks ago. He was 32 years old and left a wife, a 2 year old and new baby behind. Bowel cancer is particularly hard to treat. Much better to avoid getting it. I recommend studying books like "How Not To Die" by Dr. Michael Gregor. I sure as heck don't want to get bowel cancer. <3 Wendy
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,812 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Barbie ~ I am wondering if perhaps you did not have your privacy settings activated on Facebook. I seldom get any of the type of posts that you mentioned.

Carol, I was thinking the same thing. I have the settings adjusted so I don't see posts I don't want to see. I have so many friends and relatives scattered across the country I would miss not seeing their photos, hearing about their new babies and their graduates, etc. It would be different if the only reason I had Facebook was to see an occasional photo from one friend. It wouldn't be worth it.

Karen in Virginia

I am with you two, I have very strict privacy settings on my facebook account. My career has been in management and I would be very uncomfortable having staff find me on there. I come from a large extended family and live far away now, so this is how I keep connected and caught up in everyone's lives. I too get tired of the political and posts I don't agree with but I just hide the original poster from my newsfeed. I even have some friends that share too much hidden from my newsfeed.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Yesterday missed all goals except walking Tumble and AF. Trying not to let perfect derail the good. Joe reported Tumble ate 1/3 of his cheeseburger, but refused dinner again so I'll watch her closely today and if she seems droopy will rush her off to the vet.

My friend who has suffered long and hard may now be a ventilator. Does anyone ever survive being ventilated? Getting facts long distance from him and his friend, both struggling with mental issues, is problematic. Left my number with the charge nurse, but thanks to HIPA she/they can't tell me anything. Florida is such a long way from Oregon.

CJ (((hugs))). Sharing our burdens helps. Glad you're back.
    Heather tiny bites and baby steps. yeah!
    KJ ditto, if we had the $$ would way rather pay someone to clean than grocery shop. No brainer. Double ditto horrified at thought of Joe doing the weekly grocery shopping, no produce and lots of canned corned beef hash and Donettes ;)
    NYKaren lovely daughter, wow 20? Thought she might be a high school exchange student :) What will she be studying abroad?
    Rebecca (snort) thank you for the key to math word problems :)
    Donna from Oak Park, better a week late than never!
    Kylia well done for passing the baton, and for raising next generation willing to step up.
    Lenora we'll miss you. Please return after taking all the time you need.
    Kim, lovely cake, great steel wool vs squirrel tip!
    Wendy and Tracey love the compassion over math. Alas afraid you got my compassion and I got your math, kinda. Geometry yes, makes sense to me. Algebra I have to relearn every time I need to use it. Pfaugh.
    Barbie hoping Jake's follow up appt shows the odd blood test results are nothing serious. "MFP is so much more interesting and meaningful" thanks to YOU and the gals in this thread. Grateful to you all.
    Carol and Karen in Va ditto about the FB privacy settings.
    Lisa thanks so much for the details about unfollowing but keeping friends. I've always just ignored my newsfeed, using email alerts to check in on those I really wanted to. But I've been missing so much! Just enjoyed a few minutes newsfeed and now its time to stand UP, get DOWN on the floor and START my day.

Welcome AliceNov, let us know what you'd like to be called and generally where you are to help us keep you straight.

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 7/8, meditate 5/8, walk one more step 4/8, knee exercises 5/8, walk Tumble 5/8 times, SWSY 0/2, hang up or purge art 0/1

Do you ever really use algebra? I think I have needed to use it once since I was out of school LOL

Tracey in Edmonton
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Heather -my condolences to your hubby ,so sad...this is why I try and live my life to the fullest daily...
    Still at work ,will be home soon.
  • Snowflake1968
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Wheat and corn small street taco size tortillas, turkey, pepper jack cheese, tomatoes for lunch today! Yum!
    Gym was nice today, one of the managers there, asked how I was. She had asked my husband where I was during my vertigo time. Its sweet to be missed! I feel validated when people have paid attention to my bumblings around this world. Is that wrong? I used to leave notes to no one, when I lived by myself. In case someone missed me, they would know where to look! I would return, and throw away the note. Silly huh?!
    Everyone have a nice day all!
    Rebecca

I don't think that is silly at all, I think it's brilliant! I have a friend who lives alone, she enjoys camping and day kayaking trips alone. With technology being what it is now, she drops a pin of her location to me and we set a time for me to hear from her. If I don't hear from her, I'm to contact the local police department to start a search. To be totally honest, sometimes I forget about her and she forgets about me, but it's never more than a few hours more than it should be :)

When I was a young person with a brand new drivers licence, my Grandfather panicked every time I left the driveway. There were three ways that took you to the neighbouring town where all the boys were. I had to tell him which road I was taking and call when I arrived at my destination. That way they would know which road to take in the event of an accident or breakdown. One time I did break down and only had to sit in my vehicle for a couple hours when Grampie pulled up to rescue me. Fond memories.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Heather - condolences to your husband
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    well I am home and more paperwork from lawyers for my dads estate,.... ugh
    going to bed.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    Lll
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.12min, 137mhr, 13.3amph. 1.5mi= 72c
    apple watch- didn't turn on, oops
    MANUAL TREADMILL- jog 14.04min, 130ahr, 145mhr, 14.03min mi, 1mi= 144c
    apple watch- 153c
    ELIPTICAL- 22min, 146mhr, 134ahr, 5-5, incl-resist, 2.36mi= 210c
    apple watch- 239c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.21min, 129mhr, 16.6amph, 1.4mi= 51c
    apple watch- 43c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn sta- 13.37min, 13.4amph, 123ahr, 148mhr, 3mi= 127c
    apple watch- 117c
    jog sta 2 wk- 4.58min, 152mhr, 131ahr, 9.39min mi, .5mi= 56c
    apple watch- 51c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- 4.04min, 129ahr, 156mhr, 8.54min mi, .4mi= 64c
    apple watch- 52c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.43min, 8.3amph, 152mhr, 128ahr, 2.5mi= 194c
    apple watch- 152c

total cal 918
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options

Tracey in Edmonton, that makes me feel better👍!
    Love
    Rebecca