WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2018

Options

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    drcrn101 - What do we call you? I'm sorry to hear of the cancer and the problems it is causing you with your eating. I'm afraid I won't be any help. I eat anything I want, as long as it fits in my calories. That said, I rarely eat bread, potatoes or rice. I eat a ton of salads and steamed veggies. Yogurt is my best friend. I make a lot of egg white scrambles with tons of veggies when I'm home alone. I tend to be rather boring and choose the same foods over and over. Heck, I eat a big salad with turkey every day for lunch, well every weekday, normally the hubs wants to eat out on the weekends so we eat lunch out and I eat my turkey salad for dinner. At least I have him trained now to eat a salad for dinner when we eat out for lunch.

Okie
  • okiewoman510
    Options
    Rita - I couldn't stick with no sweets forever. Well, I guess I could if I had to, but I wouldn't by choice.

Okie
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Tracey ~ Lovely pics of your daughter and fiance.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,369 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I've been drafting some ideas for the short speech/recitation I'm going to give at my brother's wedding vow renewal this Saturday. My son is aiming to be there with Max and Edie. I scribbled some stuff out. Then I made some notes on my phone when I was on the train yesterday and today I've refined ideas on my tablet.
    Am I nervous? Yes I am. :o But I'm always nervous and it always goes well in the end. I will have to ask him whereabouts in the service I am speaking. I'm going to use that deck of cards meme someone posted the other day. Even though it's in a Baptist Church I hope people will laugh.
    My main theme is the warmth and strength of their marriage, "always starting afresh" and then, "friendship". Hence my favourite poem I will read, US TWO by AA Milne. I read it at my son's wedding and they have it framed on their kitchen wall. <3
    I will practice and practice, but I will have notes in a filing card in my hand, just in case and the words of the poem printed out large enough for me to read without glasses.

Tomorrow a boiler man is coming for a service because the purchasers wanted an up to date certificate. I hope he doesn't find anything expensive! Also the last day of my current cleaner, who said all the nice things about us. <3 Going to give her a precious pot of our recently made blackcurrant jam, all prettied up, and a card.
    The new cleaner rang today and sounds nice. First day next week. Always takes a while to "break in" a new cleaner. :laugh:

Welcome to all the new July ladies. :flowerforyou: Stick with us - we are founts of wisdom! ;):*:o:D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi Sisters,

Happy Birthday Kirby-you two are the happiest, best-matched couple!

It is grey again today but if it doesn't rain (too much) I've got a plan... Yesterday I hooked Daisy Duke (my van) up to the float (horse trailer) and took Lady (my rescue Arabian who had a terrible floating experience before I got her) for her first ride in my float. I loaded good old Mani first, leader of the herd. She was reassured by his presence and was very easy for me to load. I gave her grain and carrots in the float to make it her Happy Place. I took them for a drive to the end of the road and back (ten minutes) then unloaded her at home. She was good and loaded straight up when I asked her to get back on. So now I feel sure (well, as sure as I can be) that if I take her down to the beach I should be able to get her back on the float and home again. The good thing is that the beach is close enough that if things turn to custard I would be able to ride Mani and lead her back home in under two hours. Part of the road is dangerous though as I'd have to go on the main highway for about 20 mins. So anyway, I left the van and float hooked up and all I have to do is load Mani and Lady and GO, so I'm hoping for a successful beach ride today. It will be Lady's first time at the beach and crossing streams and bridges-always exciting and challenging!

That said, I better get a move on and do the morning chores, so I can leave in time for low tide. I find that having horses and a large garden and dogs are the best ways for me to get my exercise in. It is all part of my daily life so I don't even think of it as exercise. I never count what I eat because it would be impossible for me to figure out how many calories I need to burn off. I need lots because I use lots. I let my hunger tell me what I need. I am high carb! A vegan (99%) and I choose healthy food like raw pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts( from our two trees), fruit, salads, brocolli, celery, radish, parsley and greens from the garden, rice and beans, wholegrain toast, veggie pizza (that's what we had for dinner last night) and lots of mushroom gravy over roast veggies because that's what I like!

My focus is on eating for optimum health and longevity and keeping my body as strong and vital as I can. Everybody does things differently and I have tried many different things. Right now, this is working great for me.
    <3 Wendy
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,431 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    Lll
  • okiewoman510
    Options
    Kim - Hugs!! I have very few local friends. I work from home and the first 3+ years we lived here I had a Dog that required a lot of care so I didn’t get out much. I can’t imagine the parents not sending spending money.

Katla - you made me remember my cousin trying to teach me to drink coffee when we were kids. She filled the coffee cup the same way. I hated it. I still don’t like coffee or milk.

Okie
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.25min, 128mhr, 12.9amph. 1.5mi= 67c
    apple watch- 58c
    HELIX Machine- 48min, 110ahr, 140mhr, 52arpm,lvl6, 5.02mi= 303c
    apple watch- 277c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 4.53min, 128mhr, 18.1amph, 1.4mi= 48c
    apple watch- 45c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn sta- 13.08min, 13.9amph, 123ahr, 151mhr, 3mi= 120c
    apple watch- 124c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5.20min, 145mhr, 133ahr, 10.06min mi, .5mi= 57c
    apple watch- 52c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- 4.20min, 146mhr, 119ahr, 9.28min mi, .4mi= 52c
    apple watch- 51c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.07min, 8.5amph, 122ahr, 144mhr, 2.5mi= 165c
    apple watch- 144c

Toal cal 812
  • pipcd34
    Options
    thanks for all the happy bday to kirby, I'll let him know, so he can feel the luv