WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2018

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies~
    I slept well and got up dressed and got the dog out.. had a real bad stomach last night, so just going to keep it low today with ginger ale and saltines... my brother and I are going bonkers with all this paperwork for my dads estate, the reverse mortgage people are trying there damndest to pi$$ us off and drag us to court... we are trying to get the house cleaned out and on the market ,but we are tapped out financially to pay for the apprasier , which we will have to do..
    ughhhh oh well..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,369 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Thank you for all your good wishes. <3<3<3 It means a lot.
    I have been letting DH talk about his friend. He was 17 when they met at Oxford University and they were pretty much inseparable. DH was an adopted child, so this friendship was very important to him. Probably his first significant relationship. They bought a car together in 1965 for £16 and the insurance was £17. :D Lots of fun and scrapes, including driving it into a ditch (drunk) and having the policemen helping them haul it out. Those were the days. :noway:
    He's going to write all the memories down and send it to the widow.
    I have read some of his books about the Middle East and the Dead Sea Scrolls. Just the other day I was eyeing them on the shelves and thinking I would read them again. He was, I may say, a very attractive man. :o

This morning I didn't get out for my run until 6.50. In order not to go on too long I decided to do fartleks (random interval training) for half an hour. Pretty knackering! Then I did my normal exercises after breakfast, but I wimped out on the push ups.

The Hove estate agents rang to say that everything is proceeding well. All paperwork has been filled in by the vendors, so it just has to go via the solicitors. We are popping in on the morning of the 19th to measure alcoves, ceiling heights etc. DH spent yesterday measuring all our furniture. :D<3 Considering we are spending a million dollars on a twenty minute viewing it would be nice to see it again. :noway: The agent wanted to know if we were having a survey, but we think not. We don't need a mortgage. The vendor has had roof extension, rear extension, new windows, boiler etc. He is a chartered surveyor by profession. I haven't seen a survey yet that tells me anything I can't see for myself. A lot of the searches are a waste of money too. It is a well off, suburban area - not too many weird surprises I think. No one is going to run a motorway through it.

So all systems go still. Here's hoping for the best. Haven't heard a thing from the purchaser's side, so we are assuming it's all ok.

I will carry on sorting out writing manuscripts etc today. France/Belgium match tonight. England/Croatia tomorrow. :o;)

I expect you have all heard of our Brexit kerfuffles. I am beyond caring. :#:#:#:#:#:#:#:#:/

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    HEATHER sorry for DH loss, it's awful to lose a good friend

Wonderful news from Thailand, hopefully they will all be out today

I only have family and a few friends on FB, like to keep up with brothers and cousins and their families as some I don't see very often.

Agree about having a laughter button for Rebecca's posts, you make me smile every day :D

Was going to take a look at DIETLAND, we'll have to confer when we've seen a few episodes

Kate UK <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    I must have the smallest set of friends on Facebook ever. Just a few of DH's family and my elder son. My DDIL has her professional one on my feed. I rarely post anything at all, but I like to know what a couple of people are up to. I love my son's links to his Utube videos (Airsoft Action ) I get to see him often! He always says he is posting the link for his Airsoft followers and his lovely mum. :D<3
    I don't even have the app on my tablet - I get to it via the Instant Pot Community Group.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    m1235.gif
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Ali Ooooohh! that makes me mad that the reverse mortgage company is being difficult. They all make it sound as if it's such an easy, friendly, no stress option for people. Apparently not for the family left behind.

Karen in Virginia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    Right you are ladies the only ones who should ever take out a reverse mortgage are people with no heirs. .like my friend Ruth and Ray... ughhh it's just a nightmare.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to Kirby!

Heather ~ Sorry for the loss of your hubby's friend. Sounds like the house movement is going great.

Alison ~ I think CJ gave you some good advise. There are a lot of advertisements on our tv stations for folks who will buy your house for cash. I imagine you would not get anywhere near what it is worth.

Spent half an hour cleaning the tub/shower in my DH's bathroom. I think he would never clean it if I hadn't and would not even notice that it needed cleaning. :'(

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIRBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:

Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,813 Member
    Options
    :)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Halelujah! Tumble is back to eating dog food, with a little chicken on top. Whew.

Now to get me back on track with protein, knee exercises and steps. Only thing I've done right the past week is AF. {sigh}

Lanette, YES I remember those dances... the Mashed Potato too! We can do ANYTHING for 30 seconds. Yay!
    Rebecca yes it is sweet to be missed. Might be one of the strongest draws to social connections for me, that feeling of belonging, being part of, would be missed, etc. "Smile" BIG smile ;) "under me clothes" and "cotton tail" even BIGGER smiles. Where is that ROTFLMAO-thanks-to-Rebecca button?
    Rye let him pout and stand your ground. It will be good for him to dig out his social responsibility skills.
    Heather and Wendy, condolences on your losses. I hate that #@%&amp; cancer. ". . .think about making the most of the time you have" Wise words, Heather.
    Tracey, yes I've had to use algebra, or thought I did, to calculate an unknown quantity X from known quantities Y and Z. Can't remember the specifics any more than I can remember how to solve quadratic equations... ;)
    Kim we need pics/video of your pooch too!
    CJ LOVE those Tshirts, tho' I confess I'd be as bad at theoretical physics as at Medieval English. Had to google semiotics. Ain't communication grand?
    Thank you Machka. Afraid my friend's other factors are not hopeful.
    Evelyn, lost my bff at 55, not so young as your dear friend, but still way to soon.
    Kylia "...was killed 8 years ago" How awful. So sorry for your loss.
    Lisa let me know if you find my cheese, would you? Since I slept away that cold last week I haven't been able to make myself fulfill my daily intentions. Frittering away my moments instead of wringing them out (thanks Evelyn).
    pip Happy Birthday Kirby! He's a lucky lucky guy to have you. OMG those hospital pics. Aaauggh! Thanks for the beautiful couple pics to cleanse the memory palate.

Welcome Denise! Let us know your general location to help us keep you straight from any other Denises?

FB posting where you are :noway: believe those protective husbands are right. I don't trust privacy settings to keep the baddies from using location info.

Enjoy the day, revel in every moment!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 7/9, meditate 5/9, walk one more step 4/9, knee exercises 5/9, walk Tumble 6/9 times, SWSY 0/2, hang up or purge art 0/1
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Carol This is probably a wasted suggestion, but is there any chance your hubby would be willing to use CleanShower or similar product after showering? It takes about 10 seconds to use and would save you a lot of work.
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Hooray - I've managed to buy and download 12 strict tempo ballroom dances onto my phone and tablet. Rhumba, Cha Cha, Tango, Quickstep, Waltz, Foxtrot and Jive. Now we've got to practice. Might wait until the heatwave has passed. :o;)
    DH writing his letter to the widow. :'( Typing very fast.

I'm resurrecting the duck legs I cooked and froze after the freezer meltdown. Having a stir fry with cabbage, carrots, scallions, garlic and ginger root. :D Rice for DH.

I've ordered yet another of the sleeveless, built in bra, tops from Amazon I've been wearing non stop in this heat wave. I originally ordered a black one, thinking it would not be any good. Liked it so much I ordered a royal blue one, which I'm wearing now. So I've ordered a hot pink one. That will put a stop to the heatwave. :laugh: My new, hot weather, uniform. :D
    It's only this year that I've allowed my arms out in public. What a relief!
    I'm a 38B bra size and order an XL. (Asian sizing) :noway:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)