WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2018

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did Tony Horton’s 10 Minute Trainer DVD. There were about 5 sections so in total it was about an hour. Tomorrow we have a Newcomer general meeting, so the plan is to do a DVD on the bosu at home.

Ordered new water shoes. They should be delivered in a few days. If they don’t come in time for when I go to the next class, I’ll just use the ones I have. I think over time the elastic on the top gets stretched out, especially from the chlorine.

Happy Birthday Kirby!!! You’re one real lucky dog! Those hospital pics just give me a sick stomach.

Drcrn – welcome. I’m TRYING to avoid carbs, but my problem is that I love my vegeps and especially my fruit that I almost always go over.

Meg – so sorry for your friends

Vicki – when you said the ceramics place had more to choose from, do you mean different bisq or more colors of paints? Glad you had fun painting. To me, it’s somewhat relaxing. Somewhat? The problem comes in when I paint something and expect a different shade of the color and don’t get it. It’s also frustrating when you’re looking for a certain piece of bisq and can’t find it.

Exercised then went to Target to get some Tone It Up protein powder. This is the only powder that I’ve found that doesn’t contain any type of sweetener – artificial or otherwise. I usually add some cinnamon to it. Then went in the pool. Vince went to the dentist this a.m. He has shooting with the Newcomers tonight. I’ll probably stay home and work on putting the jewels on my latest ceramic “creation”

Okie – sorry to hear of your mom’s friend.

Put the rhinestones on my ceramic firefly. I’ll post a picture when the glue dries. Killed 4 more wasps. Boy, it seems they multiply overnight....lol

Michele in NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :*
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Okie: We all have different tastes. I love coffee, but not black tea. I love the herbal teas, though, especially peppermint. :smiley:

Barbie: You are a good friend to take your neighbor to the hospital to get her gall bladder out. I had mine out years ago because I was having severe attacks of pain at night or if I ate anything fatty. You were able to help her get though with that and feel better by taking her to the hospital. :flowerforyou:

(((Machka)))

Dr.Katie: I am generally lower on carbs and higher on fat and protein. Today is 62% protein, 11% carbs, & 26% fat. Yesterday was 39% carbs, 35% protein & 26% fat. Every day is different. I choose foods that make me feel good and they tend to be higher in protein and fat. I wouldn't recommend this to everyone, but some of us thrive this way. It really works well for me. :flowerforyou: I second what Margaret had to say about the value of turmeric. (((HUGS)))

I had a good day today. My cousin came by and we had a nice meal together, and I went to a city meeting this evening. I'm almost ready to settle down for bed, but not quite yet. It is currently 11:55 PM.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Now I want grits!

Okie
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    I went to the Mr Rogers movie.. outstanding..... he was a true pioneer of feelings of children, like adults, children have feelings too and he knew just how to talk with them..our grandchildren would have learned alot from him, this generation of kids is off the chain.. I try and live my life being kind to both children and adults I am empathetic to both, I try not to judge a book by its cover..and you never know what someone is going through..
    found out from Tom this morning a friend of mine passed away.. she found out she had stomach cancer that had spread and she lasted maybe 2 months.. Tom is good friends with her husband, and I am glad Tom has been there as a sounding board and friend to Bob..
    I have the test tomorrow for dental xray exam.. I have studied ,but it is all bobbled in my head, all I can do is the best I can and hope for the best ... and between this , and lawyer stuff for my dads I am going a bit bonkers...
    Kim~I have been blessed with some dear friends and being single has let me feel the freedom. I cant afford any vacations either.. still trying to figure out my budget now that I own the condo... between insurance and mortgage and condo fees that is it, I lie low... but do set aside enough to do something fun once in awhile...
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,340 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Dr. Katiebug adding ginger, cinnamon, turmeric/pepper are good spices to add to your diet if you are trying to reduce inflammation naturally. Reducing sugar and refined grains also helps as does adding more fiber through fruits, veggies, and whole grains. That is the diet I am trying to follow. I have protein but try to make it grass fed for beef and cage free for chicken. Fish as long as is is not a bottom feeder. For dairy organic and grass fed. Cows are meant to eat grass when they eat grain and are fed antibiotics it sets up inflammation in them when we eat them we it adds to our inflammation. I stick to a single portion of protein. For fat I use avocado and coconut oil in moderation. I do allow myself some maple syrup and honey. I also still drink some Kombucha and non sugared yogurt for probiotics It is easier to follow this diet right now because the farmer market provides many of the veggies and some of the fruits I eat.

I started this diet at the end of May and have lost fifteen pounds. What I notice is my gum disease which is a sign of inflammation is clearing up. I also heal faster when I get a scrape.

What I notice is yes sometimes I miss some of the foods I used to eat, but what I notice is that after I eat now is I feel better and not sluggish like I used to. I know the foods I eat nourish. They are what I need to become healthy.

If your condition is due to inflammation making changes in your diet could make a tremendous difference. I think it is worth a try.

Staying up too late need to get to bed.

:heart: Margaret

Margaret
    - I was going to respond to Katiebug in a similar fashion. That's pretty much Mosley's guidance his 8 Week Blood Sugar Diet book.

Some folks do well cutting carbs way back, but I am not one of them either. I like this more moderate approach. Where did you get the plan you are following?

I am so glad you are having such good results - not only on the scale, but in general better health! <3

Lanette
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    <3B)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies, off to the gym and must face mowing the lawn before the heat becomes too intolerable. NYKAREN
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    DZ4VP6YVMAI_pea.jpg