• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    :)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Goofing around on FB instead of meditating and exercising knees. Saw post "Zucchini Bun Sliders are the low-carb snack of your DREAMS :astonished: . Sounds more like a nightmare to me... :sick:
    Rebecca hope this one brings you a grin:
    https://www.facebook.com/daily.jokes247/photos/a.288767841323787.1073741827.288762687990969/535220343345201/?type=3
    Just love this one:
    https://www.facebook.com/MorningCoach22/photos/a.139325856357.110855.97485361357/10154264007441358/?type=3

Meg (((hugs))) to your best friend.
    Rita good luck with NO SWEETS AT ALL, :noway:
    Okie those St. Louis highways are narrow, the drivers go real fast and the exit you want is always from the left when you're in the right lane. Good luck!
    Barbie you are so active it must have been very hard to sit and wait all day. Hoping your friend's biopsy comes out clear.
    Wendy love the pics, Lady is one lucky horse.
    Machka love the exahausting=most relaxing meme.

Welcome drcrn! Can you tolerate dairy? soy?

Back on track yesterday... and it feels soooo good!

Enjoy the day, revel in every moment!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 8/10, meditate 6/10, walk one more step 5/10, knee exercises 6/10, walk Tumble 7/8 times, SWSY 0/2, hang up or purge art 0/1
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Did another HUGE purge of typescripts this afternoon. Oooffff! It was really exhausting - paper is so very heavy! Plus I got brain ache trying to ensure I had one copy of each novel, story or play and wasn't throwing away the only, or revised, version.
    Nice big box in the recycling. :D
    Still got masses more to purge, but that's two huge boxes fewer to take to the new house.
    Don’t want to lose important stuff, but don't want endless duplications.

I also did a bit of work on my speech for Saturday and read the poem aloud a couple of times. :D

DH had his hair cut and bought green grocery items.

Still waiting for the boiler man.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    KATLA sorry I didn't say your president was disgusting, I was commenting on the plan to display a blimp above London ridiculing him. Disrespectful to the office of president rather than the man, not really sure what I think of him.

Kat UK <3
  • clowe1028
    clowe1028 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am attaching a picture of a Dutch Baby pancake that I made yesterday for breakfasts this week. I have it with fresh blueberries. The recipe is included in the recently released cookbook pictured.

uvyufa9vzdb5.jpeg
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!
    Hugs
    Rebecca
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Cathy Arlington TX- so nice to see you posting again! You have made fantastic progress! Great advice on the keto way of eating. I have to check that book out.

<3

Mary from Minnesota \ Arizona
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Sorry y'all, I lost the thread. Sheesh! But I did manage one of my goals, for the first time in 67 years (that I know of, it might have happened when I was a babe and I just didn't know about it! lol). My birthday was 7-5, last Thursday. We went out for dinner on Saturday to celebrate, with a delish dinner at Longhorn Steak House. AND I LOST WEIGHT! All I wanted to was not GAIN weight, but I actually lost .5 pound the next day. Right now, I'm down by 6 pounds since last Thursday. lol NOT good. I don't have that much to lose to be dropping that quickly, so now going to start eating a few of my exercise calories, try to get my energy lvl's back.

Ok, I have to try to keep up with the chat MUCH better than I have been managing, summer is just such a busy time for me, SOOO much yard work down here in FL, I swear, you can actually SEE the grass grow!

@clowe1028 omg, that looks GOOD! I've never even heard of that before, Dutch Baby pancake!
    @ Katla49 any extra movement is a good thing, so walking your dog to the groomers is good for BOTH of you. You GO girl!
    @fanncy0626 great news on your daughter!
    @pipcd34 glad you don't have to worry about your job, but sorry your work load has increased!

B) Poison, aka Char, from Florida

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Katie Yes. What Cathy Arlington TX said.

For most of us, 50-60g of protein a day is plenty. And you don't have to restrict carbs to 20g to benefit from low carb.

It comes down to high fat, adequate protein, and low-ish carb - very beneficial for insulin resistant people.

Other people do well on a high carb diet, or something inbetween. CICO is most important to weight loss.

Karen in Virginia
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    I should have added if you are not used to a lot of fiber in your diet to add it slowly it can be hard to digest if you try to add to much too soon.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Thank you Margaret and Cathy and everyone else eating lower carb for sharing your stories. I used to think that to be successful with it, a person needs to do Atkins, but good to know that even cutting out added sugar and simple starches helps immensely.

My doc visit yesterday went well - fasting blood sugar was high when I took it first thing in the morning - 10 hr since last meal - but had blood drawn at 16 hours of no food so it had better be under 100, lol. She is testing the A1C to see if my sugar and cookie binges have really zapped me.

A good thing - I asked her if losing 5 lbs of belly fat would help the situation, since I'm at the top of the BMI for my height. She said since I do strength training and have been building muscle, the BMI isn't that accurate in my case. And it's good I'm building muscle because that's what burns glucose.

When I was out doing my Strong Women Stay Young this morning, I thought about that a lot and marveled that 20 minutes three times a week has had such a good impact on my health.

Mary - glad your daughter is getting better...whew!

Kate, appreciate your good thoughts about the US and your respect for the position of President. No matter who is in office, there will always be protestors. Seems our parents generation, and our own to some extent, remember what was at stake during WWII.

I found out the hard way to keep my opinions of whoever is in office to close friends. :s History has been good at making me look foolish for the past few decades, lol. I now say there's always something going on behind the scenes when the bigwigs get together and I believe in prayer! How's that for bending the rule of about discussing politics and religion all in one paragraph? B)

Wendy - love those horse pictures and wish I could be on the beach with you, my favorite place to be in the winter. Also you have the perfect eating plan for you - isn't that great? I always enjoy hearing what you are eating. Glad you got the doc to order progesterone cream, I've read Lee's book and was actually using progesterone (Emerita) during the final years before menopause. Did it help? Not sure, possibly, but my symptoms could have been much worse so I think it did.

Rebecca - I liked hearing about your walk in Oak Harbor, such a neat town! Getting to know everyone. Hopefully your DH will relax when you are out enjoying yourself and making friends. And $6!! Do you ever hear anything about your neighbor back in Oregon? I think it was Prudence? Didn't she end up in assisted living? Stretching my brain here, lol.

Barbie - you were such an angel to take your friend to the hospital like that. o:) You are on the move so much during the day, I'll bet you did get antsy! Hope she's OK.

Lisa - love your blog this morning, so informative!!! Hopefully not closing on a house for a long, long time but I'm saving this information just in case. Did anyone ever tell you that you should be a writer? LOL <3

Heather - good job with the continuing cleanout! Hope the boiler man makes it soon. Sorry to hear about your DH's friend, what a nice gesture to write a letter to his wife. Hugs all around.

OK better close now and get something done.

Lanette
    Sunny SW WA State where the temperature is climbing...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    I'm not watching the football. I'm happy for those that follow these things to enjoy it, but I have very little interest.
    DH has gone upstairs to watch it. Don’t think next door are having a party this time, they seem to have gone out to some other house to watch.
    It would take far too long to explain what I feel about identifying with a bunch of footballers. Or what I feel about the idea of "nationhood". Let's just say I am an outrider on all this. Nor do I want to go into how I feel about the RAF flypast. Again. I am an outrider. There are so many things I don't support that most people take for granted. Of course, there are many things I do support, mainly ideas and ideals. It's quite tiring being me. :laugh: :D:o I have to question everything and make sure there is a good, rational argument to support it. Very tiring. :bigsmile: But I am fervent about the values I believe in.

I think England have scored! Next door seem to be there after all! :laugh:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Kate UK- I, personally, am not offended by the balloon. I figure, other countries are going to call it like they see it. And I LOVE that about other countries. A different perspective is a good thing. For everybody. And every overinflated ego. that's all I will say (politically)! <3 KJ