WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,745 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    Get Your Affairs in Order Thank you Machka for that vital reminder.

Along that vein, one of the benefits at my job recently gone full time is discounted access to a legal group. We are paying for that this year, and will get our wills done (we do currently have notarized wills we wrote up with the help of a will book, but have always been aware it would be good to have a professional take a look and file it with the state for us).

We do not plan to continue this legal benefit (as it costs almost $100 yearly). So if anyone can think of any other legal paperwork that a couple about a decade away from retirement age might be well advised to think about having a legal professional vetted for us - I’d be mighty interested!

My advice, for what it is worth: passwords are so vital to so many things - get some sort of solution in place NOW! We have been working towards getting all of my MiL’s passwords - as she needs more and more help with everything - and find out weekly we forgot to get one MORE password from her as we take on things for her. Every time we can’t imagine there are more, as Machka noted, we find another group we need. And my MiL is alive, mentally all here, and kicking - just getting a bit creaky. I can not urge everyone more vehemently that it is vital to have a place ( even if it is a locked list in a safety deposit box) where your nearest and dearest can get to the passwords when necessary.

I mentioned once before, but it seems pertinent here, another thing we do is have a daily family text chain. Everyone (but especially my MiL and BiL who each live alone) texts a daily message pre 11:00 a.m. Chit chat and photo sharing is encouraged, texts about kids and pets are always a favourite, and politics and religion are off limits. This has grown from our emergency message system only, into a private family message board full of love, sharing, and bonding. Now if I could influence the pre 6:00 am risers to wait an hour or two before the text flurry starts it would be perfect! Lol

Ok, gonna try to go back to sleep if my current aches and pains (boring stories there) and hot flashes let me.

Rye

I love this, right now I ensure my loved ones are alive and well by checking to social media to see when they have last logged in or posted. This seems much better.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Machka))) You're carrying a heavy load and have been for a long while. I hope things ease in your world and you can get a little downtime and rest. :flowerforyou:

Tammy: Congratulations on winning a weekly delivery of produce! That isn't an option here as far as I know, but your comment has motivated me to go out to Sauvie Island and visit a farm store. We've done that for years and haven't been out there yet this season. :flowerforyou:

Lisa: You're smart to have a list of passwords that aren't online. We started to write a will and didn't get it done. We need to finish the job. :embarassed:

Rita: The park where you are staying in Utah looks gorgeous! We have been though Utah many times, but not in that area. We were always in transit for to DD's house in Colorado. Wish her luck on getting that house sold at a fair price. She now lives in Illinois and has a good job there. If my wishes came true, she'd be back in Colorado or even closer to us here. :ohwell: "You can't always get what you wa-ant . . ."

I am going to yoga & need to leave in jsut a few minutes. Tomorrow DH has an eye appointment in Portland & I will be the driver so yoga class will be impossible. I love it for both health and social reasons. Tonight there is a free concert in the park near us, and I plan to attend.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »

JanetR your soccer comment goes twice for me and cricket.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_6d3JBBo4s

Thank you for the laugh! Though I need to add, GOLF. My dad and brothers play and one brother is a golf pro. *snore*

Deb in Sili Valley
  • strongwendysue14
    strongwendysue14 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Goal for July is 5 pounds.
    1.6 to go!
    Off to Planet Fitness as it's quite warm outside.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,119 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Options
    Pip: Speaking of your yearly MS ride, don't forget to send us the information so that we can donate. Since DH has MS it is a cause very dear to us and we want to support your efforts. You and Kirby are amazing people. :heart:
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Hugs ladies!
    Nothing going on today! Feeling achy and tired. Skipped gym with husband. Some days I'm mentally and physically just OFF.
    Be well every one💗.
    Love, Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Options
    :star:
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Ah, Allie, I'm sorry... I hope you'll get a chance to re-take.

Crazy day here... been "off" all day myself, Rebecca.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in Arkansas
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Allie So sorry about failing the tests. (((hugs)))