WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2018

Options

Replies

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    REBECCA thoughtful gift from son and his wife. I've never used a rive cooker, don't do much rice DH not fond of it.

HEATHER you'll be fine, enjoy the wedding and you'll look great

I'm another whose been on a bit of a downer this week, can't stick to healthy eating, craving carbs, viscious circle I suppose. Need Pip's boot

Welcome newbies

Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies
    I am.up and staggering.I slept ok,but up a few times to the bathroom.woke up at 5 and will be at work at 7:15.i am hoping to catch a little nap before wedding..
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :(
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    Saturday -- chilly but nice winter's day.

My husband and I walked about 900 metres to a local grocery store and back plus a bit. Then we wandered around our yard.

And then I rode the trainer for an hour ...

Distance: 23.60km
    Elevation: 203m
    Moving Time: 1:03:44
    Elapsed Time: 1:04:05

..................... Avg ................ Max
    Speed ............. 22.2km/h ........ 54.0km/h
    Heart Rate ...... 130bpm .......... 150bpm
    Cadence ......... 79 ................. 123
    Power ............ 89W .............. 201W

We need to set up trainer for my husband.
    Problem: cannot put Bike Friday on trainer, but need step-thru of some sort.

I had hoped that I could adjust our JetBlack trainer so that the small wheels of the Bike Friday would fit. There is some adjustment, but not enough.
    So now ... I either need to find a more adjustable trainer or locate a step-thru of some sort that will fit Rowan.
    Or find a decent stationary bike, I suppose, but he'd like to use Zwift with me.

Machka in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Rori I hope your project is completed soon. We are getting new carpet for our basement. I decided to paint it so it has been torn up for over a month. The carpet is ordered now so the end is in sight.Fortunately it is not in our main living area.

Allie have fun at the wedding.

Lenora
    good to see you post.

:heart:
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Allie Sending energy.

I'm off to work this morning, too.

Charity event tonight to benefit Children's Hospital.

Not much else planned.

Will be rooting for Heather, who will be brilliant!

Karen in Virginia
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    :)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Greetings from Ohio!
    Will be short as I need to get ready for work, but wanted to pop in. I agree with the being off this month. My DH keeps asking if I am okay.....I really am okay, just off. I did manage to get over 7 hours of sleep for the past 2 nights! Sure beats the 5 I had been getting ;)
    We have been working on the model a wiring since Wednesday after work. Massage was wonderful on Monday. Painted wine glasses with ladies group on Tuesday. I will have to post pic when get on computer. App won't let me :( Tonight I get to spend time with both my daughters at a Norwex party. Oldest will be spending night with me. No car shows this weekend as the shelby is at the beauty shop. At 11 years old, she needed some extra TLC. Have to drive yo Detroit on Monday for my husband's eye appointment. It is about a 3.5 hour drive one way. We go every 8 months.

Knee exercises? Tips? My right one still bothering me badly. Arthritis and an old injury.

Ladies.....you all continue to inspire me with your strengths, ideas, commitment, and love. Remember you are each special and important!

Prayers to those in need!
    Congrats to all the successes!

<3
    Kylia in it is going to be another hot one in Ohio
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    B)
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Heather - Good luck! You’ve got this!

KJ - Can’t wait to see photos! Enjoy every minute you can with the kids!

Machka - Can any of your cycling friends loan you what you need? Continued hugs and prayers.

I think I’ll go to the local farmers market this morning. It will get me out of the house. Hopefully my landscape guys show up this morning to finish. They left a big pile of dirt/mulch in the street and another on the side of our shop.

Happy Saturday!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :)Heather, You'll be great and you'll survive the nervousness. Have fun at the event.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    :)
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    <3