WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2018

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and 53 years old. I lost about 29 lbs last year, but gained most of it back. I just restarted again about 3 weeks ago. I started out the first 1-2 weeks with the scale going down steadily then all the sudden it went back up 2 lbs and has been fluctuating up and down a pound or two at the same weight for about a week now. It has to be the monthly hormonal thing. I'm eating low calorie 1500 for my height, age, weight and physical activity. Low carb under 70 grams generally under 40-50 and drinking 80+ ounces or more of water a day. walking 30 minutes 4-5 days a week. Just so frustrating and discouraging, but I'm hanging in.

Welcome and good luck! That happens to all of us. I suggest changing up your routine. Maybe add exercise in the evening, strength training is fantastic, intermittent fasting really works for me, I also love a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in 4 ounces of water in the morning and evening meal time.

<3

Mary from Minnesota \ Arizona
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Ppp
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    Heather good luck with your speech.

Kayla
    when my knee gave me trouble I did exercises in the pool and it really helped. I also make sure I am wearing shoes that give my feet good support. The exercisers I do work to build up the muscles around the knee like leg lifts, knee bends, I also went on line and got some good exercise tips from U Tube.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    LISA gorgeous quilt

PIP thanks for the boot LOL

Kate UK <3
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD., Haahaa! Yes small aliens, that is it!!!
    Love,
    Rebecca
    Aka MALP
    (Mobile alien landing platform)
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Rebecca ~ I like your short hair. Looks so easy!
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Rebecca ~ I like your short hair. Looks so easy!

I have a round brush dryer thingy, and I dried the bangs part, then put it behind my ears, so it dries like that. If I didn't corral it a bit, it would dry all curly here and there! I did buy some hair gel, and the next time I wash it, I am going to let it lose, and see how it dries!
    Rebecca
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Lisa - great job on the quilt!! Love the colors and design!

Rebecca - adore your haircut. Looks great and easy to care for!

Beth
    - thank you for the reminder about protein, I get concerned a little because MFP has me coming in at 70 gm and I try to keep it lower. When a person is low carbing, that's hard to do.

So I wonder if upping the water intake helps to keep the kidneys flushed from the effects of that protein and will minimize stress on them. Does anyone here know? Just curious. TIA <3

Lanette
    Sunny SW WA State where it got down to 49 this morning and will be zooming up to 90 by the end of the day.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Beth ~ So sorry to hear about your son's fight against kidney failure. I hope he is doing better and will be out soon.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

spin class- 60min, 130ahr, 161mhr, 80ar, 108aw, 15mi= 577c
    Apple Watch- 619c
    walk/jog outside- 17.22min, 4.5amph 148mhr, 1.3mi= 118c
    Apple Watch- 105c

total cal 695
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    Beth thank you.I like to call the diet I am on a high fiber diet anti inflammatory diet. I do not eat an excessive amounts of protein or fat. The fats I do eat I try for nuts, avocado, coconut oil to cook with, whole fat organic dairy. I am trying to eat at least five veggies and fruits a day that are in the color of the rainbow Red, orange, yellow, green, blue/purple. Another book I am reading said even it you slip try to aim for the 5 a day with plenty of water because it will help with the overindulging and make it easier to get back on track.

I am sorry about your son. My DH now only has one kidney so often times we split the protein portion of our meal. It is plenty for both of us and creates a check for DH.

:heart: Margaret
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Been crazy busy but need to thank everyone who made suggestions for the legal docs my husband I need to attend to! You all helped so much!! I appreciate the help and ideas!!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Did Michelle Dozois Anywhere Anytime Workout DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Rodney Yee’s AM and PM yoga DVD

Hallmark had their Christmas ornament debut today and Vince wanted to go, so I did a different DVD which was less time so I could go. Then I went to the farmer’s market. There was this guy who had Burpee Hybrid cantaloupes which I love so I bought two. We’ve been invited to a friend’s house for dinner Thurs before we go to see “Nunsense” so I’ll take some. If you’ve never had this type before, it is SOOO sweet, I will never go back to Athena again. Now home and I need to pick up the donations for the soup kitchen at the church tonight. Which reminds me, I should get our donations ready to take

Kimberly – welcome!

Heather – I know you’ll do amazing with your speech

Michele in NC