WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2018

Options

Replies

• ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Rita Iguana, right? I love them. They ARE smart and friendly.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lisa: Your quilt is beautiful! :heart:

Rebecca: Your new haircut suits you. WTG!!! :bigsmile: I love the photo of the deer from your window. Perhaps that will help you feel grounded. I remember how much you enjoyed watching the elk when you lived on the north Oregon Coast. :smiley:

CSSJ09: You seem to e a woman on a mission. Good for you! We cleaned out our storage unit a few weeks ago to make room for the RV. It was an amazing experience. We had glass panels that we wanted to donate, but no one would take them. I'm afraid that they'll just have to go to the recycling center. Reuse is best, recycle ins next best, in my opinion. :star:

Barbara: My glasses are also progressive hidden bifocals. I guess I didn't mention that before. I love them. I'm beginning to notice a reduction of stress in my left eye, now that it isn't being pushed to see too clearly. I may keep this lens in. I need more time to decide. I still have the original and can switch them if I choose. I've been advised to give this one a few weeks before I make up my mind. :bigsmile:

Heather: I am not surprised that your speech went well. You are a thoughtful and articulate woman. I would have been a bit nervous, too. Congratulations! Thanks for sharing the photos. :bigsmile:

Mary: I'll keep your daughter in my prayers. :heart:

Michele: My daughter also lives with her MIL. It is particularly bad for her DH who doesn't feel respected in that household. She made that choice because she wanted to be a stay at home mom but she eventually went back to work. She is hoping to move soon. She is currently the breadwinner and that is unlikely to change. She has a job that is fulfilling, and her DH will work at home and be the childcare provider if everything works out as she hopes. Wish them luck. :star:

Pip: Your helmet is vital. I'm glad you replaced the old one. Love the colors of both. :star: What is the date of the MS ride on Whidbey Island? I want to keep track of it. It would be wonderful if we could see it in person, and reservations at an RV Park would be essential. :star:

Yesterday was busy and DH is cooked our dinner while I worked on power washing the deck. I managed to ride, and get some chores done at home. We also had a lovely phone chat with our son.

The chores at home are on the big side. Yesterday I power washed the outdoor rug that we use with the RV. It looks great. And I started power washing our deck. There is plenty more to do today, and a much smaller upper deck as well.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Allie - GO for it! You're so good with your DFIL, and know how to do such wonderful things for and with the elderly. Most importantly, you CARE.

Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    I agree Allie you are a natural, compassionate and caring and respectful, you would be a wonderful with that population. Go for it!

NYKAREN
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    68547cwg98wmzcn.gif
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,533 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Lisa: Your quilt is beautiful! :heart:

Rebecca: Your new haircut suits you. WTG!!! :bigsmile: I love the photo of the deer from your window. Perhaps that will help you feel grounded. I remember how much you enjoyed watching the elk when you lived on the north Oregon Coast. :smiley:

CSSJ09: You seem to e a woman on a mission. Good for you! We cleaned out our storage unit a few weeks ago to make room for the RV. It was an amazing experience. We had glass panels that we wanted to donate, but no one would take them. I'm afraid that they'll just have to go to the recycling center. Reuse is best, recycle ins next best, in my opinion. :star:

Barbara: My glasses are also progressive hidden bifocals. I guess I didn't mention that before. I love them. I'm beginning to notice a reduction of stress in my left eye, now that it isn't being pushed to see too clearly. I may keep this lens in. I need more time to decide. I still have the original and can switch them if I choose. I've been advised to give this one a few weeks before I make up my mind. :bigsmile:

Heather: I am not surprised that your speech went well. You are a thoughtful and articulate woman. I would have been a bit nervous, too. Congratulations! Thanks for sharing the photos. :bigsmile:

Mary: I'll keep your daughter in my prayers. :heart:

Michele: My daughter also lives with her MIL. It is particularly bad for her DH who doesn't feel respected in that household. She made that choice because she wanted to be a stay at home mom but she eventually went back to work. She is hoping to move soon. She is currently the breadwinner and that is unlikely to change. She has a job that is fulfilling, and her DH will work at home and be the childcare provider if everything works out as she hopes. Wish them luck. :star:

Pip: Your helmet is vital. I'm glad you replaced the old one. Love the colors of both. :star: What is the date of the MS ride on Whidbey Island? I want to keep track of it. It would be wonderful if we could see it in person, and reservations at an RV Park would be essential. :star:

Yesterday was busy and DH is cooked our dinner while I worked on power washing the deck. I managed to ride, and get some chores done at home. We also had a lovely phone chat with our son.

The chores at home are on the big side. Yesterday I power washed the outdoor rug that we use with the RV. It looks great. And I started power washing our deck. There is plenty more to do today, and a much smaller upper deck as well.

It’s September 8th and 9th. Starts at the Skagit fairgrounds and goes around whidby island. Here’s an older video
    http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/WASBikeEvents?pg=entry&fr_id=29859

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Allie ... perfect position for you!

Mary ... continued prayers for your daughter ...

Heather ... love the expressions on the kids' faces!

Beautiful day here. Continuing to prepare food for the week. Will be picking up my OS for the afternoon.

Margaret .... we've talked about proper nutrition for mental and physical well-being ... I saw my OS earlier today at church. It was the first time in a few years that he was able to maintain posture (he's in a wheelchair), had a bright look (not wary) on his face and was engaged in thoughtful conversation with several people who stopped by to speak with him. What changed in a week's time? Hydration and diet. We have not yet put him back on his BP meds (doctors took him off because they were known to aggravate kidney function ... but his BP is normal! I have had to write out every meal for his aides and made them log how much he is drinking, etc ... but the point is good food and hydration are more important than we realize.

Feeling positive today.
    Beth near Buffalo

Beth you remind how important hydration is too. I took an two hour nap yesterday. I was so tired. Now looking back I think part of it was dehydration. We are having a hot summer for Minnesota and I need to remember to drink more water. I had started putting orange in my water bottle. It is stainless steel and the top comes off so I can the orange slices into the bottle.

Beth I am also happy to hear what a different a better diet and hydration is making for your son. It helps me become more determined to stick to a better eating plan. My BMI has dropped from 29 to 27 and I have lost 2 inches off my waist so besides feeling better I am noticing positive physical changes. It does help keep the temptations at bay. My new walking buddy has made good changes to her diet too and I notice the difference in her too.

:heart: Margaret

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    B) Keep cool, ladies! B)

Lanette
    Blazing SW WA State
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie: I agree absolutely with Lisa. You care. Working for a senior center would be great for them and ideal for you. :flowerforyou:

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,533 Member
    Options
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Thinking about you, Rebecca... stick us in your pocket, baby girl. Hoping for a quick and painless surgery, easy recovery, and relief from the symptoms!

Love,
    Lisa in Arkansas
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    :)