WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2018

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Gals - I've just started to watch Episode 2 of "The Real Skinny on Fat" - looks very similar to Broken Brain type docuseries. From the intro blurbs I've read, it appears it's all about eating lots of healthy fats and some info about intermittent fasting. The one I'm watching right now is Montel Williams who has MS and treating it with diet.

If you are interested... check out www.therealskinnyonfat - dot - com. I missed the first episode, hoping they'll do a complete replay soon.

Lanette

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Sue in WA Blueberries. YumYum!

Lanette We once replaced a small landing/steps from our kitchen to the outdoors with Trex. We never regretted it. It's so sturdy and uniform. I think they mix sawdust and recycled plastic to make it, so I'm sure Trex gets hotter than wood, but ours was on the north side of the house.

Karen in Virginia
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Vicki, you are so welcome my dear. It's funny how some thing another person posts just speaks to us at that particular moment. I'm glad it was good timing.

I'm praying for you and your family. Having gone through my grandson being in and out of drug rehab for many years, your situation is close to my heart. We are all kind of holding out breath at this point. We hope he has finally come through on the other side, but then we have thought that before. Much love <3

Janetr OKC
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Feel better, heal quickly Becca
    NYKAREN
  • clowe1028
    clowe1028 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Lanette,

Here is the summary of the first episode of “The Skinny on Fat”.
    The Big Fat Lie

We’re going to begin with the sordid history of the low fat diet as Dr. Cate Shanahan traces the obesity and health crisis down to its root: Ancel Keys, a physiologist whose misleading statements set off the low-fat lie and set the stage for generations of bad health advice.

Dr. Shanahan explains how sugar and polyunsaturated fats wreak havoc on our bodies, and her deep understanding of biochemistry makes her the perfect person to explain the chemical reactions that run our bodies and the difference food can make for your health.

“Food is more than calories,” she explains.
    “It’s chemical information that changes
    you at a cellular level.”

Septic Shock and spontaneous combustion…despite what you’ve heard, that’s the truth about what “healthy” trans-free oils are producing. Does this sound like something you want in your body? Once you see this episode, you’ll join me in answering a resounding “no.”

Meet Dr. Jennifer Hays-Grudo, principal investigator for the Women’s Health Initiative. Jennifer was active in the early days of the heart-health movement, when the food pyramid first became popular.

She’ll show concrete proof that studies failed to show ANY relationship between a low-fat diet and reduced rates of cancer, and how the “French Paradox” (the fact that French people enjoy wine, cheese, and other “unhealthy” foods yet stay slim and healthy) is really not a paradox at all…the Mediterranean diet is just a healthier way to eat!

In an exciting interview, Dr. Dominic D’Agostino shares about his work healing seizure disorders with ketones. Not only does the ketogenic diet help alleviate oxygen toxicity seizures, but ketone salts are showing great promise - these powdered mixtures can be combined with water and taken daily, with excellent results. You don’t want to miss this one, because ketone salts are easily available and could make a difference in your life…whether you suffer from seizures or not.

As if that weren’t enough - there’s Dr. Joe Maroon. Dr. Maroon is the team neurosurgeon for the Pittsburgh Steelers and author of “Square One: A Simple Guide to a Balanced Life.”

He’ll share some fascinating information about how the food you ingest has a profound effect on your body - especially for those of you who have neurodegenerative diseases and chronic illness.

Dr. Maroon describes the kreb cycle, the relationship between insulin and fat, and the havoc insulin resistance can wreak on your brain...YES - your BRAIN!

His explanation of ketones will finally make sense of how the ketogenic diet works, and you’ll come away from this interview astounded by your body.

Then, I’m going to share my very personal story about how I took control of my own health and began a life-long journey to help others do the same.

In this first episode, you’ll hear how my childhood struggle with eczema and, later, a fight to rid my body of heavy metal toxicity launched my passionate career - and gave me critical insight into the power a healthy, natural diet has to heal body and mind.

Cathy, Arlington, TX
  • clowe1028
    clowe1028 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,633 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym, windy!- 7.05min, 13.3amph, 131mhr, 1.5mi= 69c
    apple watch- 64c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn sta- 49.51min, 126ahr, 147mhr, 14.3amph, 11.8mi= 443c
    apple watch- 462c
    jog sta 2 wk- 4.22min, 153mhr, 8.35min mi, .5mi= 49c
    apple watch- 56c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- 3.52min, 156mhr, 8.35min mi, .4mi= 60c
    apple watch- 56c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18min, 8.6amph, 143mhr, 2.5mi= 184c
    apple watch- 138c

total cal 805

no workout at the gym, more OT, SAME TOMORROW, ALL ABOUT THE $$$$
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,713 Member
    Options
    Trudy and I had 6 other women. Sign up to go over to a restaurant on the tiki taxi and have dinner and a boatride...we had a blast....us G2rs rock lol.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,352 Member
    Options
    Did Karen Voit’s Sleek Essential DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a 20/40/60 workout on the treadmill. This is where you run for 20 seconds, walk fast for 40 and then recover for 60

Karen – I have the butterfly gold pattern (which is discontinued and has been for a long time). I’m not even sure what the pattern is called that I got Jess, I think it’s Blue Lily. Looks like there’s a set for 7. I really like Corelleware. The dishes are light and you can stack so many more than you can with the stoneware or ceramic dishes. Plus, they almost never break (in 40 years, I think two pieces of my set have broken)

Pip – what are you doing to that poor dog??????? Lol

My daughter turned me onto this Tone It Up protein supplement. I didn’t realize how much I like the vanilla flavored! The one thing with their protein supplements is that it doesn’t have any added sugars (even artificial sugars) so I add some cinnamon to it, which works well. It would probably do well in a smoothie since it really doesn’t have an overpowering taste

Prepared the chicken and pork chops in marinade so Vince can grill them tomorrow.

We’re supposed to go to dinner at a friend’s house tonight and then to go see the play “nunsense”. I know that she’s having a pork tenderloin and I gave her some corn on the cob and am bringing cantaloupe so I have most of dinner already logged. Update: I’m not real crazy about pork tenderloin, but I will eat it. It was good. She made some gespacho which was good (I had some, not Vince). She had avacado and artichoke for the salad, which I had.

Went to Lowes Hardware today since Vince replaced this blind that we had. We needed a new one, the old one couldn’t be fixed. Stopped at the UPS store to give them some shipping peanuts (rather than putting them in the trash, they can just use them), then went to ACMoore who STILL doesn’t have the yarn I need for Colby’s scarf for Christmas, then to Kohl’s to see if they have blackout curtains for the back bedroom. They have a lot and I have a 30% coupon plus I can get an add’l $10 off a $50 purchase, which it probably will be. Now to decide on color. Stopped at the mall to get some shower gel for free for Jess. They have another coupon for later, so I may give one to Jess for Christmas and one to Denise

The lady at Bath & Body Works put this roll-on moisturizer for me to sample. I like the convenience, but it seems to stay “tacky” for quite a while

Margaret – don’t you just love it when a lock opens easily for you. On the other hand – it’s scary to think that a burglar could get in so easily

I like to get my honey from this guy right down the road. I can see his bee hives in his backyard. He had a sign out the other day that he FINALLY had honey, but today the sign was gone. Guess he only had a small amount of honey.

Lanette – we have composite wood on our deck. Never had a problem with it getting too hot. One thing is that mold and mildew grow on it. However, I’ve found that that “Wet and Forget” stuff works to remove it. I looked at all the boards, and, unfortunately, I can’t find the name. The deck was here when we bought the house. The next time we open the storage room I’ll look to see. I know there are some boards in there. Our deck is in the sun most of the day. The deck wood is a maroon color. The Real Skinny on Fat – I just wish it wasn’t a webcast. I wish I could download it onto my tablet and read (or listen to it) it when I’m able.

Just got back from “Nunsense”. I honestly didn’t think there would be that much singing. Well, it IS a musical. But one lady from Newcomers is in it. This is the first time she’s performed since her stroke. I know at first she was apprehensive, but she did well. You would never have known that she had a stroke

Sue in WA – I’m so sorry for your sister. I wish she could make the wedding. I know I’d be real hurting if I couldn’t make one of my children’s weddings

Barbie – feel better fast

Michele in NC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    B)
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,633 Member
    Options
    ok Allie - I googled tiki taxi - great fun! we should have one here!!!
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options