What was the last meal you cooked?

Options

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,622 Member
    Options
    Tonight I did my standard gift for new parents--friends who recently had a second child. An afternoonn of batch cooking a bunch of freezer meals. Their freezer is now full of Umbrian chicken cacciatore. Also some frozen bitterballen for finishing in the air fryer. These are dutch croquettes made from cold congealed stew, which are liquid when you bite into a warm one. They are a typical bar snack in Holland. Normally they would be cooked in the deep fat fryer but the air fryer makes easy work of cooking them.
  • pjwrt
    pjwrt Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hot links with hot mustard and sauerkraut, veggie baked beans, and purified water. Can't be vegan all the time.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I roasted a pork loin the other night and made mashed potatoes, green beans and macaroni salad to go with.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Marinated chicken in balsamic/olive oil/garlic/Italian seasonings and grilled it, cooked up some white rice, made pesto to top the chicken and added goat cheese. Had an arugula salad with avocado on the side!
  • acpgee
    Options
    Baby corn got the Cambodian Pot Ang treatment (dipped in a marinade of coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar and green onion) as a starter. Then a Thai Lon adapting a David Thompson recipe calling for lightly home cured salmon with Spanish lomo de bonito (a wet cured tuna loin). I like those Thai meals consisting of a warm dipping sauce for raw veg. I make rice for the hubby but don't miss it when I skip that for myself.
    6ldan3g9z2mf.jpeg
    5uw2dapdsbrp.jpeg

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Khao man gai. The chicken was great and I managed to figure out a sauce I like for the first time. For better or worse I used table salt instead of sea salt so the broth was too salty which meant I subbed a cup of water for some of the broth. That said, the rice didn't turn out very well (too much liquid) but it's eatable. Also the chicken definitely did not suffer from the overly salty broth - it's shockingly good.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    Crock-pot spicy honey-soy chicken over a bed of rice.
  • acpgee
    Options
    Faloodeh. Not exactly a meal. It is not the usual color because I added a little unsweetened cranberry juice seeing as I didn't have enough lemons and limes in the house.
    o04g99farekb.jpg

• aokoye
    Options
    Baked apples for breakfast. Stuffed with an oatmeal, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon mixture. And by, "mixture" I mean layers of those ingredients.
  • _faedreamer
    _faedreamer Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bpj99c6caisf.jpg

Instant pot soft boiled eggs (two minutes pressure cook then quick release, into an ice bath, shelled and eat! Perfect gooey yolks with fully set whites every time) and some lovely fresh strawberries. It was a really nice start to the day.
  • sweetbe44
    sweetbe44 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Baked salmon with dill, roasted sweet potatoes and green beans. I always make extra for lunch so kills 2 birds with one stone.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,754 Member
    Options
    Ground lamb patties with an assortment of curry spices, ginger and garlic, and malt vinegar-mint sauce on the side; steamed mixed veggies.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    steak tacos!
  • acpgee
    Options
    Feloodeh with raspberries and candied lemon peel.
    gq4svil94qsi.jpg
  • acpgee
    Options
    Isaan nam prik ong for dipping in crudites and with some sticky rice for the hubby. Mini corn given the Cambodian pot ang treatment of coconut, fish sauce, sugar and green onion prior to roasting.
    qmgd7uw186sq.jpg
  • AverageKev2019
    AverageKev2019 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    iq4bq48118tt.jpeg

Blackened Salmon / Nigerian Jollof Rice / Sautéed Zucchini & Yellow Squash
  • aokoye
    Options
    Apple crisp for breakfast.