What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,590 Member
    Dinner tonight.
    https://www.pedanticfoodie.com/blog/2014/2/19/artichokes-with-hollandaise
    https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/12/sauced-vodka-cream-sauce-recipe.html

I do the hollandaise a bit differently. Melt butter with lemon juice in a bowl in the microwave, place bowl au bain marie over a small pan of simmering water. Whisk in egg yolks. When thickened to desired consistency remove from heat and adjust seasonings. A lot of people swear by the modern blender methods for foolproof hollandaise but clean up is so much easier using the classic technique.
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Chicken stew tonight. Feels like Fall today with the cool rainy weather so I needed some comfort food.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    tonight I had an air fried chicken breast and butternut squash. was too hungry to take a photo...haha
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Lobster poached in a butter vanilla tarragon sauce over linguine.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    @just_Tomek , I am marinating pork tenderloin for tonite! I added, Salt, Pepper, Sriracha Mustard, Maple syrup and Garlic. I'll serve with Baked zucchini I think.

Last night: Sauteed green beans, Teriyaki Salmon Patties, Salad and Rice (for son).

Going to roast it whole or slice it?
    I did mine sliced and pan seared then returned back to finish in the sauce.

I roasted it whole. Came out Delish! Still have another loin left. I'm going to eat that tonight with butternut ravioli with butter sage sauce and some greens on the side I think.
  • jlscherme
    jlscherme Posts: 157 Member
    Butternut squash soup with spinach and cheese ravioli's, and warm-just baked homemade french bread with butter
  • acpgee
    https://danangcuisine.com/recipes/recipe-grilled-eggplant-ca-tim-nuong-mo-hanh/
    I am going to air fry some sea bass fillets on a bed of sliced tomato and glaze the fish with Vietnamese caramel fish sauce.
    https://www.kcrw.com/culture/shows/good-food/vietnamese-caramel-fish-sauce-2013-my-new-magic-potion
  • acpgee
    h4p8w18ap8dx.jpeg
  • acpgee
  • StudioMaid
    StudioMaid Posts: 84 Member
    Instant Pot turkey chili
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited October 2019
    0saxcruxc4p4.jpg
    dvz49i0vyyih.jpg

This afternoon into the evening was full of cooking. Dinner was oven baked chicken katsu (made with chicken thighs before adding sauce), simmered kabocha squash, and rice. Dessert will be an apple dumpling. I also made corn broth from some of the frozen corn cobs that were put in the freezer in September.

Saturday was nockerl to go with the Georgian chicken leftovers.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    my go to lunch most days...7 oz. air fried chicken breast with a large salad. 536 calories with 68 grams of protein.
    sbksvv6713yp.jpg

That looks so good!
    What I love best for lunch, but with honey-mustard instead of - is that hot sauce?
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Chili
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    We had company so I couldn't be in the kitchen much. So in between I made: Broccoli cheese soup and quinoa with veggies (zucchini, onion, peppers and chickpeas) Our dinner once everyone left.
  • StephanieLWS
    StephanieLWS Posts: 22 Member
    We had chili last night. It was vegetarian with a bit of TVP mixed in. (No one here either noticed or at least didn't ask if it wasn't a bit of ground beef.) Sauteed onion, spices, corn, and cans of rotel. Added 8 cans of 'chili beans', canneloni, dark and light kidney beans, and black beans. With a choice of saltine or oyster crackers, shredded cheddar, sour cream, or fatfree greek yogurt.

It was a very simple and quickly-made chili as I was busy burning up twigs, leaves, and such outside.