What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    edited December 2019
    Tuna Napolitana Pasta for my daughter.

Chicken Satay Skewers, Satay Sauce and Chips for my husband.

Moroccan Carrot and Lentil Soup for me.

I feel like a short order cook, some days! 😂
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,052 Member
    Holiday Season "Cleansing" - Cabbage/Vegetable soup.

Taking a step back from the brink after a couple weeks of very rich holiday eating with this soup.

There's probably about 500 recipes on YouTube or elsewhere for this type of soup. My approach tonight: red cabbage, carrots, celery, green peppers, onions, garlic, canned no-salt diced tomatoes and flavorings (very moderate salt, black pepper, a few shakes of cayenne, Italian herbs mixture), chicken stock (no salt).

Very good, flavor-wise, but family consensus is that I'll buzz the soup to make a chunky, but thick final result for leftovers with an immersion blender. As it is, right now, can't beat the color. Wonder what it'll look like after blending? There's enough here for the family for 2-3 days.

Pictures:
    1. as prepared.
    2. done cooking (but not blended).

cphxl2i4ogki.jpg

ewian5fb64sh.jpg

• SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Last cooked meal - grilled talipia filets and riced cauliflower stuffing. Yum
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Paccheri alla Scarpaniello. This is a Naples specialty. It's made with a bigger tubular pasta--could use Mezza Maniche or Tortaloni. I made a chunky tomato sauce with Roma tomatoes, EVOO, garlic and pepper flakes. When the pasta was al dente, I poured on the sauce and added grated smoked cheese and fresh basil. I gave it a good stir. When it's on the plate (or bowl as we do it here) sprinkle freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano on top. Some add more pepper flakes too.
  • Womanvsweight
    Womanvsweight Posts: 258 Member
    Christmas dinner, roasted everything and lots of veg topped with gravy... I’ve not had to cook since I’m still eating it 😂
  • momefee
    momefee Posts: 66 Member
    @ just_Tomek and snowflake954 - YUM! Last night was broiled Ribeye steak with Cesar salad.
  • Beachlife813
    Beachlife813 Posts: 18 Member
    Bacon, fried eggs, and honey dew apple.
  • snowflake954
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Just got done with pierogi because meatless Mondays

I'm of Polish decent--100% and have never heard of meatless Mondays. We always had meatless Fridays growing up. Since you've mentioned it a couple of times, could you explain meatless Mondays to me? Thanks.
  • snowflake954
    acpgee wrote: »

Ah, thanks--I'd never heard of it. We do our meatless day on Friday and have been for a very long time, so we're good.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,524 Member
    I'm about to cook another Christmas dinner with a girlfriend. She has Christmas with her Vietnamese family so feels she misses out on a proper British Christmas dinner. Our NYE ritual is to cook Christmas dinner at her house. We are doing Dickensian roast goose. Keeping it simple with sides of roast carrots, sauteed greens, roast potatoes, gravy and commercial cranberry sauce. Coffee pavlova for dessert.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,524 Member
    Second Christmas dinner at my girlfriend's. Roast goose, roast potato, roast maple and harissa carrots, sauteed chard, gravy, lingonberry compote. My girlfriend's small son with a large goose drumstick. Dessert was cappucino pavlova that I overbeat so the meringue stayed spongey.
    2mhyaxm2d8d8.jpeg
    l1fvxxse8a33.jpeg
    xo6prw977jv5.jpeg

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Roasted chicken and potatoes with a salad
  • astidog99
    astidog99 Posts: 20 Member
    jacket potato with the day before's left over baked bean chili con carne---- yummyyyyy
  • snowflake954
    For New Years Eve I made the traditional lentils with sausage. The Italians believe that this dish is good luck and will bring money in the coming year. You are also supposed to have 9 courses to follow luck and tradition. This is what my husband's family in Rome always told me, however, they are originally from Southern Italy(Puglia) and have mixed the traditions.
  • snowflake954
    Just got done with pierogi because meatless Mondays

I'm of Polish decent--100% and have never heard of meatless Mondays. We always had meatless Fridays growing up. Since you've mentioned it a couple of times, could you explain meatless Mondays to me? Thanks.

I am 100% Polish, born and raised. There is no such thing a meatless anything in our culture, but what we do have is fish Fridays :)

Meatless mondays, for me, is simply being vegan one day a week. Nothing more to it but be even more creative in the kitchen using only vegan / vegetarian ingredients.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I thought I was missing something.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,052 Member
    First dinner of the new year. Baked chicken breast parm with spaghetti squash, sauce.

p4vtob3h69xw.jpg
  • Mexican Quinoa Black Bean Stuffed peppers22b5njvyf15g.jpg
  • snowflake954
    Mezza penne pasta with lentils in tomato sauce, salad, fruit and desert (Christmas cookies) for the family.
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Thai Coconut red curry chicken & brown rice