Calorie Counter

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• fairytale_babefairytale_babe Member Posts: 391 Member Member Posts: 391 Member
    Crumbed chicken schnitzel, mashed potato, and salad
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,118 Member Member Posts: 9,118 Member
    Burgers with zucchini parm oven fries.
  • aokoyeaokoye Member Posts: 3,497 Member Member Posts: 3,497 Member
    Monday: Broiled fish heads marinated in soy sauce, miso, garlic chili sauce, and brown sugar
    Today: Turkey dan dan noodles. The Sichuan (Szechuan) peppercorns are still making my mouth tingle.
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Member Posts: 3,754 Member Member Posts: 3,754 Member
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,118 Member Member Posts: 9,118 Member
    Butter garlic sauce mussels on tofu spaghetti with garlic baguette on the side.
  • lx1xlx1x Member Posts: 27,163 Member Member Posts: 27,163 Member
  • weatherking2019weatherking2019 Member Posts: 775 Member Member Posts: 775 Member
    Chanko soup! (without the rice or noodles) https://www.japanesecooking101.com/chanko-nabe-recipe/

I added Nappa cabbage, Carrots, Green onions, Chicken thighs, Daikon radish, Ginger and Umami dashi or sorts.
    Made a pot full so it's going to be my dinner for a while.
  • acpgeeacpgee Member Posts: 5,058 Member Member Posts: 5,058 Member
    Griddled lamb cutlets, rosti, roast tomato, grilled courgette, roast celeriac.
    oi5y7kjtaaio.jpeg
  • alteredsteve175alteredsteve175 Member Posts: 2,006 Member Member Posts: 2,006 Member
    Cooked bacon weaves on the grill. Made BLT's with the last of the fresh tomatoes from the garden, sliced onions and homemade high protein mayo.
  • poisonessepoisonesse Member Posts: 470 Member Member Posts: 470 Member
    It's on the stove right now, had 5oz of 93/7 ground beef left over the other night, so cooking that up with 4 skinless chicken legs and making a nice pot of spaghetti sauce. Not sure if I'll make ribbon noodle zucchini to go with it, or elbow mac, but either way, the house smells like heaven right now! ;)
    @acpgee that looks lovely, had to look up rosti to find out what that yummy looking thing was!
    @lx1x is that salmon? Good eats there!
    poisonesse wrote: »
    @acpgee that looks lovely, had to look up rosti to find out what that yummy looking thing was!

This is the rosti recipe I use. I pre-cooked the potatoes pricked with a fork (to allow steam to escape) in the microwave for a few minutes instead of parboiling.
    https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2011/oct/13/how-to-cook-perfect-rosti
  • shunggieshunggie Member Posts: 1,014 Member Member Posts: 1,014 Member
    Hamburger veggie soup. It was delicious!
    Dinner guest tomorrow. Planning to do homely Japanese. Kakiage to dip into miso soup as a starter. Followed by roll your own California handrolls.
  • weatherking2019weatherking2019 Member Posts: 775 Member Member Posts: 775 Member
    @acpgee I didn't get that invitation! lol still waiting :D
  • LyndaBSSLyndaBSS Member, Premium Posts: 6,988 Member Member, Premium Posts: 6,988 Member
    Roasted veggies with pork loin roast. Yum.
    Come on over @weatherking2019. Though I have to say that kakiage is a lot of work. I made them in advance and plan to warm/crisp them up in the air fryer. Not sure it will be as successful as deep frying at the last minute, but it makes hosting logistically a lot easier.
    Dinner for a guest. Kakiage was made a few hours in advance and crisped up in the air fryer to dip in miso soup. Second course of roll your own California rolls. We've got cucumber, green onion, tamagoyaki, crab sticks, avocado, pickled daikon, nori sheets. Dessert was bitterkoekjes (=dutch almond macaroons) dipped in amaretto.
    18huz8fbegq0.jpeg
    938dqpf9chjw.jpeg
    3tx5k0c0dv6z.jpeg

• lx1xlx1x Member Posts: 27,163 Member Member Posts: 27,163 Member
    poisonesse wrote: »
    @lx1x is that salmon? Good eats there!

Baked ahi tuna..