The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• kevinrfletcher
    kevinrfletcher Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    @kevinrfletcher
    I like your chat with the bottle! I'm 8 weeks AF today, but I still have a 1.75L of Skyy vodka in the spare bedroom closet. I think my bottle is a girl though. She's the "secret" bottle I used to top off the regular bottle that my husband could see. I don't miss all the work that involved. I think it's time I had a chat with it ("*kitten*...please..."), say goodbye and kick it out of the house!

Congrats on the 8 weeks! To quote Calvin & Hobbes, "WOOOOT! WOOOOT!!!"
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    lloydrt wrote: »
    Did you know that St Patricks day is one of the most busiest days for bars .....and DUI's

I didnt know that until I happened to listen to the news with the stats on DUI's and increase of numbers of people arrested for public drinking and driving drunk.........something to think about.

I have a friend who stopped drinking about 7 months ago...totally stopped......His sugar levels have decreased dramatically, from the high 7s, down to I think, 6.5.......he is diabetic and he's elated that his numbers are down

Whatpauly ,you are right . Alcohol kills.........I still keep up with my friend Beverly's 2 children. Both in their 20s. Both really great kids who are so missing their mom. She drank...........heavily, so heavily that her husband couldn't handle it, and left her..........She then moved into a small apartment, wasn't working but drank straight vodka for years..........She hit her head one night , alone , must have been so drunk, she couldn't walk or stay balanced and fell on the shower door.........The police think that after she did hit her head , she sat down in bed, or passed out........and died of a blood clot that killed her from a blow to the head....... We dated in high school, she was tall, about 5" 11 120 lbs, incredible figure, she had looks, she had it all..........when I saw her before she passed away ,I literally was shocked. I hadnt seen her in over 30 year.........she had aged terribly, she looked 80 and she just gave in, her brain performance was bad.........she got very paranoid, couldn't accept her husband leaving her and getting custody of the kids.....and when they did an autopsy, her liver was as hard as a rock and green.......really scary...............

I agree, if people continue to drink, it not only kills them, but totally, totally devastated their loved ones after they are gone.. Best wishes to everyone and be safe this weekend....

Best wishes, Lloyd

Very heartbreaking to read that😢 sorry for the loss of your friend, my coworker's dad had a liver transplant a few years ago and his wife sent a pic of the old liver and yup it was a greenish color,hard looking and full of holes/pits looked so gross!
  • Ed_Zilla
    Ed_Zilla Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    it's a fifth of bourbon every other day.

I got tired of making so many trips to the liquor store so I bought the huge bottles of Jim Beam. The scary thing (now) is everyone at the liquor store knew me. I can't tell you how many times I would work out at the gym, head to the liquor store, head home and get hammered.

Hang in there @kevinrfletcher !!!