The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Ok---slipping from doing much with AA--but still AF. Ok phone meeting in progress. Thanks for letting me be real here. I have been working on my diet and going through an elimination/healing program that Dr. Amy Myer's uses and has used for thousands, "The Myer's Way", that is showing benefit. Could never have even thought seriously about doing this while drinking. I really believe that I have thrown my system way off while binge drinking regularly for a long time. Maybe it was off some before that and supposedly alcohol was the easy way to fix it. NOT. I highly recommend anyone dealing with some sort of issue(s): depression, anxiety, food sensitivities, major stress, cravings, bloating, digestion issues, brain fog, autoimmune issues ETC. look into this Dr.'s work. She has reversed her own Grave's Disease.
  • salleewins
    Options
    OK, one more word from Moi...ok, maybe a few more than one lol...aside from the number of days sober, by quit drinking app reminds me of the money saved and drinks passed. As of today, I've saved $1,921.00 and passed 1200.8 drinks. I wish I had literally saved that $$, but oh well...I didn't flush it down the toilet literally!! AND I did a conservative average of what I was actually drinking and spending because I didn't include entertaining in that mix.

ANYWAY, my liver has to be dancing for joy right now... ;)

Hoping everyone has a great AF day <3

Just AMAZING!!! JOB WELL DONE!!!
  • salleewins
    Options
    Thinking of you Ruby and JenT.
  • salleewins
    Options
    Ed_Zilla wrote: »
    98 days (14 weeks) AF today - but - I hit my weight loss goal a little over a week ago and no longer find myself motivated to use this app. I am going to take a break from MFP (and their incessant blogs and ads) and hopefully never have to use this app for weight loss ever again.

Best wishes to all of you.

EXCELLENT WORK!! Stop and visit once in awhile!! We will miss seeing you around and being inspired!!
  • MaxInChicago
    MaxInChicago Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It's Friday. It's the weekend. And I just got home from work & had been and picked up shopping for the week. (Passed by the alcohol section and grabbed a big pack of water instead and some fizzy pop) I thought to myself as I got home and sat my bag down. There is more to get excited about at the weekend than just 'oh this is my perfect opportunity to get hammered'.

The fact I am done with work for the week is enough of a reason to feel amazing! The fact I am free to spend my weekend doing whatever i want is good too. And actually, it's kinda nice knowing that I'm not shackled to a wine bottle this weekend.

My liver loves me right now. I think I'm their favourite person. Like. Ever. Lol. Yes iv had some cravings today, as it's Friday I guess but I have found other things to make me smile this weekend and I guess I'm gona have to get better at doing that. It's not all about alcohol.

You're replacing the alcohol in your shopping cart and in your thoughts (what you're excited about and looking forward to). That is an important and awesome step your taking on your AF journey!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!😊

Max
  • Yellowstone1983
    Yellowstone1983 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thank you @MaxInChicago !