The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    @lorrainequiche59 Congratulations on 40 days of no sugar and wheat and on feeling better! Today is Day #1 for me of no sugar.
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Is anyone having issues with their newsfeed?
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,154 Member
    donimfp wrote: »
    Good evening, everyone. Ruby and Foo Foo, it's so great that you guys are doing very well. I've been a member of this group since January 2018 and I'm so grateful for everyone here. Unless I'm really forgetting something, and I don't think I am, I'm the only person I can remember in those 3-plus years who confessed to a relapse after a significant period of sobriety and was totally slapped down and told that nobody poured the booze down my throat so I should stop shirking responsibility. I've really tried to move past that. But every time I log on here I have to say my stomach drops a little bit. I can't tell y'all how much it hurt to have my honest regret treated with disdain rather than compassion.

Anyway, enough of that. I have to move on. So I'm going to focus on other avenues of support. At this point I feel like logging on here has become counterproductive for me.

I will continue to think of all the friends I've met here and wish for your success. I believe some of you will do the same for me. And that energy is important. I'm currently doing well with sobriety, but I know how fragile that can be. Dreading what I might see here if I confess to "weakness" is making it harder for me to be transparent and admit to struggles.

I wish a wonderful summer for everyone. Foo Foo, your tattoo will be a great affirmation. I'll be thinking of you. Ruby, thank you for starting this group long ago, and Jen, thank you for keeping it going.

xoxo

You should always do what's best for you. If something gives you dread, you do not need to continue. We understand. We can relate 100 percent to your struggles. If you change your mind, we will welcome you back with open arms. We learned and grew from your posts. Sending you big hugs.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,154 Member
    JenT304 wrote: »
    @RubyRed427 Thank you for your words. It takes courage to admit when we have done what we regret. I like your attitude though. Onward. And out of 9.5 months you drank exactly one day. Girl PLEASE! Amazing accomplishment! XXOO

Thanks Jen ! <3