What We're Eating

Replies

• gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Yesterday’s menu:

Breakfast: trail mix of lightly salted almonds, roasted edamame, and vanilla almond granola. Black coffee

Lunch: Golden curry with beef, peppers, and onions, plus some kolhrabi fritters

Snack: chocolate-frosted-donut protein bites

Dinner: pork and soba noodles with bok choy and celery, topped with sriracha and black bean garlic sauce. A piece of potato bread, toasted, topped with Neufchâtel cheese and sautéed garlicky kolhrabi greens

Dessert: a diet dr. Pepper. a Nantucket double chocolate chip cookie, a half s’more made with a dark chocolate Kit Kat mini. Plus oooooone more dark chocolate Kit Kat mini.
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Breakfast
    A bowl of Honey Nut Bunches of Oats cereal, mini box of raisins on cereal, unsweetened almond milk and 2 cups coffee with Splenda and half and half
    After breakfast
    Another cup of coffee with Splenda and half and half while I balanced my mom's checking account (needed some motivation)
    Lunch
    3 bbq ribs, a serving of cauliflower mashed potatoes with some sour cream on top, side salad with lite ranch salad dressing, a few pickled beets and a large diet coke
    Dinner
    TBD (no taste for anything yet🤪)
    My husband tweeked his back so no walk for today, Painter finishing up, errands, and hoping to hear from claims department on what will be covered on our little guys knees🐶 Have a great day everyone 🌻

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,304 Member
    A cordon bleu with biksemad: leftover potatoes with leftover random veggies (in this case cooked red cabbage and apple and from an Asian wok mix)
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,601 Member
    Yesterday's menu:

Breakfast: One egg omelet made with 1 oz cubed ham, 2 T chopped onion, half oz shredded cheddar cheese. + 3 oz strawberries.

Lunch: Chicken thigh with roasted root vegs (carrots, mini potatoes, bell pepper, scallions) oven baked together in a cast iron skillet. I love one pot meals like this.

Snack: - Raisin bran cereal with Lactaid 2% calcium milk.

Dinner - Half cup 2% cottage cheese with 3 oz strawberries.

Total calories for today was 1269, activities today: Cooking, gardening, pool cleaning, 5 minute arm Youtube workout.

Our main meal is usually lunch. DH and I are both retired and my energy levels seem to be highest in the morning so that's when I enjoy cooking.

Hawksgirl: Fingers crossed for your pup.
  • foreverslim1111
    And Today's...

B. Oatmeal with Lactaid milk and chopped strawberries.

L. Home made, batch cooked spaghetti sauce. I make 10 servings at a time and freeze them in 2 servings each, containers). Served over fresh cooked pasta, 1 oz dry weighed per serving. Homemade garlic bread (1 oz piece) on the side. This is a real quick meal to serve.

D. Turkey burger, half glass lactaid milk.

Didn't make much effort to get a few veg serving in :/ Also low on protein. 60/78.

Total calories 1286.

Did a 30 minute HASfit youtube weight workout with DH today. Shoulders are definitely stronger because of my 5 minute arm workouts. :)
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Great day 😊
    NO carb day which is for me around 40 grams of net carbs

B- 3 sceambled eggs in coconut oil and two maple sausage links and coffee
    L- sugar free bbq chicken breast, salad with cheddar cheese, and blackberries with reddi whip
    S- lightly salted peanuts
    D- low carb tortilla pizza with onions and green peppers soo good. A small bit of pizza crust off the normal one 🐷
    S- keto pb chocolate chip cookie

Calories: 1600

Workout: Sydney cummings 50 minute dumbell workout burned ariund 600 calories. I also cleaned with my 20lb plus baby on my back today 🐒

I realized I love eating low carb/no carb waaaay more then my high carb days. I feel soooo much better.
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    Breakfast: a toasted everything bagel with olive cream cheese and sliced tomato.

Snack: iced cold brew with oat milk and a saturn/donut peach.

Lunch: tex-mex jackfruit on soft corn tortillas with grated cheddar, shredded romaine, salsa, avocado, and pickled radish. Picked up the packaged jackfruit at the grocery store to try, it was fine but nothing special.

Snack: 30g popcorn.

Evening: at a birthday zoom, a slice of no-bake cheesecake with blueberry compote and a glass of pinot grigio.
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    @foreverslim1111 Thanks❤
    @donidaily great job on your progress. I've been readingthe Labor Day challenge. I'd love to get my scale moving again kinda stalled for now
    Breakfast
    A bowl of Honey Nut Bunch of Oats, a mini box of raisins on top, unsweetened almond milk and 2 cups coffee with Splenda and half and half
    Lunch
    A bowl of Campbell's chicken noodle soup, a pbj sandwich and a large diet coke
    Dinner
    Cherry Greek yogurt with some mixed fruit stirred in
    A little later(📺 snack🤗)
    Some of the new Lays flavored potato chips.
    Husband still feeling the back sooo gunna burn some cals with yardwork and put a little extra pep in my step. Never heard from claims on Friday hoping now for Monday. Trying to get my moms surgery scheduled and her on the mend before The little guy needs extra attention. Thinking about it overwhelming because my husband should be starting back at work when this all happens. Hope this finds my menu friends enjoying their Saturday 🌞
  • AshHeartsJesus
    I found chaffles....that is all 🐣
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Breakfast: mini pancakes with kerrygold butter, plus a chicken sausage

Lunch: honey mustard tuna salad, plus some kohlrabi fritters with Greek yogurt (sprinkled curry powder and Worcestershire on top)

Afternoon snack: honey roasted edamame and pecans trail mix

Dinner: pasta with sausage, garlic, onions, peas, and Parmesan. a salad with chipotle mayo dressing and pickled radishes

Dessert; a dark chocolate mini Kit Kat, a ghirardelli dark choc square, and peanut butter. Later, a good humor bar topped with brown sugar glaze
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    Thank you @hawksgirl229 🥰 I have actually found being at home all the time really helpful for weight loss and have had some good results in the last few months. Keeping at it!

Breakfast: chopped salad of lettuce, cucumber, baby bell peppers, tofu, with salt and olive oil. Chunk of toasted sesame sourdough on the side. Cup of tea with oat milk.

Snack: iced cold brew with oat milk.

Lunch: vegan dan dan noodles with blanched bok choy. We used Trader Joe’s soy chorizo instead of pork and it turned out great!

Evening: well we have most of a cheesecake in the house still so a slice of that with blueberry compote and a glass of pinot grigio.
  • AshHeartsJesus
    Well I ate a very whatev diet today😏

Low carb day
    B-2 scrambled eggs and two maple sausages in 1 tsp coconut oil and coffee
    L- 2 cinnamon chaffles with butter and choc zero syrupl
    S-sugar free bbq chicken
    D- hummus on a low carb wrap with sour cream
    S- Keto halo top with choc zero syrup

I know not the healthiest, but better then what I wanted to do

Calories: 1220

Workout: sydney cummings strength workout for about 20 minutes the kiddos needed me 💙
  • foreverslim1111
    B. - 2 cups hot black tea with milk. A BLT sandwich with 2 pieces Kirkland bacon, half a sliced Roma tomato, 1 T light mayo, and one slice San Luis sour dough bread cut in half and toasted.

L. - Chief John recipe for batch cooked, pulled from the freezer, meat loaf, baked. Added roasted vegs which included chopped potatoes, scallions, carrots and broccoli. 1 cut hot coffee with milk.

D. - 3 Milton crackers and 1 oz sliced NY XXX sharp cheddar cheese with 2 glasses white wine.

Didn't do mfp diary today. But did practice portion control. :)

• thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    I rarely post here, because I rarely have a balanced day, so am not much for inspiration. Today, however, was a good day. :)

Breakfast (220 cals)

Pain au chocolat
    Fresh strawberries and raspberries
    Mineral water

Lunch (263 cals):

Two-egg scramble with mushrooms, yellow peppers, parsley and pecorino
    Chocolate caramel protein bar
    Mineral water
    Diet coke

Dinner (378 cals):

Vegetarian sausages
    Sweet potato and white potato hash with red onion, parsley and pecorino
    Mineral water
    Diet coke

Bonus-meal-to-eat-up-to-allowance (319 cals):

Apple, banana, grape and blackcurrant smoothie
    Chocolate caramel protein bar
    Fresh strawberries and raspberries
    Chocolate bar
    Mineral water

Total: 1,200 cals including plenty of protein, just over 5 portions of fruit and veg and plenty of chocolate. :)
  • foreverslim1111
    B. One egg omelet made with chopped green onion and half oz cheddar cheese. Half glass LS V8.

L. Left over meat loaf slice served with saute of sliced baby dutch potatoes, sliced zucchini, onions and tomatoes.

S. 3 whole grain Milton crackers.

D. Premer chocolate protein drink.

Not a very exciting day - food wise. Trying to retrain my brain to use food for nutrition rather than entertainment LOL. Hard to do when I find cooking so enjoyable. I'm a fan of Chief John on Allrecipes.
  • AshHeartsJesus
    Ok day

Low carb day

B- 2 keto coconut flour pancakes with 1tbs pb and coffee
    L- Hummus low carb wrap with light sour cream and a small portion of blackberries with reddi whip
    D- Grilled chicken breast, egg salad (2 eggs and tbs mayo with mustard), 1 cup greenbeans, 4 strawberries with reddi whip
    S- keto chocolate chip cookie, and cheddar popcorn 🐑

Calories 1200 on the nose 🐷
    Rest day today, but I did weed our flower beds today that counts for something I guess 🌸
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,222 Member
    Breakfast: 2 eggs, baked beans, grilled tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms, sausage, toast, black tea (8:30am)

Lunch: Salad (mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumber, pickled beets, pecans, poppy seed dressing), cottage cheese (12:30pm)

Snack: Skyr

Dinner: Air fryer chicken parmesan, spaghetti, broccoli (6:00pm)

Dessert: Chai tea (7:30pm)
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    edited August 2020
    Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs and a slice of American cheese on a wheat tortilla, 1 cup cinnamon Chex cereal with 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk

Lunch: 2 turkey franks on whole wheat buns with ketchup and mustard

Dinner: 2 portobello mushroom caps topped with pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella, and mini pepperoni

Snacks: 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese and 1/2 cup blueberries
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    @donidaily - That cheesecake you've been posting about sounds amaaaaaaaazing! 😭😭 How does a no-bake cheesecake compare with baked?? Never had a no baked one before and I'm super interested now!!

Breakfast: Leftover Korean marinated chicken thigh with Asian Cole slaw
    Snack: Grande iced cinnamon dolce latte on the way home from getting my car serviced cause the greatest tragedy happened and I ran out of coffee in my apartment yesterday.....
    Lunch: Homemade french onion soup topped with a mix of shredded swiss and parmesan, side of Gardein Italian sausage bites
    Snack: Tried the new NY Style Pizza kettle chips Lays has! Tbh they don't taste like pizza at all, more like a tomato bisque, but still good! 2 frozen homemade cookie dough balls
    Dinner: Sweet and sour chicken fried rice with veggies
    Dessert: If though calories later, strawberry cheesecake Greek yogurt with chopped fresh strawberries.