What We're Eating

Replies

• foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,601 Member
    B. One egg scrambled with 1 T lactaid milk, 1.5 oz chopped: ham steak, 2 T onion. Half glass of LS V8.

L. Two beef tacos made with seasoned, cooked ground beef, chopped onion, tomato, romaine lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese and 1 T BBQ sauce (I prefer it to taco sauce.) Served in Ortega taco shells

S. 1.5 oz Raisin bran cereal with half cup Lactaid 2% calcium milk.

D. Premer Chocolate protein shake.

Under 1400 calories. Did a HASfit 30 minute beginner weight workout with DH. Half hour of cleaning.

Pretty good day...... :)
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    Breakfast: a saturn peach before going for a beautiful bike ride. Then two rice cakes with avocado and smoked salmon. Pile of baby bell peppers on the side.

Snack: iced cold brew with oat milk. Pistachios (counted exactly ten).

Lunch: leftover vegan dan dan noodles with blanched bok choy. Added some menma (bamboo shoots) this time too. Glass of Diet Coke.

Snacks: a little banana nice cream, another rice cake, baby carrots, and three chocolate squares. Put the rest of that cheesecake in the freezer!
  • donidaily
    @donidaily - That cheesecake you've been posting about sounds amaaaaaaaazing! 😭😭 How does a no-bake cheesecake compare with baked?? Never had a no baked one before and I'm super interested now!!

@rainingribbons It’s so good for summer because you don’t have to turn the oven on! The texture is smooth and creamy like key lime pie but it just sets in the fridge. I used this recipe but after reading the comments reduced the butter to one stick and added some agar agar to help it set (could use gelatin or even jello): https://www.marthastewart.com/858246/no-bake-cheesecake

Let us know if you try it!

m2yv6vckc07t.jpeg
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Okay day

High carb day
    B- Overnight oats with stevia and cinnamon and 1/2 banana and coffee this was super filling
    L- Hummus with light sour cream on a low carb wrap and 1/2 cup of greenbeans
    D- 2 cups of shredded crockpot chicken seasoned with salt and pepper mixed with a little bit of sugar free bbq sauce, dreamfields elbow pasta with Annies mac and cheese powder, and peas and a little bite of pork chop
    D- Believe chocolate chips sugar free and two cupcake goldfish crackers ( I was curious how they tasted lol)

Calories:1300
    Workout: Sydney Cummings 30 minute Hitt Cardio burn 400 cal. I logged it as 275 Her workouts make me feel so great afterwards! She is pretty tough though! 💪
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,222 Member
    Breakfast: 2 eggs, baked beans, grilled tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms, sausage, toast, black tea (8:30am)

Lunch: Salad (mixed greens, cucumber, pickled beets, pecans, poppy seed dressing), cottage cheese (12:30pm)

Snack: Skyr

Dinner: Chicken parmesan (no breading, I was not in the mood), spaghetti, zucchini (6:00pm)

Dessert: Chai tea (7:30pm)

I live alone so I eat a lot of leftovers and usually the same things at breakfast and lunch during the week. Sorry it's boring!
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Breakfast: trail mix of roasted edamame, lightly salted almonds, and vanilla almond granola.

Lunch: creamy white bean chicken soup with kohlrabi greens and red pepper flakes

Snack: chocolate salted caramel pure protein bar

Dinner: lamb feta sausage on a roll with ketchup for grownups, black bean corn avocado salad, marinated beets, and some homemade pickles

Drinks: three vodka-seltzers

Dessert: three homemade peanut butter cookies with dark chocolate icing, plus cantaloupe.
  • gallicinvasion
    [quote="Athijade;c-45242749")

I live alone so I eat a lot of leftovers and usually the same things at breakfast and lunch during the week. Sorry it's boring![/quote]
    Leftovers are THE BEST. I live on leftovers.
  • aresgeld63
    aresgeld63 Posts: 2 Member
  • foreverslim1111
    I agree with @gallicinvasion about leftovers. There should be a better name for them. How about "PDF" for Pre-cooked Delicious Food? :D
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    donidaily wrote: »
    @donidaily - That cheesecake you've been posting about sounds amaaaaaaaazing! 😭😭 How does a no-bake cheesecake compare with baked?? Never had a no baked one before and I'm super interested now!!

@rainingribbons It’s so good for summer because you don’t have to turn the oven on! The texture is smooth and creamy like key lime pie but it just sets in the fridge. I used this recipe but after reading the comments reduced the butter to one stick and added some agar agar to help it set (could use gelatin or even jello): https://www.marthastewart.com/858246/no-bake-cheesecake

Let us know if you try it!

m2yv6vckc07t.jpeg

Ooooooh thanks so much!! Making cinnamon rolls tomorrow for a few days worth of dessert, but this will be next! 😘
  • rainingribbons
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer, breakfast burrito consisting of egg, onion, kale, hot sauce, mozzeralla cheese on a low carb tortilla
    Lunch: French onion soup topped with swiss and parmesan, gardein Italian sausage on the side
    Snack: Greek yogurt and strawberries
    Post workout: Chocolate peanut butter protein shake
    Dinner: Cilantro lime salmon with sweet potatoes and I think zucchini? 1-2 glasses of wine
    Dessert: Blueberry cheesecake ice cream, potentially as a milkshake with almond milk?

Did a 2 hour long hike this morning + a 30 minute lifting video this afternoon, so have room for all the food today. :D
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    Breakfast (150 cals): Special K with semi skimmed milk, fresh strawberries

Mid-morning (115 cals): Chocolate caramel protein bar and a diet coke (I was too warm for coffee - does anyone make iced coffee?)

Lunch (450 cals ish, possibly a bit less): Quorn picnic eggs, brioche and most of a pain au chocolat that I stopped eating because it had blatantly gone past its use by date

Dinner (154 cals): 2-egg scramble with yellow peppers, mushroom and parsley

Supper (236 cals): Chocolate caramel protein bar, apple and blackcurrant smoothie, fresh pineapple

Plus a shed load of water (0 cals).

Lunch was a bit of a disaster as I was too hot to make a proper meal and the pain au chocolat turned out to be more like the pain de tristesse - some treat. Rest of the bag went in the bin. Bye bye.

I forced myself to cook something for dinner in a bid to get some more nutrients - measured the veg to ensure I got big enough portions to count towards my 5 a day.

In news that shouldn't be news though, fresh pineapple is awesome.
  • foreverslim1111
    B. Chobani greek yogurt with 40 gms kind oat granola mixed in

L. Homemade rotisseried chicken with my experimental rub. Rub was half t each of Kosher salt, onion powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, thyme, dry mustard, brown sugar and quarter t of pepper. Turned out great!! and now we have lots of "PDF" chicken for soups, sands, salads, enchiladas. Served with boiled Baby Dutch potatoes and a corn, peas, carrots, green beans micro blend.

S. raisin bran cereal with Lactaid 2% calcium milk.

D. Chocolate protein drink.

Calories: 1400.

Activity: Youtube 5 minute arm workout, cooking, pool cleaning. Kind of a light day for me.
  • donidaily
    Breakfast: slice of ww bread with avocado, smoked salmon, and sliced tomato. Cucumber on the side.

Snack: iced cold brew with oat milk. A saturn peach and some pistachios.

Lunch: pappardelle with tomato, harissa, olive and capers. Ricotta on top. Made enough for leftovers too 😉

Snacks: a glass of diet coke. Some watermelon jerky I had to try from Trader Joe’s.

Evening: a green tea mochi.
  • rainingribbons
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer, scrambled eggs with kale, onion, and mozzarella cheese
    Lunch: Homemade french onion soup topped with shredded swiss and parmesan, Gardein Italian sausage
    Snack: Greek yogurt and strawberries
    Post-workout: Protein shake with chocolate powder, 1/2 a banana, almond milk, and pb2 powder
    Dinner: Leftover chipotle lime salmon with potatoes and roasted broccoli, wine
    Dessert: Homemade cinnamon roll or two
  • donidaily
    Breakfast: slice of ww toast with ricotta and sliced tomato. Cucumber and olives on the side. Iced cold brew with oat milk.

Snack: iced matcha latte with oat milk. 20, count ‘em, 20 pistachios.

Lunch: pappardelle with tomato, harissa, olive and capers. Ricotta on top.

Snacks: a bit more watermelon jerky and a packet of Lorna Doone cookies I got at the blood bank about two months ago 🤷🏻‍♀️

Evening: a rice cake with tomato and salt plus a pile of baby carrots. A little matcha KitKat.
  • rainingribbons
    donidaily wrote: »
    Breakfast: slice of ww toast with ricotta and sliced tomato. Cucumber and olives on the side. Iced cold brew with oat milk.

Snack: iced matcha latte with oat milk. 20, count ‘em, 20 pistachios.

Lunch: pappardelle with tomato, harissa, olive and capers. Ricotta on top.

Snacks: a bit more watermelon jerky and a packet of Lorna Doone cookies I got at the blood bank about two months ago 🤷🏻‍♀️

Evening: a rice cake with tomato and salt plus a pile of baby carrots. A little matcha KitKat.

Those matcha kitkats are sooo good!!!
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Pretty good day today

B- Two keto pancakes with a little pb and coffee
    L- Chicken salad, cucumbers, and a small portion of blueberries
    S- hummus with light sour cream on a low carb tortilla, two goldfish cupcake crackers, a very small bite of popcorn
    D- Plain chicken breast, one bite of a homemade biscuit
    S- keto pb chocolate chip cookie

Even with my odd nibbles I still hit goal 💟

Calories:1225 I went over on my carbs by like 10 lol

Workout: 15minute hitt workout 250 calories/ 10 minute kettle bell sydney cummings I logged that at 90 calories, and I chased my 10 month old and 2 year old all day 😛
  • gallicinvasion
    Breakfast: trail mix of lightly salted almonds, roasted edamame, and vanilla almond granola

Lunch: chicken tacos with white onion, cilantro, lime, salsa verde, and guacamole

Snack: A peach

Dinner: a hamburger topped with pickled onions and ketchup+mayo. Marinated beets, plus a black bean corn avocado salad. A dill pickle.

Dessert; a good humor bar with Brown sugar glaze. Some peanut butter and a graham cracker.