What We're Eating

Replies

• donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    Breakfast: a saturn peach, then two shrimp tacos with shredded romaine, chipotle mayo, tomatoes and pickled veg. (Leftovers. I will eat basically anything for breakfast!) Cup of tea.

Snack: iced coffee with oat milk; 20 pistachios.

Lunch: kitchen picnic of Italian bread, fresh mozzarella, beefsteak tomatoes and basil from the garden, some baby carrots and snap peas, a few olives, a few potato chips.

Snacks: a rice cake and iced ginger matcha.

Evening: unusually had a lot of calories left so had a little more bread with peanut butter, some chocolate chips and a green tea mochi.
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,602 Member
    Kitchen renovation is complete as of 3 pm this afternoon. So nice to have the new sink up and running. :)

B. Chicken sand made with 2 oz chicken leg meat, one slice sour dough cut in half and toasted, mustard, mayo, chopped onion.

L. Homemade batch cooked spaghetti meat sauce made with mushrooms, onions. Served over 1 oz (weighed dry) pasta and one piece hot garlic bread.

S. 3 whole grain crackers, half glass Lactaid 2% calc. milk.

D. Turkey burger with mustard, light mayo served with 1 C petite mixed veggies.

We did a 30 minute HASfit weight workout, 20 minutes of gardening, food prep. Plenty of protein today but short on veggies.
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Pmia eat more hit 1200 calories

Thanks hawksgirl he had a great day 💙

Pretty good day considering it was busy and crazy

B- 2 Keto chocolate cupcakes with no frosting and coffee with stevia and almond milk
    L- Oatmeal maded with water and Ibsprinkled a few chocolate chips on top
    S- 2 pieces light and active multigrain bread with turkey and cheese
    D- Philly cheese steaks no bread and greenbeans
    S-Protein bar
    S- strawberries with reddi whip
    S- String Cheese
    S A Very small bite of my husbands calzone
    Calories: 1330
    Workout: Sydney Cummings 40 minute dumbell cardio calories burned 450ish she had hers over 500 I didn't eat it back except for some carbs so whatever 🙉
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    Yesterday:

Breakfast/Lunch: Two slices of sprouted whole-grain toast with peanut butter. Two slices of sprouted whole-grain toast with deli turkey, fresh mozzarella, and mustard. A peach. Unsweetened iced tea with soymilk.

Snack: Dark chocolate.

Dinner: Whole-wheat linguine with butter, grated Parmesan cheese, walnuts, and arugula. Also, some extra arugula on the side. Fish oil supplement.

Dessert: Unsweetened coconut milk and dried apricots.

Today:

Breakfast/Lunch: Two whole-wheat pitas with deli turkey, fresh mozzarella, avocado, and tomato. Some dried apricots. Unsweetened iced tea with soymilk.

Snack: An Oreo and vanilla ice cream sandwich from Rita's.

Dinner: Whole-wheat linguine with two scrambled eggs, butter, grated Parmesan cheese, walnuts, arugula, and garlic powder. A salad of more arugula, tomato, and cucumber, topped with onion flakes and sriracha. Fish oil and vitamin D3 supplements.

Dessert: Dark chocolate mocha almond Kind bar.

Also unsweetened iced tea throughout the day on both days.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    Breakfast: Egg fried rice, banana, tea (8:30am)

Lunch: Sandwich (Turkey, swiss, mayo, lettuce, tomato), chips, banana (12:30pm)

Snack: Skyr (if needed)

Dinner: Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans (6:00pm)

Dessert: Tea and Skyr (7:30pm)
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Good Morning Everyone 🌞
    Breakfast
    Cereal cup of Honey Nut Cheerios. 1/2 of a banana, unsweetened vanilla almond milk and 2 cups coffee with Splenda and half and half
    Lunch
    The new Life Cuisine Korean style bbq beef bowl. I'm soooo looking forward to trying this!!! A side of greens and 1 egg roll from Panada Express and of course my large diet coke..🤗
    Dinner
    Chocolate pb protein shake with a dollop of cool whip and a drizzle of sugar free chocolate syrup.
    Errands and watering the new landscaping in the morning.Then, after lunch, walking our 7 mile path at our forest preserve..
    Happy Wednesday...
  • PmiA
    PmiA Posts: 35 Member
    Pmia eat more hit 1200 calories

I'm a vegetarian who doesn't like eating in the morning/breakfast, and who relies mostly on plain veggies. I eat big bowls/plates of food and it really fills me up, but because it's all veg, the calories are super low 😭

• netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    breakfast: chocolate protein shake and 2 slices of french toast
    lunch: 2 eggs and vegetables (tomato, green pepper, onion)
    snack: a cup of mixed berries (frozen strawberries, raspberries, currant, blackberries)
    dinner: cherry tomatoes and light mozzarella with some yogurt dressing and a slice of corn bread

kcal: 1690
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer, Greek yogurt and pineapple
    Lunch: Seasoned chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, lemon cilantro hummus bowl with 1/2 of a whole wheat pita, diet Dr. Pepper
    Snack: Strawberry meal bar
    Snack: Small pumpkin spice latte and 1/2 pumpkin muffin from Dunkin Donuts. Surprisingly the small at Dunkin is the same as the medium at Starbucks. Wish I'd known that before drinking it all. 😂😂😂
    Dinner: Homemade deep dish sausage and pepperoni pizza

Luckily I have 2 workouts AND an evening walk scheduled to burn off some of this!
  • hawksgirl229
    @rainingribbons
    Omg..your menu sounds delish😊!!!!
  • PmiA
    edited August 2020
    Thank you so much @foreverslim1111 @rainingribbons ! Today I ate to the point where it felt like overeating but ended up under the 900 mark again 😑 And I weigh all of my food so there's no mistake there. I might have to include more high-calorie items and see how that affects my macros without freaking me out, because I'm not particularly trying to lose weight. Again, thanks for the advice! ❤
  • PmiA
    Late morning snack (10:30AM):
    - yerba mate tea
    - 1 homemade lemon cookie

Lunch (12PM):
    - warm salad (boiled pumpkin, broccoli and spinach, fresh tomato, 3 level tbsp of low-fat ricotta, oregano, pinch of salt)

Snacks
    (4PM)
    - 200ml of (drinkable) fat-free, strawberry yogurt
    - 260g of apple
    (6PM)
    - 45g of provolone cheese

Dinner (8PM):
    - sandwich (2 slices of bran bread, 1.5 tbsp of light spreadable cheese, 1 hard-boiled egg, fresh spinach, pinch of salt)
    - 2 carrots, grated

2.25L of water
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    Breakfast: a cup of tea before heading to the derm. After, a toasted everything bagel with olive pimento cream cheese. I felt I had earned it for being brave and having a precancer burned off my eyebrow. Wear sunscreen everyone! And a hat! Get your skin checks!

Snack: iced coffee with oat milk.

Lunch: lentil salad with fennel, tomatoes, walnuts, heaps of fresh herbs, and grilled halloumi, dressed with lemon vinaigrette.

Snack: a saturn peach.

Evening: a negroni and a handful of chili lime tortilla chips.

@hawksgirl229 the first challenge I did was goal weight by 4th of July, then the same poster started the Labor Day one. So I imagine there will be more after this! I like having the extra place to check in and log, it’s nice. And a long challenge is more in my comfort zone than trying to lose fast. Just my two cents.
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Crazy day here! Our elderly neighbors lost their daughter suddenly to a massive heart attack Monday. 😕 All the neighbors brought food over today so I cooked most of the day. I am so thankful for playdoh today kept our little boys busy for a loooong time which is hard to do 😝

B- cheesestick with strawberries and coffee
    L- Turkey on a low carb wrap and greenbeans
    S- one pig in the blanket, 2tbs baked mac and cheese, 1tbs frosting
    D- 2 Hamburger patties with cheese I was all out of peas 😩
    S- Turkey and cheese low carb wrap
    S-Two low carb shortcakes with strawberries and reddi whip

Calories: 1350 seems low for how much crap I ate but I logged it and almost hit my macros 😌
    Workout: Sydney Cummings legs and ab workout 350 calorie burn she had hers over 400 my legs are jello now. It was a fun workout though 👍
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,602 Member
    B. Two cups hot tea with milk. One over easy egg cooked in a t of EVOO, one slice Dave's Killer multigrain bread. half glass Lactaid 2% calcium milk.

L. Chicken sand with 2 oz pre-cooked chicken breast, light mayo, mustard, chopped onions. Half glass Lactaid milk.

S. 3 multigrain crackers, half glass Lactaid milk.

D. Cooked beef patty seasoned and mixed with 1 T minced onion, .5 T Ranch season mix. Served with bowl of steamed broccoli, carrots topped with 1 T cheese sauce.

Got about 74 gms of protein. Seems if I hit my protein macro (70-80 gms) then I'm a bit short on veg servings LOL. The cheese sauce helps me enjoy eating the veggies. Calorie total: 1339.

Activities: 90 minutes of cleaning kitchen cupboards inside and out, sorting and culling and cleaning contents. Calories burned around 300.

@PmiA Good to see that you added in more protein foods! Nice balance!

@rainingribbons I see you are already adding fall type flavors in. :) I love pumpkin spice.
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    breakfast: 1 egg and some cherry tomatoes
    lunch: store bought frozen pizza (ham) (supposed to be 675kcal but I weighed it and it was actually 745ish going by weight)
    snack: a cup of red currant and a banana
    dinner: salad (green beans, lettuce, tomatoes) with light mozzarella and yogurt dressing

kcal: 1542
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    Breakfast: Egg sandwich, banana, tea (8:30am)

Lunch: Sandwich (Turkey or chicken, swiss, mayo, lettuce, tomato), chips (12:30pm)

Snack: Skyr (if needed)

Dinner: Broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans (6:00pm)

Dessert: Tea and Skyr (7:30pm)
  • hawksgirl229
    @donidaily
    Hoping this finds you on the mend after your derm appointment and I will watch to see if challenge gets extended..I'm at the lower end of my weight category so anything now is [slooooow. But as they say slow and steady wins the race.
    @AshHeartsJesus
    That was so kind of you and your neighbors. They are very lucky to be surrounded by such a caring community.❤
    Breakfast
    Cereal cup of Honey Nut Cheerios, a small banana, unsweetened almond milk and 2 cups coffee with Splenda and half and half
    Lunch
    Large salad with
    various cheeses on top, a warm garlic breadstick dipped in marinara, my large diet coke
    Dinner
    I too love pumpkin anything..sooo making a pumpkin smoothie with a heavy dollop of cool whip and a drizzle of sugar free caramel syrup and a few toasted pecans 🎃