Skull Crushers
    Upright Row
    Chest Press
    Front Raises
    Land Mine Press
    Rear Delts

50 Criss Cross Jump Circuit

Dirty Shirley (30 reps Abs)
    Rower/Hip Lifts/Supine Bike/Roman Chair Tucks/Hip Lifts/Wiper/ Flutter Kicks/Scissors/ V Up/Crunches
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Friday the 13th Morning Session:
    a repeat of Team Body Project's "Essentials Segments".

**I am thinking I'll rotate through each session successively, doing one every few days of the other Team Body Project cardio/circuit workouts, and just repeat the entire Essentials plan over and over again. I like that the "Essentials" workouts devote an equal amount of time (about 15 minutes each) to cardio, resistance, and abdominal/core exercises. I am hoping that doing these Essentials workouts regularly (starting at at least 2 times per week) will help me to keep my core engaged and form good as I keep doing the other sessions that are more cardio-focused on the other days of the week.
  • mytyglotz
    Options
    Saturday -- another chilly, sunny Autumn day!!
    I started the day with my ritual morning Team Body Project session: today's choice was "Real Start Evolve PT 5".

Then I went on a 2-mile outdoor "cool-down" walk (slower pace today....😖).
    I went on another short 1-mile walk around the block in the early afternoon as my meal of "egg white floofs" baked in the oven.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    180 min's hiking hills with 30# pack
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    My dad collapsed on Thursday, and my mum took him to hospital. He has low sodium in blood, and the hypothesis is that the cause is oesophageal cancer.

I did an hour of yoga on Thursday. Then I climbed - it was a very poor session.

I did leg day on Friday, building up to 3 sets of 10 squats, 80 kgs; and 3 sets of 10 deadlift, 100 kgs. I am new to sets of 10 - they seem pretty brutal.

I visited my little brother yesterday, with a vague aim of climbing on his outdoor wall. It rained, so we did a 7 or 8 mile walk instead.

I did an hour of yoga today. I then climbed. It was a really good session, my best for a long time. I will do a 9 mile walk later today.
  • JDMac82
    Options
    120 min's hiking hills with 30# pack.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    Best wishes for good results and speedy healing from the surgery, @JimDew. Frustrating to be off the workouts for a while, I know from experience . . . but I'm sure you'll find some creative ways to get back into it, even with some limitations, once cleared to do *something*.

@drmwc, so sorry to hear about your dad! That's very frightening, but I'm hoping it still could turn out to be something less severe. My husband had oesophageal cancer, so I can understand the concern. Good for you, sticking with your routine even with this stress. Sending strength to your whole family!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Best wishes for good results and speedy healing from the surgery, @JimDew. Frustrating to be off the workouts for a while, I know from experience . . . but I'm sure you'll find some creative ways to get back into it, even with some limitations, once cleared to do *something*.

@drmwc, so sorry to hear about your dad! That's very frightening, but I'm hoping it still could turn out to be something less severe. My husband had oesophageal cancer, so I can understand the concern. Good for you, sticking with your routine even with this stress. Sending strength to your whole family!

Yes, best wishes for the both of you. I'm really sorry to hear about your Dad, Matt. I hope it's not what they think.

Did a nice 4 X 8 workout on Friday (Anaerobic Threshold workout) -- first two on the rower at around 2:08 pace or 2:09 pace and the next two on the Assault Bike and LateralX.

Today was just an hour easy steady state cardio with 30 minutes on the rower. Longest continuous row I've had in a while. Really slow but really low DF and concentrating on keeping HR under 70% of max.
  • FourWindsWalker
    FourWindsWalker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    An hour walk on flat and hilly terrain aka my neighborhood. Not sure when to begin lifting weights. I build muscle easily. Drop weight at a slowish pace.
  • mytyglotz
    Options
    Sunday morning with *drumroll, please* TEAM BODY PROJECT!!!! (I hope I haven't caused anyone to start rolling their eyes at the words "Team Body Project". They're just so rad, folks -- it'd be a terrible shame if my repetitive mention of them turns people away. You'd be missing out!!
    Anyway....)

Morning session was a third go at "Totally Cardio".
  • MikePfirrman
    Options
    @mytyglotz -- nothing wrong with repetition. It's more important for consistency. Doesn't hurt, at all, to change things up on occasion, but I do mostly 3 machines and the same lifting workout weekly, so I'm pretty humdrum as well!

Today was 30 minutes again on the rower (very easy, all under 70% max HR -- low DF @ 22 SPM/2:32 or 2:33 pace or so). Then 24 minutes on the LateralX.
  • mytyglotz
    Options
    Monday, November 16th -- Morning session with Team Body Project for the 193748493920485th time (slight exaggeration..).
    • Turbo 30's followed by
    • Move Beats

C'mon Tuesday!!
  • silverpl2525
    silverpl2525 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Monday: Upright rows, squats, lunges. 1 hr. Just starting resistance training today, it's a big deal for me, although I feel like jello now and will probably be sore tomorrow! I hope I can stick with this :) Normally I just go for long walks, but it is starting to get REALLY cold outside brrrrrr
  • JDMac82
    Options
    15 min's elliptical
    30 Overhead Press
    15 Pull-ups
    15 KBell
    20 Leg Tucks / Wipers

3 x 15
    Shrugs
    Curls
    Skull Crushers
    Bent Over Row
    Hammer Curls
    Cable X Over
    15 Wide Grip Pull-ups
    Rev Grip Curls
    Rope Ext
    Rope Curls
    Straight Bar Pulldowns
    Iso Pulldowns
    Kickback's

Rev Grip Pull-ups

100 Fwd Jump Rope

Sinister Abs (60 reps)
    Situps/Hip Lifts/Cable Crunches/Hanging Leg Raises/ Straight Leg Situps/ Rower/ Mtn Climbers/ Flutter Kicks
  • JDMac82
    Options
    30 mins treadmill 4 mph @ 8 incline
    10 min Bike
    20 min elliptical

Sporty 40 Abs
    Rower/Supine Bike/Flutter Kicks/Mtn Climbers/Crunches/Knee Tucks/ Situps/ Hanging Leg Raises/Banded Crunches/ Hip Dips
  • mytyglotz
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Tuesday morning movement celebration with the "GOAT" Team Body Project:
    • "Totally Tabata"
    followed by a very rapid sub-13-minute mile around the block before another day of Zoom virtual instruction.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hardest row in a while -- 6 X 250m with one minute rest, then 30 minutes AT work, then 5 minute C/D. 800 calories in 50 minutes. Avg HR was over 160 for the duration (over 80% of max). My max is roughly 195 still. Roughly 8K meters.

Ridiculously low DF (around 65 or 70) but my back isn't hurting, so I'm working on a faster stroke rate for now.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    My dad had the key test today. We're waiting for the results - his doctor was pretty pessimistic.

I had a climb over lunch. It went pretty well. I did:
    1. Warm up climb on jugs
    2. Heel hook practice
    3. Pogo practice
    4. One foot off wall practice
    5. Campus (no foots on wall)
    6. Static practice (move like a robot)
  • JDMac82
    Options
    15 min's elliptical
    15 KBell Swing
    15 Pull-ups
    50 Crunches / Knee Tucks

3 x 15
    Bench
    Leg Press
    High Pulley Cable X Over
    Dbell Deadlift
    Calf Raises
    Chest Press
    Goblet Squats
    Low Pulley Cable X Over
    Cable Squats
    Decline Chest Press
    Mule Kicks
    Iso Tricep Ext

Dirty Shirley Abs (30 reps)
    Situps/ Flutter Kicks/ Rower/ Hip Lifts/ Supine Bike/ Mtn Climbers/ Straight Leg Situps/ Hanging Leg Raises/ Wipers/ Rower