What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Dead hangs, wall supported supported handstands, bodyweight pull-ups superset with wall supported handstand press-up negatives, yoga and weighted pull-ups superset with side lateral raises...
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    It's been a while since I could maintain 40km/h (25 mph) for 90 minutes......

0xvex8gytjx4.jpg
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    10 miles / 29:30 / 343 calories
    Good ride. Pedal focused again. 10 miles to finish the week.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Dumbbell aalking lunges/dummbell romanian deadlifts
    Dumbbell overhead press/pulldowns
    Calf raises/external rotations
  • Lilmamawoz
    Lilmamawoz Posts: 33 Member
    30 min stationary bike
    10 min elliptical
    10 min treadmill
    10 min stairclimber
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Another rest day due to work. That's makes 3 rest days in a row. I'm going to work out tomorrow and work will not be an excuse.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    1mile warm up run to gym
    Chest - got myself a new 3rpm of 46kg in bench , really pleased with that, I took time off heavier lifting when marathon training last year and only really started trying to build up again at new year. Wasn't a true max either, I'd done a pyramid up to 43kg, then my spotter encouraged me to go for 45kg and then 46kg.

PT - 30 mins of pain.
    500m row/50 press ups/50 decline sit ups
    400m row/40 press ups/40 decline sit ups
    300m row/30 press ups/30 decline sit ups
    200m row/20 press ups/20 decline sit ups
    100m row/10 press ups/10 decline sit ups
    Was wishing I hadn't learnt to do the decline sit ups by the end, or at least that I hadn't told her I could do them.

Valentine themed circuit class.
  • pierinifitness
    Third day of rest, didn’t plan it but work got in the way. Tomorrow will be different, you watch.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    1 mile warm up run followed by couple times round a hill interval loop to test out a tight calf

Tabata and total body conditioning classes

30 min PT session on the spin bike.

Now time to chill out after lunch until tomorrow morning
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Yoga, pull-ups, handstands and dead hangs...
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Team erg session. 6×10'/90sec off followed by 10 min of core exercises.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Atletica class, with 10 and 12 lb weights. Sweated so much, and my face was so red, that even after my shower, I had to wait on makeup - and hot coffee for a whole hour !!!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Still relegated to the AirBike. Would like to be rowing but the middle back is still tender. 10 minute W/U today followed by 40 minutes hard. Wanted a very hard Anaerobic Threashold workout. Went out a bit too hard at the beginning and had to reign it in toward the middle. Still a nice workout. 700 something calories, 244 Watt average. Started out at roughly 62 RPM and knew 5 minutes in it wasn't sustainable. Ended up (I think) around a 57/58 RPM average, roughly 18 calories a minute.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    10 miles / 30:30 / 375
    Gonna enjoy a weekends rest. 10 miles x 5 days is working really well though. Not over doing it and forcing a moderate pace and finishing hard.
  • sistrsprkl8097
    sistrsprkl8097 Posts: 20 Member
    45 min run along the beach
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator
    9.2 mile bike ride. Plan to lift tomorrow. :)
  • guil0095
    guil0095 Posts: 327 Member
    burned 301 cals/20 minute on elliptical
    weights & crunches to finish off the day
  • pierinifitness
    Been very busy with work this week and that's my excuse but today I did something different. Some quality resistance bands arrived and I'm keeping them at work. I broke them into today doing the following with various resistance tensions:

Double overhead press 5x5
    Double bent-over rows 5x5
    Double curls - 3x5
    Single tricep overhead extension with each arm - 3x5

This is not how I typically train. I don't prefer the hypertrophy feeling that this and barbells/dumbells provide. But, I will play around with resistance band training while at work because it's easier to bang out some training that with kettlebells which require that I mentally warm-up to the work to be done.

Overall, pretty well-rested after having three consecutive rest days so I have no excuse to not returning to my pedal to the metal training.