Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• pierinifitnesspierinifitness Posts: 2,217Member, Premium Member Posts: 2,217Member, Premium Member
    Been very busy with work this week and that's my excuse but today I did something different. Some quality resistance bands arrived and I'm keeping them at work. I broke them into today doing the following with various resistance tensions:

Double overhead press 5x5
    Double bent-over rows 5x5
    Double curls - 3x5
    Single tricep overhead extension with each arm - 3x5

This is not how I typically train. I don't prefer the hypertrophy feeling that this and barbells/dumbells provide. But, I will play around with resistance band training while at work because it's easier to bang out some training that with kettlebells which require that I mentally warm-up to the work to be done.

Overall, pretty well-rested after having three consecutive rest days so I have no excuse to not returning to my pedal to the metal training.
  • pierinifitnesspierinifitness Posts: 2,217Member, Premium Member Posts: 2,217Member, Premium Member
    A tough KB complex for 5 rounds with 20kg KB taking 16:36 to complete. Later, 60 minutes walk at park for 3.78 miles.
  • firef1y72firef1y72 Posts: 1,338Member Member Posts: 1,338Member Member
    3.1mile run to bootcamp
    Bootcamp - was a fun one this week as my birthday, still tough though
  • firef1y72firef1y72 Posts: 1,338Member Member Posts: 1,338Member Member

Today I was supposed to be running 16 miles, but I've been nursing a cold for the last few days and ran out of energy. Forced myself to do 8.5 hilly miles, so it wasn't a compete washout. And did have some pretty views at the top of some of the hills. dythw3joftj4.jpg
    nuz9ztl040ok.jpg

Run 5:00 walk 1:00 for 60 minutes and 5.71 miles.
    edited February 17
  • Finafoshizzle93Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 91Member Member Posts: 91Member Member
    45 min elliptical
    45 min weights/strength (burpees, arm curls, heavy squats, sit ups, chest press, tricep kickbacks)
    @Finafoshizzle93, do you do your burpees before or after heavy squats? What’s s typical burpees workout for you rep-count wise?

Good job on your workout, keep it up!
  • JustSomeEmJustSomeEm Posts: 16,619Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator Posts: 16,619Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator
    Today we walked a 5K... Tomorrow we begin half marathon training.. (3m Monday, 3m Tuesday, 3m Thursday, 4m Saturday with 2 lifting sessions weekly and a cross-training session on Sunday).
  • Finafoshizzle93Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 91Member Member Posts: 91Member Member
    @Finafoshizzle93, do you do your burpees before or after heavy squats? What’s s typical burpees workout for you rep-count wise?

Good job on your workout, keep it up!

Here’s what I did today (burpees before squats). I like breaking it up into mini circuits.

10 burpees
    6 arm curls (each side) - 20 lbs
    10 side crunches each side (20lbs)
    Repeat 5x

5 rack squats - 130 lbs
    20 crunches
    Repeat 5x

20 Tricep kickbacks - 10 lbs
    10 shoulder press( 20 lbs)
    12 lunge to chest taps
    Repeat 3x

16 kettlebell squats (15 lbs)
    30 sec plank
    Repeat 3x
  • midlomel1971midlomel1971 Posts: 1,029Member Member Posts: 1,029Member Member
    Recovering from a cold today, so just a 35 minutes walk/run on the treadmill. Burned about 350 calories.
  • BrianSharpeBrianSharpe Posts: 8,711Member Member Posts: 8,711Member Member
    2 hrs (76km) on the bike trainer
  • MikePfirrmanMikePfirrman Posts: 893Member Member Posts: 893Member Member
    Hard interval day on the Air Dyne Pro (Assault style bike). 16 X 90 seconds/1 minute active recovery. Roughly 560 calories in 40 total minutes. 250ish Watts on the interval part maybe a bit higher.

Throughout the day I'll add in 200 more pushups, around 150 single arm military presses and weight squats.
    edited February 18
  • GreenValliGreenValli Posts: 651Member Member Posts: 651Member Member
    Went to the gym and did 35 minutes on bike. Did not do weights or anything else today because I am helping my daughter move this afternoon and figure that will be an additional work-out.
  • CentaurusSoterCentaurusSoter Posts: 371Member, Premium Member Posts: 371Member, Premium Member
    10 miles / 30:39 / 333 calories
    Good start to the week. (Ignoring the mile I did yesterday)
    Gonna be a good 40 more miles at this rate. Gonna bust my butt and break through the 100lbs down barrier this week.
  • misskris78misskris78 Posts: 133Member Member Posts: 133Member Member
    1 hr of zwift.
  • sistrsprkl8097sistrsprkl8097 Posts: 20Member Member Posts: 20Member Member
    Mowing the lawn with a manual mower and now I’m about to dig a hole for a fig tree
  • meritage5meritage5 Posts: 32Member Member Posts: 32Member Member
    1 hour snowshoeing with poles quite mild -7 C
    Evening walk at park for 60 minutes and 3.71 miles.

Earlier in day, played around with my new resistance bands snd isometric webbing.