WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies <3

I would also like to see Bumblebee at the movies.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Machka: I’m glad you and your DH are having a relaxing Christmas. :flowerforyou:

Mary: It is so good to hear from you. Love the cartoon of Santa and the reindeer at the pool. :smiley: I’m so sorry for the loss of your mom and brother in law. :heart: :broken_heart::heart:

Heather: I’m so sorry for the loss of your friend, Shirley. :heart: :broken_heart::heart:

Barbara: Merry Christmas to you and yours. It sounds like you’re having a good one this year.:star:

I got a surprise call from a long time friend. I really enjoyed talking to her about her kids and ours. She lives in Montana now, and I hope we manage to connect with her later in the coming spring when we take our RV road trip to DD’s home in Illinois. I"m looking forward to it. :bigsmile:

Have a great day today, and a Merry Christmas to all who celebrate.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas ladies.💗
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,814 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas dear friends

Mary--So sorry to hear about your loss. Sending lots of hugs and prayers

Heather--Sorry about your friend Shirley.

We had a very nice Christmas eve and DOS and family. The other grandparents did the usual over the top gifts for her BIO grandchildren. But I just let it go. I am working until 2 today and then we will be going to DYS and DD will be there with their families and the ex. Will smile and get it over with. Then home to bed early as tomorrow is day 10 in 11 days straight.
    Sounds like we have a winter storm coming in tomorrow and I sure hope they are wrong this time as I really need to get to Lincoln (100 miles) and find out what is going on with my friend that had the stroke. They are wanting to move her again. Now when we found this place they said she could work her way up to being able to be in her own place or stay there with assisted living. Now they say they are just gong to be a rehab place. Not sure how you and just change everything. Also some how she got a bad busie next to her eye and no one seems to know how that happened.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,684 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Have a good one one my peeps
  • pipcd34
    Options
    dessbwqu0oz2.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    Options
    r5n3raf6kdjy.jpeg
    qg90ug6t2n96.jpeg
    k0y80i6udz3o.jpeg
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Mary AZ ... so sorry to hear of your losses ...

Pip ... praying Kirby continues to feel well.

Barbara ... love the photos of your tree. So glad Joe found his Christmas heart.

Just waiting for my dinner to finish cooking. Why we're actually having another meal is beyond me, still full from breakfast (Monkey Bread) and lunch (multiple appetizers, meat and cheese platter). Ham, scalloped potatoes and green beans for dinner. Older son -- our traditionalist -- requested a bonafide dessert for after dinner (not just leftover cookies and candy). So made a no-bake (egg free for his allergy) cheesecake. I will be rolling into bed early tonight!

Beth near Buffalo (where it lightly snowed all day)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Saw aqua an, it was awesome. The theater seats were just as awesome, reclining seats
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Hubs and I had a quiet Christmas Day and thoroughly enjoyed it. We managed to get in almost 16 miles of walking, both purposeful and meandering.

Okie
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    Did a Total Cardio Burn DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to take the water class.

Disclosure here: I was feeling bad last night and I dipped into the cookies. The good news is that even tho I did that, I didn’t feel good this morning. I don’t think I’ll log today. A friend of Jess’ sent us the barbecue and I’ll probably have some (I usually don’t) and I’m dying to try the fudge pie. I am going to try to be mindful. But I’ll get back on track tomorrow, of that I’m sure.

A bit of NSV for me, last night I was putting on a pantsuit for midnight Mass. Well, I have this one black one where the pants fit but it was a bit too tight around the waist. I still had the safety pin attached to the pants that I used. Well, I tried on the pair of pants that I had with the jacket that fit me and decided to just give the other (the ones with the safety pin) a try-on. They fit even without the safety pin!

Welcome everyone new!

M – looks like I’m going to have to make the pavlova from scratch – we don’t have mixes here….:) Wish we did, tho

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Mary from AZ – I’ve been thinking about you and wondering where you were. I’m so sorry so much has happened.

Did go to the community dinner at the church. I was, in a way, disheartened. I thought it would be much more busy. When I volunteer at the Connections fundraiser, I’m busy the whole day. Here, I wasn’t that busy. As a matter of fact, at one point I started to cry. Left and came home

Just went out to see some Christmas lights at other houses. Looks like we’ve got a lot of work ahead of us! I know that next year I’m going to ask for RGB lights for Christmas, along with Amazon and Lowes Hardware gift cards

Had some of the chocolate fudge pie that was sent to us. It IS very fudgy.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Aaa
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    (((((Mary)))))! So glad you checked in.

This has been a tiring but good holiday. I hate to see my sister go home. She was a big help with my parents. I’m going to go take mama’s Christmas decorations down tomorrow, then I hope I can cut back to maybe two days a week.

Goodnight my friends.
  • KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Thanks ladies <3 My Mom passed on December 6th the same day Heather's dear friend did. I'm sorry for your loss as well as others that have lost loved ones since I was here in October. My Mom was 90 years old. She was a lot of fun and was always laughing. She had dementia for the last three years and was ready to see the big man upstairs as she put it. She said she talked to her Mom and brothers and they were waiting for her. Kind of reminded me of my Mom when I read Kelly's story. Made me cry too. Her Celebration of life was Dec. 23rd. My DBIL died on my husband's birthday 10 days after my Mom. He was only 58 yo. He was working on his truck in the garage and the jack slipped. The EMT said he felt no pain because he died instantly. His memorial service was last Friday. I didn't get to go to either service but was told there was a lot of tears and laughter.

We will be heading up to MN in a few weeks to deal with that special assessment that some of you helped me edit the letter disputing it the end of September. If you remember they hit us with a $21,000.00 bill for the sewer. We think they are really concerned because they never followed the statute and because of that the whole city could and should be angry at how much they were charged. So do we protect only our interest or let everyone know they were over charged...I see a crowded city hall in their future. We'll visit family when we are there.

We watched Instant family on recliners at the theater. Love those chairs! Today after Christmas Supper at the club house we came home and watched Christmas movies. Anyone watch Christmas Chronicles? I Love the ending.

Time to go to bed! Have a restful night.

<3

Mary from Arizona

Mary:- so very sorry to hear about your dear Mum and brother in law.

I have seen Christmas Chronicles and enjoyed it.
    All the best
    Karen UK