WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,709 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Pip! that is a lot of snow in a few hours! Stay safe!

that's an old pic :0)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Lanette - Is it possible the sugar is making your joints hurt more? It definitely makes a difference in mine. I too have been having way too much sugar.

Okie in the TX Hill Country

Okie
    , you are probably right. Salt probably isn't helping either with water retention. What's that I hear.... Pip and her boot! YIKES!!! B)<3

Lanette

:::: running up to lhscapil so i can get a running start for a swift kick::::::
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Lanette - Is it possible the sugar is making your joints hurt more? It definitely makes a difference in mine. I too have been having way too much sugar.

Okie
    , you are probably right. Salt probably isn't helping either with water retention. What's that I hear.... Pip and her boot! YIKES!!! B)<3

Lanette

Don't slip on the snow, lol.

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Pip Thank you for telling your story. You are one resilient chick.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    PIP ~ Thanks so much for sharing your family's story! Isn't it great that despite what many of us lived through growing up that we have turned out to be productive, good people!

Carol in GA
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I love the pics of the two little girls dressed up in with the beads! So cute!

Lisa Which way do you go Texarkana? Straight south on 49?
    It’s slow but a straight shot.

My phone is dying, only 2% left. I always push it! This app really sucks up the power!

Have a great day! Talk later, I have a lot of family issues. Could right a book!

Dana in Arkansas
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbara: I hope the trip is a "go." DH is not a very willing participant thus far. His MS doctor gave his blessings, but DH has also been referred to a GI doctor and that appointment hasn’t happened yet. Keeping my fingers crossed! :star:

Lisa: I am happy for your health and also for your wonderful work situation. :flowerforyou:

Lanette: I hope you’re right about DH perking up as the weather gets better. Thanks for the good thoughts! :smiley:

Barbie: I also looked up fondant icing on the internet. I’ve seen it on many bakery items and on the Great British Bake Off but have never used it myself. My mom didn’t use it, either. :noway: I like your observation about the use of the word obsessed. :smiley:

Heather: I enjoy hearing about the fun you’re having in your new hometown. You have a zest for life that is admirable. :star:

Pip: I agree with Karen that you are amazingly resiliant. I admire that quality. :star:

Dana in AR: I rarely use my phone for conversations here. It doesn’t have the capacity I need. I use my computer to visit this group. I use my phone as the day goes along to record every bite and swallow because it is always with me. That way I don’t forget to record my calories and have better accuracy. :star:

Yoga today! Yay!!!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »

Okie

Lanette

Don't slip on the snow, lol.

LOL!!
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Today is National Cereal Day!

"Since the end of the 19th century, cereal has become America’s most popular breakfast food. Ferdinand Schumacher, a German immigrant, began the cereal revolution in 1854 with a hand oats grinder in the back room of a small store in Akron, Ohio. His German Mills American Oatmeal Company was the nation’s first commercial oatmeal manufacturer. In 1877, Schumacher adopted the Quaker symbol, the first registered trademark for a breakfast cereal." Although I've branched out into other alternatives since I started focusing on foods with low caloric density, a bowl of shredded wheat with milk is still one of my favorite breakfasts.

JLose65 - Welcome! Several of us have been dealing with the loss of our fathers and subsequent estate logistics over the past year, so we can empathize.

Tracey - I'm so sorry about your uncle. My siblings and I only have one uncle left now, and all the aunts are gone. I hate to think of losing him too. Michaela looks so cute with all her new baubles on!

Kylia - Sounds like your brother and sister were lucky to have you, but you must have missed out on a lot of childhood through having to be the "grown-up" so young.

Barb - Welcome back!

Karen - I agree with you, those are grackles!

Holly - No kidding, too bad someone doesn't come up with a motivation pill! I've often wondered why we're so resistent to doing what we know we need to do even when it's in our best interests.

Lately I'm doing pretty well on diet and exercise at home (on the stationary bike and ski machine) but I'm still procrastinating on going to the gym. It's a five-minute drive away and I'm not that busy right now so I don't really have an excuse, I just don't want to do it. I've picked a date to start a group fitness class there and put it on my calendar. Hopefully that'll make me feel more committed and once I go that first time I'll be able to stick with it. They used to have straight-up yoga classes but now they've switched to PiYo (Pilates + yoga) so that's what I'll try first.

Now I have to take Luna and the foster doggy out for a walk. He is fun but he's a ball of energy! Philip has the day off today so he can go with us to manage Luna while I work with Forrest on leash training.

-Yvonne in TX
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Vvvvvvv
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Janet: Congrats on your consistent logging! :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Yvonne: I’m happy with yoga. It has done wonders for my health. My DDIL is a qualified Pilates instructor and is a real proponent of Pilates. She had some health issues that were on the edge of crippling and went to a pilates class in the Olympia area to see whether the class could help her. Pilates saved her health and helped her become strong and flexible. She eventually took the course to become a certified pilates instructor. :heart:

Janet OKC: HAPPY 1200th day! :bigsmile:

Yoga today had a first—more men than women! Three of the four men there are retired, & the fourth might have been in his mid-thirties, possibly less. Both of the ladies other than the teacher are 50+. I’m glad I went. I ended up feeling great.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    On the DNA thing, got mine tested a year or so ago and found out there WAS Native American ancestry, at about the point in time that family mythology said there was. They haven't driven it down to the tribe yet, but I keep tabs on it, as they're always coming up with new refinements. Put it in a spoiler because it's huge. No surprises in mine. :)
    ip2cvnhd2h90.jpg

Kind of fascinating, nonetheless. The only thing we ever tracked down was one of my father's forebears who was jailed for disturbing the peace in the late 1700s in Rutherford County, North Carolina. His name was Peter, and he was evidently fresh off the boat from England. :smiley:

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,802 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    well I am hanging out with the pup, i had to work for about 3 1/2 hrs today, pick up the boys and take them home, went out to lunch with my friend Trudy.. then back to lock up work and ,boiled some eggs.. sort of a mish mosh day.. having some sleepytime extra tonight..