WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2019

Options

Replies

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    bananas and oranges We are going to a resort called Tsilivi on Zakinthos. We have been there before

Kate UK <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    I got the call!!! I am meeting with her boss Tuesday at 1030. She gave me some tips for meeting him. I’m nervous and excited now, but as she said once that’s done it’s up to the universe, I should know I’ve given it my best.

Tracey

Tracey
    - I have my fingers, arms, legs, and eyes crossed for you!!! I'm on the verge of a happy dance but don't want to jinx anything, lol. So GOOD LUCK <3

Lanette

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,715 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    I got the call!!! I am meeting with her boss Tuesday at 1030. She gave me some tips for meeting him. I’m nervous and excited now, but as she said once that’s done it’s up to the universe, I should know I’ve given it my best.

Pip - when is Kirby’s birthday and does he have a favourite colour?

Tracey

7-10-55 blue I think, I’ll confirm later when I get home

yup, it's blue
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Carol as time goes on I'm more and more discerning and post less and less. I pretty much almost only post work information or (even less and less) political info.
    some people are not so aware of the reach and possible impact of FB posts.

fork? nahh, I prefer fart. lolol
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 6.35, 14.4amph, 142mhr, 1.57mi= 75c
    apple watch- 61c
    LATERAL MACHINE- 40min, lvl5, 10W, 56arpm, 58aw, 130mhr, 111ahr, 4.61mi= 270c
    apple watch- 222c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 4.31min, 19.5amph, 142mhr, 1.46mi= 67c
    apple watch- 48c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.41min, 12.4amph, 149mhr,3.02mi= 154c
    apple watch- 115c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.13min, 149mhr, 10.01min mi.52mi= 60c
    apple watch- 57c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.05min, 9.02min mi. 153mhr, .45mi = 60c
    apple watch- 59c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.13min, 8.6amph, 143mhr, 2.60mi=
    apple watch- 145c

total 891c

yup, came home, kirby beat me already, he's got $625 lololol. I knew my reign wouldn't last
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Got behind again but spent this rainy day catching up. So many emotions when reading so many pages.
    Lisa- I thought vets could go to any doctor and Tricare would pay. You shouldn’t have to wAit for prescriptions. Congrats on the new grand baby.
    Tracie- you mentioned the Giants Causeway a few pages back and I wanted to tell you how much we loved visiting there when we were in Ireland a few years ago. I can still picture the sheep grazing with different colors of paint to identify the proper owner. Good luck with the job interview, saying prayers for you.
    Rye- so happy you popped in to let us know you are ok. Miss you.
    Barbara- thanks for your kind words regarding my headaches. Still dealing with them but determined to conquer them. Yoga helps a lot but only have it twice a week. Did some on my own this morning and the stretches helped.
    Sharon- thanks for letting us know how the surgery went and glad you are doing well.
    Didn’t take notes so can’t remember anything else.
    SueBDew in TX
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Pretty tired right now. Got stuff set up for conference, sat in a meeting for the afternoon. Committee went out for dinner at a fun place-pizza and salad. Logged everything pretty close I believe. Since I got 17,000 steps in and 139 active minutes in I think I’ll be ok. No way I’m eating back all of what I’ve been given in exercise calories.

Turning in, hope I can sleep in hotel. Even though we have an early start, I should be able to workout in am. If not, I know I will get quite a bit of walking in. Planning on making good food choices tomorrow.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    NSV ... I have two weddings coming up and I just don't think I can pull off black pants at a spring wedding and a summer outdoor wedding in June so I decided to bite the bullet, even though the scale had bounced up today, and go shopping. I haven't worn a dress in probably 15-20 years due to both my weight and bulging veins in my legs. Frankly, I don't even like the styles but I decided to try on a knee length dress, in a print no less, and it was too big. I tried a smaller size and it was too big. And then I walked out of the Women's Plus department and entered that foreign world called "Misses" and much to my dismay tried on a sheath/shift dress in a XXL that actually fit. I spent a good bit of time wandering around all those small little clothes ... needing the largest size there of course ... but still ... it was the Misses Department!! I bought the dress and will probably agonize over it for a while and then return it because I don't like my legs ... but it was definitely a fun afternoon! And talk about motivation to continue on even when you are discouraged by the scale...

Beth

Congratulations!!

But why not go for a long skirt? I'm wearing one today that goes to mid-calf. There are all kinds of pretty maxi dresses for summer.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Machka- My older sister sleeps with her eyes open. She uses eye drops (lubricant) and a gel mask (to keep her eyes shut). It was very weird sharing a room with her as a child.

I used strong/advanced formula lubricant eye drops last night and I think they might have helped a little. However, I'm still waking with very red eyes.

I'm going to see if I can find a mask today.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »

Machka: I love the cartoon!! I had metal fillings, too—silver amalgam. They’re all replaced now, I think. The silver is not a healthy thing to have in your mouth. :noway:

My recent fillings are a plastic rather than anything metal. :) I think that's the way they're going these days.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    trucker743 wrote: »
    Machka, that cat is me if I have to arise before 9.

Sharon Near Seattle

Me too ... and I do have to arise before 9 am 5 days a week!! I'm not a happy morning person.

AND ... this weekend I have to attend a conference which starts at 9 am both Saturday and Sunday. All I can say is that there had better be coffee!

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Just found out today that my fourth grandchild is on the way... or as my daughter put it, her "third and final."

Speaking of which, Michele! How are Denise and the new baby doing? Enquiring minds want to know. :)

Lisa in AR

Congratulations!!

We haven't heard from Michele ... but the Royal Baby is here, photographed and named. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    On a less warm and fuzzy note, I was advised to keep boot on ALL the time, including sleeping....Holy Farts! Also have to keep other foot in a compression band most of the time. I'll do my best, but as a side sleeper, I'm really dreading feeling that boot on top of my other foot. Next appointment is in 4 weeks, and he thinks that by then I'll be able to transition to a hard soled shoe. Also, I can slowly increase how much I walk as long as it doesn't cause swelling. For now, I'll still be needing to have groceries delivered in order to keep between 2500-2800 steps a day.

While driving today I was listening to a podcast about cats and learned that there has been research showing that a cat's purr is at a frequency range that promotes the healing of bones. So, I'll be doing my best to keep Mars purring like a motorboat.

Rori
    SMILING in the snowy
    Colorado Foothills

Can you prop the boot foot up on pillows in front of your non-boot foot when you're on your side?

I sleep on my side too (mostly), but like the two furthest right images, top and bottom.

morq9imagg8z.png

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Machka- My older sister sleeps with her eyes open. She uses eye drops (lubricant) and a gel mask (to keep her eyes shut). It was very weird sharing a room with her as a child.

I used strong/advanced formula lubricant eye drops last night and I think they might have helped a little. However, I'm still waking with very red eyes.

I'm going to see if I can find a mask today.

M in Oz

I am the proud owner of an eye mask! I want to wear it now, at work. But I suspect that wouldn't go over very well.

Instead, I've had to make do with applying some lanolin cream around my eyes. That has seemed to ease the pain around my eyes a bit ... made them relax a little perhaps.

M in Oz

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette: The girls in your clip were getting up using the same technique I use. I bet you can do it, too. Yoga has been a real blessing for me. My body thanks me for going to yoga classes regularly. :heart:

RV Rita: Cute little dog. I hope to hear from you again soon. :star:

Tracey: Congrats on getting the call! I hope all goes well. :flowerforyou:

Bananas&Oranges: Pot legality is decided on a state by state basis. Medical MJ was legal in Oregon for years before recreational pot was legalized. Colorado was first to legalize recreational pot as far as I know, then Washington & Oregon were after Colorado. Alaska and California have also legalized recreational MJ. The City of Washington DC was an early legalizer, too. Now there are additions to that list. On another topic, the cat poisoner in my life lived across the street from us many years ago. He put poisoned meat out in his garage to attract and kill cats. His wife was my neighbor’s best friend. My neighbor told me about his poisoning our cat and others the day we moved away. :sad:

Snowflake: Sending good thoughts your way. :star:

Beth: Congratulations on your weight loss success. Smaller sizes are proof that you’re doing the right things and getting healthier. :smiley:

Rori: One of my yoga teachers is a proponent of arnica. It works very well for her. I hope it works well for you, too. :star:

I am planning to go to a county park this Saturday that my horse friends are attempting to improve. They envision a roadside rest area for horses. People will be able to let their horses out of the trailer, move around freely and stretch on their way to the coast or on their way back home from the coast. I’ve seen one such corral on Interstate 80 East between Portland and Pendleton. I think this improvement will happen, but it will require some fundraising and public support to become a success.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon