WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2019

Options

Replies

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Rebecca-Congradulations. Welcome to the wonderful world of Grandma's. She is beautiful and the name matchs her.

Michele--Congradulations on the new grandson. I pray you get lots of cuddle time while there. I bet Denise is happy to have you there.

Happy Mother's day!! My DH and the 2 great grandson's that we take to Sunday school came and had lunch with me after church and bought me flowers. Made my day. It's the little things that mean so much. This is my last weekend working for the forseeable future. They cut our hours and so I will be working 7-3:30 Monday - Friday. I am happy about that part after 32 years. Being supervisor helps.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I remember back to having each of my son's today. Taking a photo, and then when the roll was filled, going to get it developed. My dear mom must've been so worried, not being able to see a photo for a bit. No emails, no messenger chat. No instant pictures. Yesterday, was my Mother's day gift. Athena Rose 🌹! I can relax now. Relax with everything in my life. Though this month is slim, I know we shall be just fine.👍
    💖Rebecca
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Michele- thanks for the update on the baby. So glad PJ is here and doing well. Cherish this time with your newborn grandson. You will be surprised how much you will miss him.
    SueBDew in TX
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    All the new grandbabies!! What fun and congratulations!!

I made a big dinner for us last night. It made everybody quite happy! Having a lazy day today!

Happy Mother’s Day!!

Connie in KY
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    <3
    Lots to catch up on - Congrats Michele on your new grandson.
    Love to all
    Viv UK
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,725 Member
    Options
    stat for the day;

manual treadmill- 15.42min, 12.33min mi, 144ahr, 1.25mi= 214c
    Apple Watch- 180c

happy moms day
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Rori, I stayed in my boot for six weeks, the first three non-weight bearing, I had a knee scooter which was very helpful. After the six weeks, I had to wear a soft lace up ankle brace for another six weeks. I didn’t have to wear it all the time, but just when I was walking, working out, or in crowds.

Rebecca, beautiful baby.

Michele, congrats on the new grandson.

Ketone Karen, thanks for the CBT oil lesson. I learned a lot.

• grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    📙Accountability post for Saturday, May 11th
    ✔1. Carbs 50g max with no more than 25g per meal. (13g)
    ✖️2. Fiber 25g. (3g)
    ✔️3. Track in MFP. Complete the entry daily.
    ✔4. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes (50 Active minutes).
    ✔5. No eating after 9pm.
    ✖️6. In bed by midnight.

• Overall Feeling. Energetic.
    • Exercise. No intentional exercise. I got 5338 steps and 50 active minutes - while cleaning house. And... I was working hard today. Sweating. I hope i pulled some fluid off myself. I was a bit swollen Friday night.
    • Eating deadline. I ate supper - grilled pork chop and Brussels sprouts. It was delicious. Then immediately got sick. So nothing but water the rest of the night.
    • Bedtime-Sleep Hygiene. Nope. It hasn't been a priority lately. I'll focus on it later.
    • Bright Spot today. Cleaning today - I rediscovered a photo frame with a photo of our 2 beautiful grandkids. The photo wax taken about 13 years ago. Grandson is graduating from HS this year. The photo is one I see every day. But I really enjoyed the frame. I bought it in Georgia while visiting our daughter when she lived there. The frame has a metal butterfly attached and a dragonfly attached with a spring. It's another one of my little treasures. Just a 4x6 wooden photo frame - but I was immediately drawn to it in the store and I was delighted by it today - as I cleaned it. I've been wiping it off and putting it back in the shelf without really seeing it. Today... I took time to appreciate it. I like dragonflies.
    • Today I’m grateful for:
    1. The rain today finally exited. Sunday is supposed to be a nice day for Mother's Day.
    2. My great night of sleep last night. Woke up feeling well rested.
    3. My energy level today.
    4. DH always helping me put fresh linens on our beds.
    5. Babybel mozzarella cheese rounds. The perfect size for a quick snack.

-- Ginger in Texas
    2b9mj3jibhni.jpeg
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

171 messages to read!

First Happy Mother’s Day to the Mom’s of humans and pets!!!

Lisa – I never thought about overtime and the military…. So many things we don’t know about jobs/careers that have not touched us directly

Beth – I missed your post somehow, but I’m short 5’1 ½” and have found a maxi skirt in a print and a solid top doesn’t make me look any shorter (LOL) and gets complements… When it is for summer I do love it as I have a hard time finding summer shoes that give me support and that I think are cute.

Rebecca and Rori – quick healing to both!

Dana – great to “see” you again

Ginger – a family that large is amazing to me… every relative I know of is just 13 people and some of those I have not heard from in years!

Kelly – can I spend my birthday with you?

Rebecca – Congrats !!! Athena Rose is super cute

Michele – congratulations!
    Evelyn – congratulations!

Kim from N. California
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,891 Member
    Options
    <3
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Morning check in

✔️ 1. weighed in yesterday 58.8
    x 2. tracked yesterday
    ✔️3. 30 min exercise yesterday
    ✔️ 4. five minutes meditation
    ✔️5.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project yesterday
    debatable - rewriting...6.produce at least 10-11 pages per day (until May 14th) yesterday
    x 7. Take care of at least one shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count) yesterday
    ✔️8. At least 15 min cleaning, (15 min ironing, and 5 min basic picking up) yesterday
    ✔️9. At least 15 min filing/paperwork yesterday
    x 10.average 1100 calories yesterday

• Overall Feeling: not great
    • Tracking :nope
    • Exercise : ok
    • 1100 calories net average : no
    • Long term writing 2hrs: yes
    • Long term writing 10-11 pages day until May 14th : not exactly
    • Short term writing/admin : no
    • Bright Spots : spoke with sympathetic classmates online

Grateful :
    1. sympathetic classmates
    2. things checked off above
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    congratulations to grandmas of new babies
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    hi

Evelyn nice pictures. nice that you are getting alone time with the kids. precious.

I started mfp in 2013 at 55.8 k and went down to 52 in a few months and stayed their for a few months and then tended to hover between52 and 55 for a few years. These past years it's been creeping up. Above 56 is not my comfort zone (clothes are tighter, etc,even many pairs of shoes are not comfortable with the gain!. I was around 60k when joining this thread, my highest weight in 3+ decades. (I had a moment in my early 20s when I gained, but lost it after a few months). Now it's at 58.6 after weeks of tracking and so on. I'm relieved that it's working a bit, but not exactly at thrilled point yet. I haven't tracked the past 2 days. I have somewhat of a pattern of slacking off tracking when I start to lose, thinking I'll go back to the long period (most of my 30S and 40s) when I didn't gain much and had sort of a natural balance, in terms of weight. I know that is a risk.

I don't feel like going to the gym today (as I usually don't) but I will go for a very short WO. It usually helps the morale and mine is not at it's highest point. once I'm there it's fine.

hope you guys are doing ok.