• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Yeah point #4 would really piss me off I don't blame u
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »
    I have become a shop-a-holic. At least, it seems like it. After losing 60+ pounds I needed to replace my total wardrobe (from undies to winter clothes, including shoes!) Seems that someone who has had an intense dislike for shopping suddenly finds, 63 pounds later, that shopping can be FUN. Am now living on a tighter budget and tracking expenditures to try to move from spending to saving mode (the logging/tracking habits learned while losing weight are helpful for financial management too!)

I've replaced everything from bras to all my pants...EVERYTHING. The one that shocked me? My shoes are all too big!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    smantha32 wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Some of us, especially those of us who live on little money, get tired of having to buy new clothes. I've dropped 14 sizes, and have gone through at least 3 wardrobes. Even thrift store prices get to become a burden. At this point, I'm scouring 25 cent clothing piles at yard sales, and even yard sale leftovers left outside for free because I can't afford even Community Aid's half-off day prices. I'm still working on my body, and I appreciate the positive changes, but they come with a price.

This is something I’m not looking forward to. I’m only 22lb into a 100+lb loss and it’s going to take me a long time so I know I’ll be in each size for a while. I know I’ll be happy about being in a smaller size but not being able to afford nice new clothing will be tough. I’m already looking at skipping the next size down and thinking tracking bottoms, leggings etc. I can’t wear them for work so I’ll just have to take the hit on a few items and wear the life out of them. And I’m dreading buying new bras in each size.

I moaned to my hubby about it just the other day and he said think of the money we’re saving on food! I nearly launched my phone at him. Not that I’d ever say he’s right but it has made me think about putting away a little each week for when I’m ready to size down. And I’m going to check the charity shops each week for good quality pieces even if they’re way too small. Hopefully I’ll only spend the same amount I normally would over the same period.

Good luck on your clothing quest x

With bra extenders I can wear the same bra plus or minus a lot of weight. These come in two hooks and three hooks: https://www.walmart.com/ip/3-Pcs-3-Hooks-Ladies-Womens-Bra-Extenders-Extension-Expander-Black-White-Beige/440032201?selected=true

e26bf87c-207a-4352-9a51-4ce543ba2cb6_1.d43866de2a2652dba2297aaad784874e.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

But the cups shrink too right?

When the bra cups are a little too big I can still make the bra work by filling the cups by "fluffing" my breasts :lol:
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Some of us, especially those of us who live on little money, get tired of having to buy new clothes. I've dropped 14 sizes, and have gone through at least 3 wardrobes. Even thrift store prices get to become a burden. At this point, I'm scouring 25 cent clothing piles at yard sales, and even yard sale leftovers left outside for free because I can't afford even Community Aid's half-off day prices. I'm still working on my body, and I appreciate the positive changes, but they come with a price.

This is something I’m not looking forward to. I’m only 22lb into a 100+lb loss and it’s going to take me a long time so I know I’ll be in each size for a while. I know I’ll be happy about being in a smaller size but not being able to afford nice new clothing will be tough. I’m already looking at skipping the next size down and thinking tracking bottoms, leggings etc. I can’t wear them for work so I’ll just have to take the hit on a few items and wear the life out of them. And I’m dreading buying new bras in each size.

I moaned to my hubby about it just the other day and he said think of the money we’re saving on food! I nearly launched my phone at him. Not that I’d ever say he’s right but it has made me think about putting away a little each week for when I’m ready to size down. And I’m going to check the charity shops each week for good quality pieces even if they’re way too small. Hopefully I’ll only spend the same amount I normally would over the same period.

Good luck on your clothing quest x

With bra extenders I can wear the same bra plus or minus a lot of weight. These come in two hooks and three hooks: https://www.walmart.com/ip/3-Pcs-3-Hooks-Ladies-Womens-Bra-Extenders-Extension-Expander-Black-White-Beige/440032201?selected=true

e26bf87c-207a-4352-9a51-4ce543ba2cb6_1.d43866de2a2652dba2297aaad784874e.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

But the cups shrink too right?

When the bra cups are a little too big I can still make the bra work by filling the cups by "fluffing" my breasts :lol:

Yeah, too-big cups I can handle for a bit, too-big band is what makes me feel sloppy. I always do the scoop-n-swoop to fill in cups, much more comfortable that way and a better indicator of correct cup size. I'll also take the gel inserts out of bathing suits and use those to fill out a cup. I'm kind of between cup sizes right now so it really does help.
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all of the comments but I had no idea the Raynaud's was related to weight loss. When it first happened to me I went to my neurologist because I thought it was my MS. He said no and explained what it was but didn't mention weight loss. I had recently lost probably 75 or 80 pounds when it happened. Scared the hell out of me. As for the temperature in general, I'm always cold. I was cold at 275 pounds and I was cold at 175 pounds, I'm afraid that's just who I am.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,430 Member
    Options
    Targets have a fantastic clearance section. I’ve picked up many many brand new items for $5-10 to tide me over for the summer.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Targets have a fantastic clearance section. I’ve picked up many many brand new items for $5-10 to tide me over for the summer.

I agree, they always have great things on clearance. You can also get great deals on items that are internet returns (bought online and returned in-store). That's how I got my swimsuit, still full-price online for like 50% off.
  • mitch22098
    mitch22098 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Low energy is the worst thing for me. Even with coffee I'll need to take a nap.
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    mitch22098 wrote: »
    Low energy is the worst thing for me. Even with coffee I'll need to take a nap.

I wish this was an issue for me! I thought the diet and extra exercise would help my sleep as I haven't slept a solid 8 hours since early high school. I still haven't.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I'm practically gaunt in the face and upper body, but still fat in the lower body. People tell me you even out after a couple years but ugh ugh ugh.
    I can also see why people comment and think you've lost too much weight when parts of you are all bones.

Yesss the struggle is real. My husband is slightly freaked out that he can see my ribs for the first time but I'm still not even at the lower end of the bmi. Every lb I have left to lose is from my ribs down... First on, last off.

Oh me three! My shoulders and upper body are quite angular and I'm narrow in the torso, but my thighs are still "healthy" looking presumably because I do more running/skating than upper body resistance work.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Nordstrom used to also. Nice stuff, super cheap. They went away in Dallas though. boo.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,561 Member
    Options
    I read most of this thread but didn't think it would happen to me but it did! All my shoes are loose! I just finished buying summer clothes, now I need shoes! I noticed my daily shoes were kind of loose and blamed it on ordering them online. I put on a pair of sandals and noticed the ankle straps were loose. It wasn't until I tried on an old pair of tennis shoes that it finally dawned on me that my shoes are too big! I'm 5'4 and was wearing 10s so size-wise I don't mind going smaller, it's the cost of getting new shoes. I bought a pair of flip flops and they were a nine, nice!