WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
    We weee walking and we see a bunch of people looking up. Couldn’t figure out what was so interesting about a sign on that building. Well a bald eagle was up there hanging out!
    8g5coj2wv3h3.jpeg
    drm9nlpt2v13.jpeg
    5ikpcl3zn66b.jpeg
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Amber! I am pretty sure my mom was very low on Vitamin B12 - I'm monitoring mine and it's now high normal! Doing what I can ;-) B)

Barbara AHMOD - forgot to mention, thank YOU for the lead on free credit monitoring through AAA. I just signed up! :D

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    ]Heather - thanks for the feedback! I suggest that you just bite the bullet and weigh yourself. I did that’s when I found out that I really needed to log my food and weigh myself daily!! It was really hard to get the extra pounds off but it really made me more accountable to know where I stood.

Michele - thanks for the formula! I will check that out to see how it works for me.

Rebecca - Athena is so beautiful! I’m so glad you were able to spend a lot of time with her!

Pip - I love your pictures of your cruise.

Margaret- praying for your son and family!

Katla - thanks! Prayers definitely do help! Good luck with your car insurance! Hopefully they will pay for the chip to be fixed.

Now to go do laundry then exercise! Have a great day everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota/ Arizona
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
    z83f73ci6f6m.jpeg
    1udupmz3bk54.jpeg
    3a903iv5v4j0.jpeg
    3cd789m3ds17.jpeg
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Amber, that's a very sweet photo of your daughter and son. Sounds like a very exciting but scary entrance into the world. I hope your body has healed completely. We had a neighbor when I was 15 who was horrified/delighted soon after her spouse died to find herself pregnant at 55. She did give birth, and lived to see that baby girl turn 30 and she got to have grandchildren.

Machka! Unfortunately indeed! By the way, the ring is lovely! I hope the cycling club issues are as simple as they sound.

Kate UK, you're amazing! Watch TV and knit socks? I can't watch TV and eat. Attention suffers from one to the other. Either my food gets cold or I lose track of the plot, lol!

NY Karen and Lisa in AR, thanks for the mini-tuneup. I keep my eyes focused on "later", whether in the day or in my life, and lose track of the now. At the moment Goldie is performing Hawaiian lomi lomi on my tummy. As long as I've kept her nails trimmed this feels great! She looks VERY serious as she does this, almost as if she's feeling for the next spot. Dr. Goldie.

bv1yyunrncwo.jpeg

Julia, what an inspiring picture! Kudos on the 28 mile ride when it happens.

Terri in Ireland! Wow! You look fabulous! You really rock an exercise outfit.

GRITSand …, my dad was born a preemie in 1914. They put him on the outer edge of the oven door in a shoebox padded with swaddling blankets with the oven on lowest setting. Chilly temps in the house (poor central heating!) kept it just the right temp. Dad was never muscular. He always kept his poet-like looks. This was when he was about 50.

0jsqj5ij35zt.jpeg

Heather, I too forget food cooking unless I'm standing over it. I bought an Instapot which has a keep-warm and a yogurt setting. However I need to rearrange my kitchen counters to set it up. Procrastinating. As usual. I DO hope your husband remembers to set the timer. For stewed fruit I usually bring it to a boil, then put the lid on and turn the burner off. It's fine when I come back to it a few hours later.

JR and Athena Rose are adorable! And Pip, your trip photojournalism is fun and interesting. Loved the hike pics especially. You would love Whitehorse YT and Dawson YT

Shannon NW Ont, I wish I were keeping as exercise motivated as you. You're doing great! Trust a cat to find the sunny spot!

I'm working my way past the roasted nuts binge the other day. I know the immediate gain was water due to the huge sodium hit. I'm back to eggs, lean meat, cottage cheese and yogurt with appropriate fruits and veggies. Still not enough fluids.

Sharon Near Seattle
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Rebecca--I bet you will enjoy every minute with that beautiful granddaughter.

Rori--How scary for you. Sending lots of hugs and prayers

Allie-You keep your share of the money. DSL has no right to try and talk you out of any of it. You have done more then your share for them. Sad thing about money and family they are not a good mix.

Pip--I have done the bar of soap under the sheet for years and it does work. Thanks for sharing all the pictures of your trip. I would like to go on crusie someday, but not sure I could handle being on the boat.

Tracey--Thanks for sharing the pictures. Looks like everyone had a great time.

KateUK- Love the socks and you could make them for Christmas gifts.

Margaret--Sending prayers for DS and that they get meds right.

AmberTX--Your life has been a adventure and what a beautiful son you have.

Well I am caught up again. We spent all last weekend and several days in Lincolin with DH sister. She has been on dialysis for 19 years and her body is tired. She weigh less 90 pounds and is 52 years old. Been diabtic since age 9. Really thought we were going to lose her and she is a fighter and will more then likely go home by this weekend.

I was up .3 for the month of May and have to get my ducks in a row. No excuse!
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE Where the rain needs to slow down. <3
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    ✔️1. weigh in 59.4
    ✔️ 2. logged all
    ✔️ 3.30 min exercise moving about
    ✔️ 4. five minutes meditation
    ✔️ 5.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project
    x 6.produce at least 2-finished pages per day average long term

✔️ 7. Take care of at least 3 shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count) per week
    x 8. At least 15 min cleaning
    x10.average 1100 calories net

• Overall Feeling : middling
    • Log all: I think so
    • Exercise: barely
    • 1100 calories net average: nope! 300 over and stilll hankering to nibble
    • Long term writing 2h :yes
    • produce at least 2 finished pages per day average long term writing project (from June 1 to June 10,): no
    •3 Short term writing/admin per week: yes on Monday

Grateful :
    1. got some stuff taken care of
    2. friends-collegues doing some altruistic work
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Went to the water class today. Boy, was I sweating in the class! The plan for tomorrow is to do Get Ripped with Jari Love DVD. After exercise went to this lady’s house, she made another set of “booties” for my elf costume, then stopped at the Salvation Army where I got what I hope will be another pair of work socks. If not, I’ll take the ones out of my bowling bag and use these for bowling, home to get dinner ready then tried to go to SC since I want a special paint for Sally only there was a BAD accident on 85 and I knew I would never get home in time. Maybe tomorrow. Just made an appt for an eye exam in December

Pip – you make me feel like I was there

Margaret – (((PRAYERS))) for you and your son

Rebecca – how fast can the scooter go? Around here they’re called “liquor cycles” since people who have lost their license for DWI usually get them.

I find (thank you Wii) that if I have some saltines or applesauce in the evening, my weight the next day is either down or at least the same as the day before. I many times add some cocoa to the applesauce just to give me that chocolate taste

Lag…. – welcome. We’re here so tell us more

Heather – if you’re in touch with Penny any more, give her my love.

Dana – your flowering magnolia tree, does it keep the flowers all summer? How “messy” is it? We had one when we lived in Stroudsburg, but I really don’t remember. My husband was the same way when I met up with an MFP friend. It must be a hubby “thing”. Now he had no problem with meeting someone on one of his forums

Jeopardy – I think James lost yesterday on purpose. I’m not a betting person, but I would have bet it all in final jeopardy. He only bet $1,000? That’s not like him at all.

Sharon – can you just imagine today if someone took a picture holding a cigarette??? Handsome dad you had

Ceramics tonight. Vince isn’t going to go because he says that the chairs there are too hard on his back. They do have a pillow there so I suggested he could use that, but he still doesn’t think he’ll go. I want to go and will probably finish Lucy and maybe Snoopy. I’ll start working on Linus or Sally.

Michele in NC
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    :)