WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
    Hello y’all!

Pip your pictures are fantastic! You both look so relaxed! Did you fly to Seattle? I’m not sure where you live. My parents drove to Alaska all the way on the Alaskan Hwy. most of it was gravel back in the 70’s. My dad was very adventurous and hunting and 4-wheeling was his thing.

Rebecca Athena is so adorable! I bet you just want to hold her close! Precious!

Heather My father was on a British base during WW2. He was a tailgunner in a B-17 and sat what amounted to a bicycle seat behind a large caliber gun. Him and his crew bombed the Nazi army over Berlin and France. He was there on “D Day”. I’ll post some pictures I have on FaceBook tomorrow.
    They were shot down in the English Channel and the Brits picked them up.

Barbara coastal AHMOD
    say, what is AHMOD?
    I see that all the time. LOL

Rori. That flower is a magnolia on our tree out back. I was lucky enough to get a close shot off the deck.

Yes I am 70! . My birthday is March 11, 1949 and was born in SoCal.

Been busy vacuuming and washed the kitchen floor. Washed the floor rugs too. I love to walk barefoot on a nice clean floor but most of the time the dogs track too much dirt in.

I’ve been staying under my calories and trying to keep moving. I was going to the Y this morning but got side-tracked!

Meeting up with a MFP that lives here in Hot Springs too. Going to a grill on the lake. Should be interesting. My DH said, “Are you sure she is who she says she is?”
    Then he said maybe she’s a man. OMG. It’s a public place for lunch.
    I guess if you don’t ever hear from me again I’ve been murdered or ran away with this “man”! LOL

Lenora Hi! I’m glad you are back. Me too. I took a break for awhile too.

Have a great day!
    Dana In Arkansas

We live in tacoma wa. About 30mi South of Seattle. We walked from hm to the bus station (backpack on each of us) then walked to see our stockbroker guy in Seattle, then walked to magnolia where the ship was. About 7miles total
  • pipcd34
    Options
    8t9ncm7ckh9g.jpeg
    z948fajkge17.jpeg
    jhgdjrpygnf4.jpeg
    jtwxam8y7r2w.jpeg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: Thank you for taking us along on a photo journal of your trip. :bigsmile:

Lagilmore: It looks like you’re off to an excellent start. :star:

Heather: Thanks for the update on Penny. :flowerforyou:

Pip: Love the photos. I think my favorite is Kirby and the bronze dog. I’m guessing he’s missing yours. :heart:

DanaReel: We’re practically twins. I’ll be 70 next month. I’m planning for it to be a very good year. :flowerforyou:

Rebecca: If the man on the scooter is your son Michael, he sure looks like his dad. :star:

I took the car to a glass repair person and she improved matters with my windshield but said that it isn’t a good fix and we may need to replace it in the near future. She did what she could but didn’t charge anything. Nice woman. I need to talk things over with DH and the insurance office.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Michelle, I think James was ensuring his second place finish in case he missed and the guy went all in. He figured the woman would bet enough to beat him by a dollar if she got it right, which is exactly the way she bet. Then if she missed the final jeopardy he would win. He knew he couldn’t win if she got it right, so there was no point in betting big. I think it was a strategic bet.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Katie & Michele ~ I just hope he doesn't lose all his winnings by gambling more. I read that since he lives in California, the taxes will be very high on his winnings. Read on Wikipedia that he was a math major and probably a genius in math and physics. Boy, do I wish I had those brains. :)

Carol in GA
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Dana - Looking good! I just had to get off all social networking sites, because of my fall right before Christmas. I'm still not over it, Neurologist said I still can't drive and we'd revisit it at my next appointment. Louis told him that he, our boys, and our oldest DGD don't think I ever need to drive again. After a few trips to Albany, I am beginning to agree with them. I have enough to keep me busy, and this week after Louis moves his cabinet doors I'm going to go drag out my art supplies, figure out which are still good and maybe try to figure out how to store them somewhere on my porch. The porch has become a bone of contention between us. The other day he commented that we need to work on it. When we were coming home from Will's.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Tiring day today. Driving an hour there and back for a meeting, rushing back for two more meetings. Got tied up after that on phone call regarding issue with another county. Got steps in for the day, logged and stayed under calories and dishes in the dishwasher but that is about it. But, meeting my daily commitments, doing what I am supposed to at work, and keeping house taken care of is enough.

Thanks for all of the great updates. I now really want to take an Alaskan cruise. May take my kids on one when I retire-think that would be a great family vacation. But with grandkids, we may just do Florida. Maybe I'll do the cruise with a friend.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Discovered 2 types of ice cream that are low calories going to give it a try told Hubby pick some up. Supposed to be 4 servings whether you get the pint or pops. Be nice tho 80-90 calories per serving

Also getting the snack pack sugar free jellos 5 calories each it claims comes in a 4pack
    Trying new products.

Watching Netflix with JR y doing laundry
  • pipcd34
    Options
    3ctteq1w3gvb.jpeg
    1a61ezn4lc4z.jpeg
    xkd4h380zboy.jpeg
    0gy1vbx0lbv2.jpeg
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Katla, the guy on the baby blue scooter is my husband! Heehee. This was in 2011. Way before he was sick. He called the scooter his chick magnet!
    💖Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.09min, 13.3amph, 127mhr, 1.58mi= 82c
    apple watch- 62c
    HELIX MACHINE- 30min, 116ahr, 137mhr, 56arpm,lvl6, 3.35mi= 277c
    apple watch- 213c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 4.49min, 18.3amph, 127mhr, 1.47mi= 69c
    apple watch- 48c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.35min, 12.5amph, 135mhr,3.03mi= 159c
    apple watch- 116c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.07min, 131ahr, 141mhr, 10min mi, .51mi= 65c
    apple watch- 60
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.17min, 9.25min mi, 158mhr, .45mi= 67c
    apple watch- 56c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.17min, 146mhr, 8amph, 2.58mi= 225c
    apple watch- 149c

total cal 944
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    "Katla, the guy on the baby blue scooter is my husband! Heehee. This was in 2011. Way before he was sick. He called the scooter his chick magnet!
    💖Rebecca"

I thought he looked amazingly familiar. :laugh:
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    -1. weigh in -
    - 2. log all
    - 3.30 min exercise moving about
    ✔️ 4. five minutes meditation
    - 5.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project
    - 6.produce at least 2-finished pages per day average long term

✔️ 7. Take care of at least 3 shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count) per week
    - 8. At least 15 min cleaning
    -10.average 1100 calories net

• Overall Feeling : ok
    • Log all:
    • Exercise:
    • 1100 calories net average:
    • Long term writing 2h :
    • produce at least 2 finished pages per day average long term writing project (from June 1 to June 10,):
    •3 Short term writing/admin per week: yes on Monday

Grateful :
    1. long days
    2. birds signing
    3. sunny-ish morning
    4. buckwheat flakes
    5. frozen blueberries
    6. bowls
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @pipcd34 lovely pictures! what a trip!

@Machka9 the Pilates sounds great! did you go on the rowing machine?

@margaretturk I hope things are ok with your son. keep us posted.

@auntiebk all sounds good how was tai chi?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    @Machka9 the Pilates sounds great! did you go on the rowing machine?

I love my rowing machine. :) I've had it since late March and use it 2-3 times a week. I average probably about 20 min on it ... yesterday I did 16 min. If I use it on the weekends, I'll be up around 30 min.

I was using the rowing machines in the university gym when my husband was well, but it is kind of inconvenient to go there now that he's not so we've been slowly setting up a home gym.

Tonight I'm hoping to either walk or row after work ... depends on how my husband feels. If he's tired, I'll row. If he's up for a walk, we'll walk. And if I'm feeling particularly energetic, I might do some weights too. Maybe.

M in Oz