WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,391 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Viv UK: Deepest Sympathy. Prayers and hugs for you and your family at this sad time.
    Heather UK: Great article by your DDiL. I was reading about this syndrome just last week.
    Margaret: so glad your son is on the mend.
    Beth: It's lucky you remembered about that tick. Hope hubby is on the mend.
    Re closets: I was always a bit of a clothes hoarder, myself. I was taught to keep everything, 'just in case'. There were lots of hand-me-downs. Then I did a declutter Challenge a couple of years ago, and changed my viewpoint. Got rid of so many items. Still working on it.
    @drkatiebug ❤️ the new hairstyle and glasses.

Sending positive vibes to those who need them.

Planning to work in the garden today if the weather holds out.

☘️Terri N Ireland
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    VIV sorry you lost your Dad :'(:'(

REBECCA love photos I remember holding my first grandchild 18 years ago. What a feeling like nothing else in the world :D

Kate UK <3
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Becca. How full of love you look holding that beautiful Athena Rose. So happy for you <3<3

Packed a healthy breakfast and lunch and off to work I go.

NYKAREN
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options

yes 3.30 min exercise
    maybe 5.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project
    yes[/b6.produce at least 2-finished pages per day average long term
    yes[/b8. At least 15 min cleaning

• bananasandoranges
    Options
    @Machka9 I works with google chrome but not with safari ! got it! thank you!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    :)
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    @Machka9 sounds like you got the short end of the stick in terms of bell curve use. but that it won't have an impact on your employment, but that can be frustrating and possibly demotivating if you put in all the work.
  • bananasandoranges
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 Terri, I am from Boston area. someone from there told me that there's a saying or he describe their clothes philosophy as "keep it till it's good and worn and then do without". LOL. i had probably less than average amount of clothes for a woman from North America or Western Europe or Australia etc, but still much more than enough, and most annoyingly, a few almost never worn items (that are not just special event items). I have hardly been buying clothes these past years and am wearing things out. What I have too many off is pairs of socks. But if I dont buy any (other than needed for color, etc reasons) for 5 years, I'll be able to hone it down.i have a lot of striped and polka dotted long knee socks and also many black pairs for more serious times, both cotton and wool for the black ones.
  • bananasandoranges
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @wizzywig Viv, I'm so sorry to hear that about your dad. all my condolences to you and your family.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    @Machka9 I works with google chrome but not with safari ! got it! thank you!

Ah yes ... I'm a PC Chrome user.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Viv- I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad! I’m glad you got to spend time with him. I love his outlook on life! (((Hugs & Prayers))) to you and your family.

Drkatiebug- you look fantastic! You’re doing a great job with your goals!

Rebecca - you and Athena look beautiful!! So happy that you get to enjoy your new granddaughter!

<3

Mary from Minnesota/ Arizona
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @Machka9 sounds like you got the short end of the stick in terms of bell curve use. but that it won't have an impact on your employment, but that can be frustrating and possibly demotivating if you put in all the work.

It means if I'm going to have a chance of finishing a course with an HD (80-100%) - "honours distinction", I need to work my butt off during the course and get a high HD (90-100%) so that I've got a little bit of room when my exam mark is lower. Sometimes I can do it ... sometimes not.

The motivating factor is the end result - Master's degree. In my line of work, if I want a chance of going up a band level or two or three, the more education the better. And other factors as well, but education is an important element.

My hope is to move up into a much better pay scale (band level) and then go to 4 days a week instead of 5. But we'll see. Could be just a dream.

M in Oz
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Michelle NC (darn spell check always adding another L in your name). - We go by the nap on the app but find a empty spot if theirs a crushed one left we take it. Our stores are hit by smaller Hill Country towns some without stores plus our own folks.We get pretty picked over especially if theirs a tornado warning to worse! One time hubby went their was no canned foods! He got on the floor grabbed the ones that had rolled under shelves checked the date tossed them in dents y dust lol. Other times they just have a blank spot cause it’s a great item everyone wants it especially since we’re a military town their watching calories too for weigh ins.
    Athena such a cute baby girl!

Heather- loving those shoes!!! So cute!
    Amber Tx