WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Evening all-had a good day. Got stuff done (including and HR issue late in the day, it wasn't so good, but I handled it as well as could be-won't miss that when I retire). But, ate well, stayed in line and got three 30 minute walks in.

@cmsavells -I had no toys left, but I had sons so it worked out. I think instead of therapy, I’ll just keep on with weight loss and exercising. Finding it easier to get rid of stuff when taking care of me!

@Machka9 -some Professor do such silly tricks. It’s easy to write tests to trick, harder to teach to learn. Saw a lot of that (I ended up with Ph.D.)-tried not to play those games when I taught.

@coastalgosgal -nothing better than holding a grandbaby!

@wizzywag - so sorry to hear about your father.

@bananasandoranges -totally relate to socks. Haven’t started clearing those out yet. That will be tough!

@drkatiebug -I was at our Synod Assembly (just for Southern Ohio) this past week end. Luckily not much in the way of politics. Current Bishop reelected on first ballot by overwhelming majority. Isn’t often that easy! Hope yours isn't bad.

Off to bed soon--have to be at work early for a 7:30 meeting tomorrow.

Ginny in Ohio
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did one segment of 10MS Carb Burner DVD then took the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jillian Michaels Killer Arms and Back DVD. This is a new one for me so we shall see how it goes.

Rebecca – I hate to say this, but I wasn’t looking at you!...lol You could have been wearing your pajamas for all I would have noticed

Bananas – yes, there are only 4 houses on our street.

Viv – I’m so very sorry to hear about your dad

Heather – those trainers are so cool! I’m sure Ros will see them and smile

JR – don’t worry one bit about the extra “l”. You have no idea how many people spell it this way.

Laurie – welcome! You posted perfectly

Carol – so glad you went back to the gym and got good help

Rori – looks like you had a great time

After exercise counted the collection money then bowling. Ceramics tonight and then went to mahjongg.

Michele in NC
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Viv, sincerest condolences on the loss of your dad.
    Rebecca, on the contrary you look wonderful, holding that beautiful baby!
    Will have to comment and post per page today, on tablet instead of desktop, hope everyone is having a great day!
    Evelyn Vancouver Island
  • evie1958
    Options
    Heather, so glad you got your bling trainers in time for the funeral! Sounds like this will be a sad and yet joyful occasion. Sending you HUGS.
    Lisa, you are a smart woman, letting hubby do the heavy lifting and saving your hands! Congrats on the grant!
    Evelyn Vancouver Island
  • evie1958
    Options
    Mary, you look amazing!!!
    Pip, that still looks so painful! Happy to hear that you are healing quickly. Hoping for the best for Bullwinkle and supportive of your decision not to put her through chemo, should it be cancer.
    Carol in GA, happy to hear that you had a good positive experience at the gym! Your endurance will build up on the machines, just push a little bit more everyday! Although having said that, don't go crazy! Even an extra 30 seconds every few days will produce results!
    Rori, lovely photo of you DH and friends, so glad you had a fun time snd that your ankles are healing!!
  • evie1958
    Options
    Heather, hubby and I saw Sir Elton here in 2011. It was a bittersweet night, the concert of a lifetime on the night my mom passed away. He does put on a helluva show!!
    Evelyn Vancouver Island
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,093 Member
    Options
    The medical doctor who was treating John was very happy with his progress. He told us he thought it would take he at least another week to get to where he is right now. I firmly believe mom and dad care spend up his recovery. I also think playing the healing music had an effect. Unfortunately I can't take my lap top into where he is recovering next. I hope to see him home by the end of next week. It was a long week. We took him in last Wednesday morning.

There are so many great meditative and calming videos to listen to on you-tube. Noni the woman I met in the park when I was visiting my home town told me about them. To find them look up 741 hertz or deep healing music.
    :heart: Margaret
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - the blue line diapers work great until they get bigger then their buckets of pee it goes yellow line to blue line to green to white lol so you check can’t tell without the old fashion feel for mushy or wet test. Their definitely better than the cloth ones I used for my 1st kiddos. I like these better! Only had disposable back then for on the go. They were well tape sides! Like the Velcro on these new ones! Especially for potty training their better than the pull-ups!

Michele- fighting this auto correct only JR can get it to listen guess you got to be 2yrs old now of days lol. I hate it cause I like names to be right. No one gets mine correct the pronunciation is Ember theirs no loud A in the Native American Alphabet! Yet everyone likes to pronounce a huge loud A .
    My last name everyone misspells too so oh well. At least my whole family has this issue lol. Aunt Níla (Nãla pronounciation) had gets so mispronounced she would do it back to them.Older she got better she got at quick puns! Lived past 100. You say Nilla she says hello Michael. She was a card. Also ran folks over with the wheelchair did it extra much at my grandpa funeral (her brother) cause she saw me 🤭 giggle. The funeral director dived into the bathroom 🚽.wheeee down the hall she went my cousins jumped into some bushes lol. She put my Daughter in the coffin ⚰️ with her cousin (Both were 4yrs old y 3 1/2yrs they hugged on grandpa). Luckily funeral home was used to Native American funerals for our family they stopped batting an eye decades ago. Her y everyone sand Amazing Grace she taught the little ones the words so we could all sing together then she sang alone a Native hymn to him for brothers. After we went out to eat the happy stories y songs about grandpa continued for 3days we had MothersDay meal with Grandma the day he died was MothersDay. We don’t fear death in our family. Only time death has scared me is a funeral on Moms side never went again.... was very different. Moms funeral ended with a beautiful meal also Dads smile was so big as he spoke about her y my Daughter listening 👂.I took the picture as my Hubby went for ice creams for us all was a long line. It’s a joyous time we’re taught from a young age. We even played tag in the cemetery while funerals took place even for our German Jewish relatives. Was always adults hugging,laughing,singing,y kind sad eyes. They believed the joy of children at such a time marks the persons happy legacy left behind for all to enjoy.
    Amber Tx
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Janetr- Sooo nice to see you post :)
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    ✔️1. weigh in 60.2 up
    -2. log all
    -30 min exercise
    ✔️ 4. five minutes meditation
    -5.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project
    - 6.produce at least 2-finished pages per day average long term
    - 7. Take care of at least 3 shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count) per week
    - 8. At least 15 min cleaning
    - 9. At least 5 min day filing
    -10.average 1100 calories net,

• Overall Feeling : was ok, but when I see the weight up-bummer
    • Log all:
    • Exercise:
    • 1100 calories net average:
    • Long term writing 2h :
    • produce at least 2 finished pages per day average long term writing project (from June 1 to June 10,
    •3 Short term writing/admin per week:
    •cleaning :

Grateful :
    1. good night's sleep
    2. home is fairly tidy, relatively speaking
    3. bed feels great after a full day
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    😍